Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(ACK) Tracy and Penny

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

PRE

Tracy shook her head at Martha's question, listening to the Haunt as she spoke of their encounter at greater length. Once Penelope had finished giving her account of what had taken place, the Gangrel shifter her attention back to the Seneschal. "I remember a couple of black SUVs following us down the highway," she said in regards to the hunters' vehicles. "I didn't get a very good look at them, so I cannot tell you about their license plates or anything of the sort." She seemed a little frustrated by this, but there was no point in getting all worked up over something she had no way of fixing.

Noticing the Haunt's demeanor, Tracy turned to her and offered her a soft smile. "Nah, its all good," she said to her friend. "Shit happens. I'm just glad I happened to run into you when I did." Having said those words, she turned to Martha with an apologetic look in her eyes. "Umm, excuse my language Seneschal Villiers!" Old habits die hard, and the Gangrel had been away from "civilized" Kindred for far too long it seemed. "My only hope is that we lost the hunters," she said after a moment's pause. "I'd hate to bring any trouble with us to Sacramento."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha watched Penny's legs. But she was clearly listened to what was being said. This was all very distressing and Martha fell silent as Tracy tries to comfort Penny and makes a small hand gesture to pacify Tracy's worry over her colorful adjectives.

"I wonder if, at some moment in the confusion of the chase and skirmish with them, they managed to place a tracking device on your motor-bicycle? It would help explain their pursuit." she asks once Tracy begins to try to comfort Penny.

"Maybe we should check...?" she looks, wide eyed, to Tracy and Penny. Hoping to encourage positive steps and action.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

3. Likes Jag liked this post
    L
    LittleFox

Penelope frowns deeply for a few more seconds before looking up to Tracy wearily. "If you say so... I hope I end up being worth the effort." She sits back and sighs, running a hand through her messy hair, only to notice Martha staring at her legs again. She furrows her eyebrows, shifting them a little out of instinct. Then she stares at Tracy in shock and horror at Martha's suggestion.

"You don't think..?" She whispers, looking horrified.

PRE

If it would have been possible for Tracy to get paler than she was, she would have at that moment. Martha's suggestion definitely send a shiver down her spine. That would explain how they've managed to stay on our trail for so long, she thought to herself, but was embarrassed to even entertain the possibility out loud. "Umm, I had not considered that," she finally admitted to the Seneschal, a defeated look finding its way to her eyes. "If they did, then they may be on their way..." she let her words trail off, realizing how terrible the whole situation was turning out to be.

"Its possible I may have lead them here," she added after a moment of silence, visibly angry at herself. "I'm sorry." Her tiny little fists clenched at her sides, and it was clear that she was upset by the notion of the hunters having placed a tracking device on her bike. "You are absolutely right Seneschal Villiers, we should go now and check," she said, standing up from the sofa at once, determined to learn whether Martha's suggestion was in fact true.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Energized by this, Martha nods and struggles to her feet. Gathering her cane she smiles to reassure Tracy and Penny.

"Is your transport located close by?" she smiles as she begins to limp towards The Stairs.

"I wonder if, rather than leading them here...if there is a device of such nature, we might yet lead them into a trap to neutralize them?" she ponders.

"Do either of you have an expendable mobile telephonic device?" she asks thoughtfully.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

L
    LittleFox

Penelope visibly flinches at the concept of the Hunters being anywhere nearby, jumping to her feet to follow Tracy outside. She quickly dons her hood once more, tucking her hair underneath its protective covering, so as to hide as much of her as possible from any prying eyes as they head out into the watchful night. She feels much more secure once she knows that no one can see her expressions and her body language reflects that as she trots out of the office and toward the stairs leading outside with a more confident gait.

Action. Yes. Doing things to accomplish goals, instead of sitting around wondering! I know how to do that! Lets do the thing that I know how to do! Which also lets me not talk to people, or be looked at by them! This is good!

The Albino smiled broadly, content to know that no one else saw her do so in the slightest. She was pleased.

PRE

Tracy nodded at the Seneschal's question. "Its parked across the street," she said to her, heading towards the door at once. She stopped before heading out, waiting for Martha to catch up with them, and also to consider what the petite Mekhet had suggested. "Umm, I don't know much about electronics...but it sounds like a viable option," she offered, a quick smirk forming on the corner of her lips at the thought. Lure the fuckers into a trap and take care of them once and for all, she thought to herself, pleased with that idea.

"Sure," said the redheaded Gangrel in reply to Martha, pulling out a cheap cell phone. "I've been using burners since I left Sacramento." After all, it wasn't like she had stuck around in any given place for too long, and having an actual contract with Verizon required you to be alive and what not. "Here you go," she added, handing the phone off to the Seneschal as they made their way out of her office.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha was glad of the activity too. Nothing worse in a crisis than inaction. She looked at the 'burn' phone and nodded her thanks. Keeping the phone handy.

"Splendid!" Martha followed Tracy and Penny to the bike and watched and fell silent...keeping her eyes on the rooftops and shadows...lest they be wandering into a free fire zone.

"Look for something that might appear to be a button of nut to a bolt to the mechanism...something that isn't usually there...somewhere easily accessible in an emergency planting operation..." she advised in hushed tones.

PRE

Tracy nodded at the Seneschal's words as they reached her bike, squatting down to check it carefully. "Right," she said, looking closely at her ride. She used her hands to feel around the motorcycle, in case she felt something strange and out of place that her eyes may have missed. The Gangrel spent a few minutes doing this, being as meticulous as possible in the process. Once she was convinced that there were no foreign objects attached to her bike, she got back up on her feet.

"Looks to be clear," she offered, a smile of relief forming across her lips as she addressed Martha and Penelope.

That was a close call...

L
    LittleFox

Penelope nominated herself to be on guard duty as they walked out into the open night, scanning the street and rooftops, as well as the fronts of the buildings around them for any suspicious activity. She was not exactly thrilled with the concept of being caught off guard again, and so she was alert and mindful.

She stayed close to Tracy, watching her back while she knelt down to check her motorcycle, facing out into the street and making sure she was in a position to block an incoming attack. Tracy had saved her, and so she was not about to let some asshole ruin that while she was around to prevent it.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread