Ended
Watch

Ancient Ties (Chris and Juan)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Down in Elysium, the Toreador was growing accustomed to spending his evenings here. Tastefully dressed, as it was Court after all, he sat in the Common Area. One leg resting upon the knee of the other, reading a newspaper.

It was good to be positioned to meet other Kindred who might be stopping in.

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    (-1 Vitae in Requiem for Blush)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

- 1 Vitae for Blush of Life in Requiem Subforum

PRE

Juan was indeed in a good position to notice anyone coming to Court - except for the occasional obfuscated Seneschal, come on, that has to happen sometime. But tonight Chris Wooding would be there. Official Court is taking place soon, and he's afraid half the Domain has no idea who he is. So in his spare time, he decided to step by Nox. One can easily see that the Mekhet is in a good mood, for some reason. Since this is just a normal evening he's not overdressed, but he can still wear a better version of his casual look.

As soon as he has descended the stairs, he freezes, or rather, his Beast. Fear. Not something he wants to feel, especially when he's in such a good mood. But instead of running back up the stairs, he takes a slow step forward. 'Good evening, sir.' He smiles politely to the stranger. The man seems to be feeling at home here, reading the papers. So Chris continues in a casual manner, 'Any breaking news I've missed?'
    Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

J
    Juan Cordoba

A pair of brown eyes gravitated upward to the voice. Obviously a VIP. He had lost track of how many Kindred were running around the Domain with their Beasts concealed. "Good evening to you sir," he replied, folding the paper in half and setting it aside. Juan arose to greet the Masked One, "Good news, you ask? Teachers are now getting a retroactive pay raise."

Having encountered several Kindred in the Domain hailing from elsewhere in the world, the Daeva slowed down his rate of speech for the other to hear properly, "Mister Juan Carlos Madrazo y Garreta de Cordoba of the First Estate." The Toreador extended his hand. "Pleasure to meet you, good sir."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'That is indeed good new. Happy teachers make smarter students.' Chris smiles, everyone benefits when it comes to education. He now realizes he might have to visit his friends at the University as well. Another thing to add to things he has to do. Yay.

He accepts the hand for a firm handshake. 'Chris Wooding of Clan Mekhet, (former)* Hierophant of the Circle of the Crone. Nice meeting you, sir.' There must be at least a 50% chance that if you meet someone here, he is with the Invictus, or so Chris suspects.

'As I have only recently returned to the Domain, I figured there would be some new Kindred I will want to meet. It's seems that tonight, I'm lucky. How do you do?'

Presence •• (Easy Going) | Striking Looks •• (Boy Next Door) | Mask of Tranquility | CotC ••• | Domain ••• | Mekhet ••

J
    Juan Cordoba

A Mekhet, that explained the Mask. Shadows were...mysterious in that way. An Acolyte? His homeland was originally pagan until Christians conquered Europe, naturally with the help of the Lance. Still, the Crone's worshipers offered many...interesting conversations.

Juan's grip is firm as he shakes, "That is news to me, Mister Wooding," he replied cordially. Releasing his hand from Chris's, he continues on, "Allow me to give you a fond welcome back. I myself arrived last month." Time certainly flew by.

"Let's get to know one another." The Toreador waves a hand toward a seat, "I'm an artist, my focus is on painting. Though I certainly won't say no to trying out new styles." He paused allowing him to process or crafts. "How about yourself, sir?"

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Why, thank you. Last month? Then there's still enough to discover, good. You'll never find yourself bored around here.' A promise, a warning, a fact, give it a name. 'Have you settled in well? I'm sure the First Estate is very welcoming.' Chris doesn't sound intrusive, rather just like he's politely concerned for a fellow Kindred.

'Yes, of course.' He smiles, surprised that a member of the Invicuts would be so direct. But he's here to get to know others, so all is good.

'An artist, nice. In what style do you paint?' With vampires, you never know. Not every century old creature likes postmodernism as much as the other. 'I've always found creative people to be pleasant company. As a cinefile I enjoy the work of others. Right now I'm unemployed... however I used to be a researcher for the California State University. Now I hope to make more of my interest in film, something professionally.'

J
    Juan Cordoba

"I have settled mostly. The First Estate has been quite hospitable." Juan replies still quite friendly, "Naturally there's the whole boatload of work to be done to make a house into a home."

At Chris's mention of his work with cinema, Cordoba's smile widens, "I have yet to meet one whose taste is lay within the world of film. You are the first." He skirted around the issue of the man's unemployment. The job market in the entire country was tough. "Neoclassical is my favorite. However, I experiment with many different styles and tools." He placed his hand upon his chest signifying his sincerity, "I'm sure you know that feeling. That vital, unquenchable spark of inspiration. That drive that carries one into the hour just before First Light. That's my approach, I feel the urge to create and I act upon it."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'Yes, definitely. I also have to find a place again. Fortunately for me, Sacramento already feels like home.' But a good haven is always a big deal.

'Really? It's an honor. And if you ever need something researched, I'm your man.' He laughs, letting the Spanish kindred know he's not really so desperate. Besides, vampires don't need food, money is somewhat less a necessity for survival. 'Neoclassical art, interesting! I would love to see your work sometime. My favorite period is the Renaissance I think, although all art movements inspired by the classical antiquity have my interest.'

Because, to say 'Age of Enlightenment' might be clichι for an acolyte.

When Juan shows his passion, Chris can only agree. 'Oh I know what you mean, though I don't have the same creative output. But still, Creation is Power, or so they say...' Said with playful nonchalance, of course. Then he shrugs, 'I've thought about taking drawing lessons, but even I can only spend my time once.'

J
    Juan Cordoba

"Not only a Kindred but kindred spirit as well," Juan clapped his hands together excitedly. "Such serendipity."

The Toreador could not have been happier. "Thank you so much Mister Wooding, I know that there is a great deal of art still out there. Perhaps with your research methods I could obtain them. Naturally, I would ensure you were compensated for your time." A business proposition indeed.

"Allow me some time before I show you my collection. The time and cost of re-locating discretely for our kind, of course is much higher. One of my goals is to open a gallery of my own."

Mask of Tranquility
    SL •• (Handsome)
    Domain ••• (Reeve)
    Circle ••• (Hierophant)
    Mekhet •• (Recognized)
    Chris Wooding

Mask of Tranquility
    Mekhet
    Circle of the Crone

PRE

'So you're not only a painter, but also a collector then? I could definitely help. Although I'm more into academic research, rather than investigating the whereabouts of lost art, we could get far with our skills combined.' And the acolyte is certainly not only talking about mundane skills.

Chris smiles, his good mood just got better. There's actually a member of the Invictus he can have a normal conversation with?! 'Of course, don't worry, time is on our side. But a gallery, that sounds promising! Now you mention it, I'm actually surprised no one else in the Domain has opened one. Or at least not that I know of.'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread