(Private) Manners & Etiquette

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

An easy smile, “Then let us begin.” She replied as she folded her hands on her lap.

“With this being an Invictus Domain, great importance is placed on manners and etiquette. Some of the basics include bowing to show respect to those in a position of power, or of higher standing within the First Estate. It is also important to use ones titles, but in the correct order and in the correct situation.” This was where some Kindred got things confused. “Lets use my titles for example,” where she had recently added Priscus, she had collected a few titles. “Would you ever use my title as Priscus of Shadows?” she asked. It had proved a good teaching tool to ask questions throughout an etiquette lesson. “And what is the proper and correct way to introduce someone who holds many titles?” of course there was a correct order to titles, and getting that wrong might be considered by some to be an insult. She would usually let it slide the first time, address the problem and move on.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

J
    Juan Cordoba

Sir Baldwin's introduction came to mind. "I would not use your title as Priscus of Shadows within a formal introduction," the Toreador replied. "I would adhere to the proper titles as addressed by Sir Baldwin upon our first encounter." He paused briefly, like an actor preparing his lines, "Good evening. Allow me to introduce Lady Daniella Sage, Au Pair of Sacramento and Keeper of His Grace's Elysia."

The Daeva added a concern of his own, "I do not know if His Grace has differentiated the Elysian Fields between Nox Populai and Ballo Della Notte. I was once in a Domain where there were two Keepers. Both held two distinctly separate locations and were expected to be addressed as Keeper of their corresponding venue."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“Ah, but at the time of our first encounter I had not been elected into the position of Priscus.” She pointed out with a smile. Her tone was not condescending. “Now things change slightly in mixed company. Invictus Titles are not used, though you will note that I have used those titles while introducing myself. But that is after I have learned there is an Invictus among those gathered, and I find it to be important for a member of the First Estate to know when another member is present and where he or she stands.”

He raised a good and interesting point. To be honest, she had never discussed it with Martha. “The Presentation Seneschal Villiers presents lists them as separate Elysian Fields. Along with Reverence and Club Ember. Having multiple Keepers is a new development for the Domain, and as such, I would dare to guess the proper form of address lies with the individual. I do know Seneschal Villiers and I are both listed as Mistress Keepers, without a location provided.” She made a note to ask Martha how she wished to address the small issue.

“Now, along with proper use of and order of Titles, comes using the correct terms of address. Which refers to tone of voice, including submissive, formal, familiar, intimate and disparaging. Submissive is reserved for and recommended for use when one wishes to underscore his or her own inferiority to the Kindred in question. But be warned, using such a tone can be dangerous if one has even a hint of sarcasm, or if such is suspected, the address becomes an insult.” She advised. “Formal address is generally the safest and most common mode of address. It is entirely neutral. The familiar address is reserved for those of close blood relatives. Though one can use such a tone when referring to ones coterie-mates. It is worth noting, that using a familiar tone when addressing ones superior can be disastrous.” One had to be careful with tones. “Now an intimate voice is only to be used with those he or she has been lovers with. Which include use of ones first name. That leaves us with the disparaging address. This usually includes addressing a Kindred using the term My. This form of address is only appropriate in two situations, to assert one’s superiority over the Kindred in question or to issue forth a challenge. But be warned, one must be prepared and be able to back up his or her words.”

That was a lot to take in, but where he was a member of the Invictus, she was sure this was not news to him. “Any questions thus far?” she asks, from her tone it was clear she would welcome and answer any and all questions.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

4. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan gave no expression of discontent. He simply did not know what the Mekhet Clan was doing.

He listened attentively, committing the information to memory. The ease in which the Au Pair conveyed it, it was not a surprise because it was her station. None the less, her articulation was impressive, "You are incredibly thorough Lady Sage," de Cordoba replied with polite fashion.

A sheepish look gradually manifested, "For lack of a better description, might I practice with you?" asking respectfully. "Despite being fluent in English, I still have some challenge with the language. Words get lost in translation."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

The Shadow slightly bows her head, “Thank you.” She strived to be as thorough as she could. One thing she hated was repeating herself. “I do hope if I didn’t explain something enough, or was not clear, you would tell me.”

She was a little taken aback by his request, it wasn’t on she had heard before. But his reasoning was sound, and she always considered herself to be understanding.

“It is not a request I have heard before, but I can see the value in your request. Please, proceed.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan Carlos expressed his gratitude, "Thank you ever so much." He took a few moment to collect his thoughts. "I will first speak in the submissive when I know that there is another member of the First Estate," he informed as a disclaimer.

"Good evening, allow me to introduce you to The Most Eloquent Lady Daniella Sage, Au Pair of Sacramento, Keeper of His Grace's Elysia, and Priscus of Shadows."

Clasping his hands together, "I will now speak with the formal tone under the assumption that there are no Unconquered present." Another pause, "Good evening, allow me to introduce you to Lady Daniella Sage, Keeper of His Grace's Elysia, and Priscus of Shadows."

Concluding his attempts, he fell quiet awaiting feedback.

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

To be honest, she kinda liked the sound of The Most Eloquent. She did know it would take more years of hard work and dedication to earn such praise, but she was willing to put in the work.

Smiling, “I must say, that was very well done. The tone was spot on and the titles were used appropriately, in the right order, and when in the correct company.” She replied.

“For someone who has challenges with the language, you are doing quite well.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador would accept the compliment for what it was. "Thank you," he replied in appreciation. "If I am correct, the informal tone would be Lady Sage..." Juan's face betrayed how perplexed he truly was.

"Or would it be Lady Au Pair Sage? That is where I am most hung up on. I do not know which is the appropriate sequencing and terminology for Kindred of Quality and those who are not."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

It was refreshing to talk with a Kindred with so many interesting and valid questions.

There was a brief nod of her head, “The informal, or familiar tone is a combination of the titles of Esteem and the Kindreds first name. I didn’t clarify that very well as it can be tricky and not used all that often. So in my case, it would be Lady Daniella.” She replied with a smile.

“Those Kindred who are not of the First Estate can be difficult. It depends on what the situation is, rather it is a formal introduction, or if you are seeking their assistance on a Domain matter. The correct sequencing would be City Titles, followed by Clan and then Covenant Titles. But keep in mind that is when you would be introducing the Kindred. If you were to address them, the correct form of address would be dependent on the matter you wished to discuss with him or her. For example, if you were approaching Reeve Connery on Domain business, particularly safety or whatnot, it would be appropriate to address him as Reeve Connery.” Seemed she always used Dillon in these discussions, probably because he had many titles. “You wouldn’t address him as Priscus, as he is not your Priscus. But each title and position he holds should be stated when introducing him. Does that make sense?” she asked, wanting to make sure Juan understood and that she explained it clearly.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan listened with undivided attention, nodding as the Mekhet clarified the informal tone. "Lady Daniella is informal, while Lady Sage is formal," he repeated to demonstrate comprehension.

"I saw in Seneschal Villiers' presentation. He is without a doubt a distinguished Kindred."

The Daeva caught himself diverging off topic. "I would introduce him to newcomers as Reeve Dillon Connery, Regent of Valencia, Priscus of Gangrel and Bishop of the Lancea Sanctum. After that, it would be Reeve Connery in all conversations thereafter." He paused for a moment, "I hope that's the proper sequence."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread