Ended
Watch

Ack: Thomas Galleli

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps new arrivals and discreetly directs Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle to the Stars.

The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic lemon incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully looking over maps and various official looking folders from Californian State government.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

She emits no Beast and is alabaster pale.

Martha is wearing a black top hat and tail coat. White tie, white waistcoat vest...her hair dyed raven black and there's a hint of ruby red lipstick.

A generous sprinkle of lavender scent...minty toothpaste added to the neat presentation with a crisp white blouse...white gloves...the fishnet revealed the tone of her single muscular leg. A flesh leg well suited to that of a dancer or athlete...she's clearly undergone an amputation at some point: her left leg is a simple metal peg-Leg from high up her thigh.

For those initiated into the mysteries of the DC Universe Martha is dressed as Zatanna, Mistress of Magic!

She's sat, quietly reading from the many documents and studying associated maps which are laid out on a simple coffee table in front of her. The coffee table is laden with a carafe fresh homemade lemonade...
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

Thomas Galilei

Blood Potency: O O
    Presence: O O O (Dignified)
    O Status: Lancea Sanctum
    O Status: Domain
    O Status: Ventrue
    OO Distinctive Voice: Quiet Certainty

PRE

Thomas savors the ambiance: low-lighting, lemon-scent--someone had taken the trouble to arrange it so; he would take the time to enjoy it, smiling slightly, hands joined behind his back. His smile widens at a glimpse of Latin: Per Ardua Ad Astra.

He steps quietly, careful not to disturb the lovely girl immersed in her studies, moves closer for a better look. When he speaks, it's barely above a whisper, so he doesn't startle her: "Through Struggle to the Stars . . . apt isn't it? that the path to heavenly light lay through such cold blackness--like this, our Requiem. Sometimes I lose sight of the 'Stars' part, the 'Through' part too, and am left only with the 'Struggle.' It is then that I remember another saying: Ideals are like the stars--though we may never reach them, we chart our course by them . . ." For a moment, he stares beyond her, lost in thought.

"Thomas Galilei, a priest of little note in the Lancea Sanctum come to your fair domain. Do forgive my intrusion; I thought it best I introduce myself before I offend anyone--nothing could be farther from my intent. Might I say, I admire your work; you've done so well with the touch of beauty here--very thoughtful." He bows his head, smiles shyly.
    =====================
    Active Effects: Blush; Kamen: Tatemae (Perfect Calm)

Scenes

=====================

3. Likes Yumyumcrow, Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha looks up as he approaches. Her hand flies to her peg leg and steadies it, rubbing hard at her maimed thigh.

As her Beast is settled, tiny Martha tries a shy smile, nodding her thanks and freeing her hands long enough to gesture to invite Thomas to be seated.

"Thank you, Father Galliei! Thank you! You are very welcome to this Domain! My name is Miss Martha Villiers, I have the honor to serve His Grace, the Alder Asa Clarke, the Prince of this Domain, as his Seneschal and Mistress Keeper of this Elysian Field. Please, do be seated! I hope you won't be offended if I offer you some lemonade?" she asks with a sweet and modest smile, gesturing now to the carafe of freshly made beverage.

Her peg leg waggles slightly as she watches Thomas with wide, respectful, eyes.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

"I hope you don't mind,"--he moves past the seat she offered and kneels beside her to get a better look at her leg--"but I'm quite taken with these--it's a C-Leg isn't it, designed to reproduce natural gait pattern, offer comfort and stability without requiring too much thought or energy." He's beyond hiding his sincere interest, believing intimate knowledge the precursor to real relationship. "I became enamored with prosthetics as a young man paying visit to military hospitals; we--or they rather--saw many amputees. May I ask how you find yours works for you--balance, rub, etcetera?" As he stands to meet her gaze again, he hopes that she can see that his is not an attitude of pity for her weakness, but rather an admiration of her strength.

He declines the lemonade, as politely as he can, wanting to spare himself the retching later, but is grateful nonetheless. "I hope I didn't make you too uncomfortable. I suppose I've come to think of all beings who've lived long enough as amputees: whether from war or requiem, it seems that something's irrevocably lost which we must learn to live without. Those whose missing parts are less apparent sometimes have delusions about anything being wrong, hide their wounds until they become infected, rotten, fatal . . . I fear I've said too much."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha cannot hide her bewilderment. Watching as he kneels, perplexed as he speaks. She smiles though and nods often.

"I see!" she chirps meekly. Stunned by his interest. "I...er...you haven't said too much, Father. I...I confess I find it harder to manage than others might. For all it's technological advances it works poorly on me. Though it doesn't rub too much. Thaknfully!" she giggles bashfully, "Yet I find the gait uneven and requires a lot of work. But I can run on it, after a fashion...and for that, Father, I am grateful. The balance...well..." she offers a sweet smile. "I daresay you shall have the chance to see the leg in action for yourself later on."

"I...er...do not get many comments and questions as open as yours, Father!" she giggles, wide eyed.

Thomas fails to hold his laughter in. "Thank you for indulging me--I'm always curious to learn how others live. I've learned from my own experience that great souls have suffered much--it's a rite of passage, perhaps. For what it's worth, I never would have guessed you have any trouble with it, a little discomfort maybe, but you carry it very well." He takes the seat she offered earlier. "As for the openness, well, I'll confess I'm gravely afraid of never knowing the people right in front of me. I find it offends some, though I never intend it to, but I'm glad that I haven't offended you. I daresay you might not be sweet as sweet a person had whatever accident never befallen you."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha sat, blinking, smiling meekly and rubbing her leg where the prosthesis meets the stump. Listening as Father Galleli spoke.

"Well, it is hard to say how I might be without the... er... accident. Perhaps I would be improved as a dancer." she shuddered a little rubbed harder still at where her stump must be, adding a shy smile, hoping to bring a little gallows humor to her tone.

"I am grateful to you for your kind words and compliments, Father." she sounded sincere and more than a little bashful now.

"I wonder, is...is there anything else I might help you with, Father?" she asks with caution and timidity. "Doubtless you have many questions."

He was right about one thing, this was a sure-fire way to break the ice. She looked to her lemonade and back to Thomas with a shy smile.

Thomas Galilei

PRE

"I'll confess I know so little, I don't know what to ask. I'm afraid I'm one of those who learned more and more about less and less so that I now know everything about nothing. Forgive me, Father--just a joke." He crosses himself.

"Listen to me, a priest, making confession--I believe I may even be confused about my own role . . ." He clears his throat. "I suppose I should tell you I did come here with some intention: I'm squatting. Yes, I understand it's a serious offense, though I hadn't known I'd done so until someone told me, and I'm willing to make reparation. You see, I have a small haven I live in--I believe it falls within the criterium, but I also have a small Sanctuary I minster from which, by itself would be fine also, but together with my home . . ." Thomas stares at his shoes for a moment. "I don't think of it as mine, really; it belongs to the community--I even keep the front door unlocked. I'm new here, and I don't want to make a stir. I thought you might know how I could make this right?"
    =====================

Scenes

=====================

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha blinked and wondered to herself if this evening could get any more bizarre.

She doubted it could.

Yet watched with fascination as this gentleman, a holy man, sought spiritual and physical mercy from her.

Tiny Martha laid her hands on his and spoke in gentle, sincere, Latin, confident he would understand.

<<"I understand, Father. I shall hear your Confession. Yours is an unusual burden and mission. You can help make this right by tending to the spiritual needs of this Domain; serving the Prince with dignity and loyalty and coming to the aid of your fellow Kindred as they need you. I have high confidence that you, clearly a wise and spiritual man, can accomplish this with ease. I shall help you all I can achieve all this.">>

Martha fell silent a little longer now to think hard. She began again in Latin;

<<"That you have squatted is regrettable, but done without malice.">>

<<"I will always welcome questions from you regarding this Domain, Father, do not fear to approach and visit. You come in peace and are amongst the Elysian Fields. Perhaps, to show good faith and recompense, you may be able to host a Mass for the faithful at your sanctuary? Would that be possible, Father?">>

Tiny Martha spoke with gentle care and humility. Eager to reassure that this oversight isn't something to be ignored, but likewise not punishable by death; rather, something to turn into a positive.

She held Thomas' hands and allowed a still and calm silence to fall.

Thomas Galilei

PRE

Thomas feels humbled, but not ashamed--overjoyed, somehow, though such a reaction seems hardly sane. He wonders if he had ever understood the things he had always professed--love, charity--until that moment, when he, the priest, happily became the student. He doesn't think before he speaks; he doesn't have to. <<"I . . . see God in you--in your beauty, your grace and mercy; you're as much a priest as I. Thank you . . . for showing Him to me.">>

He'd come expecting punishment, and had instead received reward: a commission to do what he'd only wanted to do all along, to show the Kindred God by being like Him, just as Martha had done. <<"I promise to do all that you've asked as best I can . . . all that you've taught me here.">> He kisses her hand. He feels he's made his first real friend in Sacramento. Perhaps God did want him there. Per Ardua Ad Astra.
    =====================

Scenes

=====================

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread