(Private) Manners & Etiquette

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“You are correct on the informal.” She replied, “But formal address is the Title of Esteem combined with Title of Function. If the Kindred you are addressing has no Title of Function, then his or her last name will suffice. In my case, it would be Lady Au Pair. Now if the Kindred has more than one Title of Function, the one that most applies to the situation at hand is used.” Her tone was one of being helpful. “It can get a little tricky, and perhaps I should have been more specific when I explained the various tones.” Something to defiantly add the next time she has a meeting like this.

A wide smile and a nod of her head, “That is the correct sequence. Learning the various Titles and their correct sequence is one of the more difficult aspects of etiquette and manners. The wrong order of Titles, and incorrect tone can be disastrous to a Kindred.” She pointed out.

“How comfortable are you with the customs and etiquette surrounding Invictus gift giving and receiving?” she asked.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

J
    Juan Cordoba

Appreciative of the feedback he was receiving on his efforts, the Daeva smiled as well. "I will make myself readily available when you next call for further instruction, Lady Sage. Whichever lesson you feel is most appropriate."

As the session transitioned unto gift-giving, the Toreador nodded, "I am aware of the First Estate's custom on gifting. Prior to my Embrace, my eventual Sire, when he deemed me fit, had me paint for other Kindred of Quality." A complacent look briefly overtook his features as he reminisced of the man who had brought into a much better life. "We give gifts to demonstrate support toward one another and to display all is well."

Juan tried to recall more of the policy but was unable to do so. "I'm a bit hazy as Hispanic customs share many of the Invictus traits. Obviously, it's the good thing to do. For example, in Hispanic culture, giving a gift to the host of an event is expected. It is a gesture of courtesy, nothing more."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

“What a lovely gift to offer another Kindred!” she exclaimed. Gifts that were handmade in some way always had the special personal touch.

“Giving a gift is a good thing to do, but it doesn’t come without its risks. You always run the risk of the gift being ill received or rejected. Which presents a whole list of other problems for one to face. The recipient of a gift has a small amount of power, for they can chose to reject the gift. The act of giving a gift is a remarkable statement. It could imply affection, support or even deference. The most important part of this practice, is that the gift being given has significance.” Now significance meant different things to different Kindred. “And yes, it is always good practice to bring a gift to the host of an event. Though it is worthy to note that simply attending an event indicates support for the host. Now, as I am sure you are aware, the gift that is chosen should be appropriate to the Kindred and send the correct message. One would not give a collector of art a poster copy of a work of art could show contempt for the recipient. It suggest you don’t think the collector can tell the difference. The same can be said with jewelry.” She added. “Gift giving is a delicate practice, and should be done with care. And while it may be a gesture of courtesy, it is a whole other thing to display the gift received.”
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

J
    Juan Cordoba

He nodded as the new lesson continued on. "I will be cautious of what I gift and to whom I gift. I will do my best to learn of another's tastes prior to gifting to ensure the best possible quality."

He chuckled, "I would not dare give another Kindred some gauche poster." The Toreador paused in thought, "I believe as uncouth members of the United States say," adopting a stereotypical redneck voice, "Them's fightin' words."

He returned to his distinguished voice, "The act of displaying a gift, from my life prior to the Embrace was something my Sire did very subtly teach me. Every so often he would receive some astonishing pieces of art. He kept it within a dedicated hall. It is appreciation and association with the other if I am not mistaken."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She laughed softly at his joke, “That is quite the accent!” she said, clearly delighted. “You must have been practicing.” She added with a wink.

“That sounds like it was a beautiful hall. I would like to someday decorate my Haven in various pieces of art as I come into them. I find it adds something special to a space.” She said thoughtfully.

“And you are correct, it is both appreciation and association. Your Sire taught you well.” She replied.

“Not that I foresee this as being an issue with you, but there is something to be said for always showing the proper respect for another Invictus in public. While you may not always agree with, or get along with every member, respect must be given.”

She leans back in her seat, “Now tell me Mister Garreta de Cordoba, do you have questions or concerns over what we have gone over? Anything you feel I should go over again? Or anything you feel like discussing?”

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador accepted the compliment with a smile, "Thank you."

The Au Pair's comment about said hall was a bit of insight. She appreciated art on a more sophisticated level. He noted the information to later follow up with her about it. Her time was precious and he had to stay on topic.

Juan raised both hands, "You shan't find me speaking ill of the Unconquered in public." He then lowered both hands, "I understand fully what happens in the First Estate, stays in the First Estate."

His eyes carefully watch Daniella recline in her seat. Juan shakes his head, "I do believe you have answered all of my questions, Lady Sage. I heartily thank you for setting aside time for such a wonderful education."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She didn’t foresee any issues with Juan, and was pleased at his words.

“I am glad to hear I have answered your questions.” She replied with a nod and a smile. “It was an honor Mister Garreta de Cordoba, and an enjoyable evening.”

Sensing the evening was drawing to a close, “Though I do hope we are able to sit down again at some point and discuss something besides Domain business. Perhaps art or whatever other topic we can come up with.”

J
    Juan Cordoba

Seeing the Au Pair express her interest in art excited him. "We surely must meet and discuss the finer sides of society."

He extended his hand to give his good bye, "Farewell Lady Sage. I look forward to seeing you once again."

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread