Ended
Watch

About that Themed Court...

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan was curious about the next Court. The notion of a themed event of superheroes and supervillains was not altogether unheard of for him. He had a few ideas he wanted to by the Seneschal.

Dressed in a more patterned attire, the Toreador knocked lightly on the tiny Kindred's office door.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Upon hearing the knock Martha invites Juan in with a cheery;"Enter!"

Martha, barefooted and dressed in a red and white polka dot frock, is seated at a sofa and has some very official looking State documents in her hands.

She lays the paperwork down immediately, smiling.

Her official Chamber space is large...packed with books and maps and all manner of paperwork.

There is cleanliness and order. But there is the usual mass of information all about.

On one wall there are three modern, if large, stark and dramatic framed photo prints of ballerinas in tutus holding a ballet poses against a dark background. Another print hangs on another wall: a large framed copy of John Waterhouse's 'Lady of Shalot.'

Between these are three large maps of Sacramento are pinned to walls. They seem to detail various aspects of the Kindred domain annotated superimposed over that of the mortal map.

Erected to conceal a quarter of her Chamber from view is a tall Chinese screen. A fire extinguisher is obvious as is an office desk. Her main desk is piled high with neatly stacked notes, college textbooks and dozens of school style notebooks. All look well used. Five bookcases are against the walls. Each is brimming and over-filled with pre-owned books. They look, at first glance, to be entirely textbooks and non-fiction. There's a cheap looking laptop and printer on the desk too.

There are also few comfortable chairs and a couch. A coat rack and a seat are opposite her busy looking desk. The place, though busy with clutter, is clean and also has the aroma of fresh lemons.

Martha, smiling and chirpy is dressed in a red and white polka dot frock borrowed from Sinead...she's not got the lollipop though...

Her C-Leg is obvious in such as short dress. Daringly short enough to show where her C-Leg meets her thigh stump...her remaining toned flesh leg and arms are exposed too. Martha may, to judge by her neatly toned petite frame, have been sporty in her Mortal days...

Paler than usual, thanks to her shunning of the need for the Blush of Life in this Chamber, Martha beams her immediate and seemingly honest smile and enthusiasm at seeing Juan. Rising from the sofa where she was working, she hobbles over to greet Juan her C-Leg drags as if made of iron.

<<"Good evening, Senor! A delight to see you! I do hope you are well!">>

She chatters away in Spanish. Her tone remains chirpy and she makes a small hand gesture, gracefully inviting Juan to be seated...

Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Daeva assesses the chamber belonging to the Seneschal. His attention is first drawn to the Lady of Shalott. The poem came to mind readily.

"And by the moon the reaper weary,
    Piling sheaves in uplands airy,
    Listening, whispers,
    "'Tis the fairy
    Lady of Shalott."

She knows not what the curse may be,
    And so she weaveth steadily,
    And little other care hath she,
    The Lady of Shalott.

All in the blue unclouded weather
    Thick-jewell'd shone the saddle-leather,
    The helmet and the helmet-feather
    Burn'd like one burning flame together,
    As he rode down to Camelot.

Out flew the web and floated wide-
    The mirror crack'd from side to side;
    "The curse is come upon me," cried
    The Lady of Shalott.

"Who is this? And what is here?"
    And in the lighted palace near
    Died the sound of royal cheer;
    And they crossed themselves for fear,
    All the Knights at Camelot;

But Lancelot mused a little space
    He said, "She has a lovely face;
    God in his mercy lend her grace,
    The Lady of Shalott."

The Toreador looking pleasantly relieved at reciting the poem flashed a smile to the polka-dot dressed Kindred. He had seen...distinctive attire before. Some simply held onto their past more firmly than others.

The Seneschal's office was a veritable library. Something to keep in mind if he needed more information for just about anything. The textbooks and non-fiction would more than make up for what he never learned in school.

A fire extinguisher? A worthwhile investment for anyone - Kine or Kindred. Ought to buy one myself, noting the item for future purchase.

The scent of lemon - no surprise there as they had discussed it at length. They concluded the matter to contemplate a project orchard for larger use. All in due time, he reminded himself.

de Cordoba still maintained his reservations of Martha's apparent unwavering good nature. Vampires were immortal predators. The Beast lurking within the dead hearts of every Kindred was waiting. They concealed, buried it, masked it, cloaked it in shadow. Yet it was still there. It was always there. Until the end of one's Requiem, the Beast would never be shed.

Again, Juan Carlos paid no heed to the Seneschal's maimed limb. Staring at injuries was rude at best and invited assault at worst. His eyes fixated upon her face - as innocent as it appeared, he knew better. The eyes were the window to the soul after all.

A jovial and accentuated "Hola" reverberated in the room. << "Good evening Seneschal Villiars. I do hope I am not intruding upon your work." >>

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-01 02:22:16 Juan rolls 6 to quote Lady of Shalott (Wits + Expression) (10 Again) 8, 7, 10, 7, 10, 5, 9, 4 4 successes

Martha Villiers

PRE

As Juan recited the poem Martha clapped her hands in glee and smiled. Nodding.

<<"Splendid, Senor! Simply splendid! A beautiful recitation!">>

She giggled and smiled, taking in Juan's dapper appearance and demeanor. Her eyes gently, innocently, held his for a while too.

<<"Intruding? Not at all!">> she giggled merrily and hopped and skipped about with a delighted action. Waving her hands at the papers and maps she were studying as if they can wait a while yet for her attentions.

<<"May I offer you some lemonade, Senor?">> she asks happily. Skipping over to her main desk and gesturing to a carafe of freshly made lemonade.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

J
    Juan Cordoba

The artist watched the Kindred's movements. This one held strong to her youthful days. That was one of the strange aspects to the Embrace. Not only did it lock the body into an unaging physical stasis, it permanently sealed personality as well. Juan regarded himself as fortunate for the timing of his Embrace.

<< "Most excellent, Seneschal." >> He replied in gratitude he had not interrupted any important tasks. << "I shall partake of your lemonade" >> Apparently it was her distinct quality. He strode over to the seat near her and the lemonade. << "I hope you are in good spirits this August evening." >>

Martha Villiers

PRE

<<"I am, thank you kindly for asking, Senor...I do hope you are too!">> she chirps as she pours Juan some of the lemonade.

Having poured the drink Martha gently hands him the glass and smiles a happy smile.

<<"I hadn't thought to be seeing you so soon after our most recent encounter!">> she adds with obvious and delighted surprise. <<"It is a delight, though! A happy surprise! How are you settling in to the Domain, Senor? Is there anything amiss I may help to correct...?">> she asks, her words a tumble of excitement. She fusses with the unfamiliar shortness of the hem of her frock as she speaks. Wide blue eyes watching Juan for any sign of stress or anxiety that may have brought him back to her Chamber so soon.

J
    Juan Cordoba

<< "Thank you Seneschal," >> he replied holding the glass with two hands.

de Cordoba's face is as calm and serene as the underground of Nox. Being the gentleman that he was, the Toreador averts his sights as Martha adjusts her attire.

When the moment passes, he waves a hand to dismiss Villiers concerns, << "No problems have arisen, Seneschal." >> He reclined in the chair, << "So far all is well. I completed my first work of art last night. I plan to paint more portraits as time goes on." >>

Martha Villiers

PRE

Her eyes widen and her mouth squeaks delight. <<"A...painting? A portrait...?">> she gasps, clearly impressed. "This is splendid news! Golly!" she slips into English, "Might I be permitted to see this work of Art, please, Sir?" she blinks, her enthusiasm obvious. Her hands fuss and flutter and eventually come to partial, fluttering, rest on her flesh knee.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Her excitement seemed genuine. He would partake in the moment. His words made their conversion to English, "Of course you may." His dark brown eyes seizing upon her blues. "I would not dare think to paint and not share with others."

If the Seneschal so approved of his work, perhaps others would seek out his services too.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha clapped her hands in glee, <<"I do so enjoy the Arts! How...how may I see it, Senor!">> she gasps, reverting to Spanish which is filled with excitement. Her gaze locked on his.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread