Ended
Watch

A Day Gets Longer

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Asp

In the end, Asp decided it would simply be easier to bring Jonathan to the Circle of Creation. He was a friend of Sharp's and thus a friend of the Arrow - and any Arrow could find out the location of the Circle. There were plenty of private spaces in the area. Better here than to bring someone she'd just met to meet the Threats and reveal their Sanctum's location.

Star and the girls would probably just make fun of her anyway, when she wouldn't tell them what this training was about.

Why was it that she chose a story about dojo sex, again?

"Welcome to the Circle of Creation," she said as she led Jonathan into a quiet space. "It's the Arrow's local HQ. Plenty of space for us to train privately. So, is Jonathan what you prefer to go by in Awakened company?"

Introductions. They were a thing (small T).

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Asp brought Jonathon to the Circle of Creation. After nightfall the normally multicolored light that shined through the stained glass windows was absent, and darkness cloaked all outside the vestibule. The gym in front of them was simply a wall of darkness, but that wasn't where they were heading. Privacy was a bitch to get at the Circle these days. Once when numbers were more sparse Leo and Animus would've walked these halls with plenty of room, and the Gaurdians were always so few in number that even before the Hostel they had more then enough space in their area.

Now though the Arrow numbered nine and the Gaurdians were still about and also growing in number. The gym, shooting range, and dorms among the many other spaces were not likely to remain vacant for long. Dinner time was the reason Asp managed to sneak to the left in the vestibule and head down stairs. The small windows in the door leading to the pool and shooting range in the basement were not easy to peak through when not looking intentionally. Sure the hall to the Gaurdians area was open, but silent. Finally Asp arrives at the end of the hallway, at a steel door that looks sturdy enough to withstand even the mightiest of forces.

The bunker inside was barebones. folded up cots, provisions, the odd cabinet and cupboard here and there.

"Cozy." Jonathon said as he stepped in. "This where all the cool kids hang?"

He was smiling again.

A
    Asp

Asp smiled right on back, her gaze panning around the shitty-looking bunker. "Yeah, absolutely," she said, quietly knocking on the door as if to indicate the badassness of this place. "Or at the very least, where you and I can hang for this stuff."

She swing her arms out a bit. "So. How do ya wanna do this?"

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"First we talk." Jonathon moves over and leans on one of the desks. "I need to know a few more things."

A hand rose to almost eye level between them. "What's your diet like?" His index finger extended. "How often do you meditate?" His middle finger follows suit. "And what do you think of being perfect?" The last finger extended at the same time his smile widened. The word was a bit pretentious, but totally Truth.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

A
    Asp

Asp nodded, slipping her hands into her pockets. "Sure," she said, as if inviting him to ask whatever. His questions might've seemed out of the blue to another, but she knew Sharp. She knew what he'd been about, and while her diet wasn't quite as good as his in that she totally cheated sometimes, it was definitely not bad. You had to eat well to stay strong. "I keep balanced usually. Plenty of water, all the time," she said, waving the Evian she constantly carried by her side. "Breakfast is usually fruit. Lunch is my biggest meal 'cause it's right before a big workout. Usually it's some combination of meat, veggies and grains. Food guide standard, you know? Dinner's usually something a bit lighter. Salad, chicken and rice, that kind of thing. Occasionally, desserty stuff sneaks in, but I keep it minimal."

"Meditation is actually something I do almost daily in the morning, through the martial arts katas or yoga. It's not like, sitting on a mat and going 'ohm' or anything, but it definitely brings me peace and lets me reflect. It's meditation through martial arts, and it works nicely for me. I'll usually do my daily castings after that. When you do it under a Hallow and you've cleared your mind and warmed up your body, it's almost like... I dunno. Like you're closer to the Supernal, you know?"

As for the last question? "I think perfection's something everybody should strive for. That's especially true for the Awakened. I haven't yet seen it happen, but that doesn't mean it's not possible to get there if Awakened can find that place in their Soul to be it. Through our connection to the Supernal Realms we have a real opportunity to seek that out and be it."

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jon remained perfectly still while Asp explained. She was so perfect it was almost too easy. Either Sharp already did his job for him or Asp was just a perfect little angel.

So now came the fun part. With almost unnatural speed Jon launched himself from the desk he was leaning on. Two hands reach out to grab Aspen. Down in the bunker, where they were alone, and no one could hear either person scream.

It really was private though.

Asp init 12, Jon init 18, 5 suxx to grapple Asp before Armor and defense
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-04 00:22:13 Jonathon rolls 10 to grab a snake (Str+Brawl+Grapple Spec) (10 Again) 7, 3, 1, 8, 8, 2, 9, 8, 7, 8 5 successes
    2014-08-04 00:16:43 Jonathon rolls 1 die for initiative 5
    2014-08-04 00:12:57 Asp rolls 1 die for initiative 5

A
    Asp

Asp moved with him, noting his remarkable strength. Was he enhanced? She played off it, yanking him into an arm bar to gain position.

Asp immobilizes Jonathan. 2 sux required to exit.

1 sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-04 00:34:22 Asp rolls 3 to Immobilize (STR+BR+spec-5) (10 Again) 3, 4, 9 1 success

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The smile turned back into a smirk. Not a bad move, but she'd need to do better. He escaped the pin almost effortlessly, and was now staring at Asp.

Fun times.

Jon escapes the grapple...easily
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-05 00:50:02 Jonathon rolls 7 to grapplez. (Str+Brawl+Spec-3) (10 Again) 10, 9, 1, 1, 9, 3, 10, 9, 4 5 successes

A
    Asp

Asp whirled her arms up and through his to break the hold, darting over to her bag and drawing her tonfa out of its holder on the side in a flash of motion. She leveled it along her arm, ready for him.

Playing into an enemy's strength? That was just silly. Change it up.

Defense is now 4.

grapple broken, weapon quickdrawn
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-05 01:00:30 Asp rolls 3 to Disengage Grapple (10 Again) 7, 2, 10, 6 1 success

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

An eyebrow raised as she rushed to her bag. The faux glowstick got a chuckle from the Monk.

In truth Jonathon wasn't planning to use armor for fear of making the fight too one sided to properly examine Asp, but if she was pulling enhanced weapons out it was time for at least a small bump. Asp's unseen senses tingle as Jonathon reaches out to his Watchtower, whichever it maybe, and a layer of spellwork wreathes the man.

2 suxx Forces Armor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-05 19:56:37 Jon rolls 8 to Forces Armor (Gno+Forces) (10 Again) 7, 3, 10, 2, 1, 3, 2, 4, 8 2 successes

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.