Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) Summer 2014

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He nodded at Bishop, giving him the super serious look of a young student soaking up wisdom. Totally. Sincere.

Total. Sincerity. E-Success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-19 18:59:51 Star rolls 8 to Manipulation + Subterfuge (10 Again) 6, 4, 9, 8, 5, 10, 2, 3, 10, 10, 5 5 successes

He was not sincere. At all.

Seriously, Santa? They handled business. That's how Zoey and he do. He was pretty sure that's how the Threats would do, too. And nobody was going to hold their breath waiting for Santa to swoop in on his sleigh to save anyone if the Dox hit the Veil. Well, okay, maybe. Because Guardian. But it was just a metaphor. Poop. Air circulators. You know.

Not that it wasn't appreciated. Because info. But layers, yo. Nobody needs layers, unless the topic was pastries or lasagna.

His head bobbed as Zoey and then Ariadne spoke.

Okay, sure, let's go with that.

He flashed Nous a nod, and started rummaging in his backpack for the picture.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

"Fair enough, point taken." Bishop conceded. He milled the idea around in his head and came to the conclusion, that it was worth a shot.
    <Guess, I'll keep hunting the drug for now, then. Let's just pray, that there is not too much overlap and that cabal is suddenly in the wrong place at the wrong time.>
    He would still penetrate the campus network though, it would not hurt to do so. He needed experience on how to effectively piggyback a large security system.
    <Maybe invest into a large electronic hub? Multiple monitors and all that. Only problem: Where do I put this? Sanctum? Here? New location?>
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

J

She pockets the picture when Star finds it. She's going to need that for later.

"Completely in agreement with you doing your own surveillance for your dividing and conquering. But we should endeavor to at least share as much intel as we can amongst each other so we can adapt quicker to changing tactics, methods, and goals over the course of the entire offensive. Let's not take OPSEC too far."

She thinks it's a reasonable request. It doesn't infringe upon their independence in action, but it provides a somewhat safer environment for the rest of the at least the few Guardians in town to work within. She's not particularly certain where to go from here anyway. She just knows that actions will be taken within line with what she's supposed to do. It's just not particularly clear to her yet what those are. One step at a time.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"A room here would work Bishop. If you are willing to risk it. That or we can talk with Ixidor?" Ariadne answers to her fellow Smoke with a shrug. "Where ever would be safest for it and that wouldn't get linked back to us."

"That's all I have for the moment."

Bishop

Bishop looked up sharply. Terror crossed his face for a split second.
    "Did...did I say that out loud?" he asked, completely taken off guard and nonplussed. A metric ton of self-doubt overcame him. Was he really that senile, that he started mumbling his thoughts out into the blue, like one of those old geezers that nobody wanted to sit next to on a bus, even if you had two broken legs and it was the last seat?
    It took him a moment, before another possibility dawned on him.

The Epopt was probably in his head.

And had just wanted to make fun of Star for a little bit with the talk about mind-conversing. "Well...I am thinking. You know...uhm...putting it here it would be too much exposed, since there is really not that much security installed...yet. I am working on it, but it will take some time. Installing it with the Unbounds sounds prudent, but I am not overly fond of placing an asset intended for the Guardians at the possible disposal of a Cabal. And not allowing the Smoke into it, when it resides in their own halls is very poor PR. Especially, since our strongest suit is supposed to be information."
    He had taken those sentences to compose himself and was desperately trying to keep his thoughts...well...out of his head.

6. Likes Djinn, West liked this post

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"I'm not being unreasonable," she stated, looking to Nous at her comment, "and I never said no information would be shared whatsoever. What I am saying is that if the primary information gathering is being done from those who aren't going to be participating in the initial on-foot endeavour, something crucial could be forgotten to be passed on. Sometimes it's about the little things, and I'd much rather be certain that the primary information is with the party who will need it most imminently.

"Any further information will be in some way or another recorded and made accessible, but at the moment Veiled Threats works as a functional unit and I'd prefer to keep it working that way. I believe in a system. This is ours."

Whatever Bishop and Ariadne had started on was a bit beyond her, so she kept her gaze on Nous for a moment more, before glancing to Star briefly.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He still had his Sincere Face on when Zoey looked.

Moments like this? Something like tells at a card table would be handy. It's all good. True Fact: the secret to Important Meeting was the Tao of Charlie Brown.

wah wah wah all yours wah wah wah wah their show wah wah wah

See? Easy. Epopt had spoken, yo. Long ago. All you need after that? Smile and nod.

"So, uh, is this, like, what is this place? A safe house?"

Because Stop. Topic Change Time.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

J

If Zoey couldn't take an attempt to be political and smooth out both sides of the coin for what it was, there was no point in arguing with the woman. Lone wolf who's just found a pack is still a lone wolf. She could tell well enough that Star understands when he changes the subject. Fortunately or not, she has no answers for him. It's a hostel as far as she can tell, and past that, it's where they are holding a meeting.

Instead, she just returns Zoey's stare. Because disappointed. Every time they did anything she took it too far. It's not about playing with each others' toys, and when people's lives are on the line, being all territorial gets people killed. She doesn't want back up, that's fine. Keeping everyone else in the dark so that work is duplicated on down the line is just dumb to fight about.

Maybe she does have something to say on the new topic, because otherwise she's just going to stew. "Seems like it."
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Bishop

Somehow glad, that the topic moved towards a more...civil? subject, Bishop turned towards Star.
    "For the time being, this is a Hostel. House, yes. Safe house...not so much." Bishop explained, taking a more elaborate conversational route then necessary. Mostly, to settle his nerves. "You run into trouble and need to lie low, there is a room under constant reservation on the name of Alexander Pope. Tell the receptionists, and you'll receive a key. be advised though, that using that name will prompt the receptionist to call me straight away, no matter the time."
    Expanding his arms, metaphorically enclosing the whole building.
    "I have plans, to make this a safer house, but there is no real security here yet. Feel free to bring any of your needs to my attention. So far as the problem can be solved by throwing money at it, I may accommodate at the moment. I am not entirely sure, how much infrastructure at the Circle of Creation is usable..." he threw an inquisitive look at the Epopt, "...and if we want to transfer any of it here, but once I get some of my more personal things up to speed, I was thinking of a small armory as well as logistical deposit. But so far, that is just a lot of hot air and fantasy, I am afraid."

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne nods as Bishop describes the Hostel as a not-so-safe house. "Work does need to be done. I failed to explain earlier, sorry. I bought this place through the Veil from the Libertines a while back. One of them then later tried to guilt me into selling it back to them but that one has since gone elsewhere."

"Leo has asked for and been returned the old bunks that we had. I will have to ensure that there are always open rooms here should anyone want to stay. Leo did assure me however that we still have access to the rest of the Circle as before. So the training areas and what not. He mostly just wanted more bunks due to the influx of Arrows."

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread