Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) Summer 2014

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

"Striker? That's one of the new Arrows right? What happened in the park?" Arrow and a Guardian in a park and something happening? That's either a story needs to be shared or one that has too. Preferably no one got hurt...or saw anything unseelie.

After a moment and a tilt of her head Ariadne nods to Bishop. Less of that crap on the streets, good. Then her attention shifts Zoey and Nous. "Any chance of it falling back onto the Consilium?"

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"An Arrow. Went about tossing magic he shouldn't have," was all Zoey responded to the inquiry on Nous' behalf, before she looked to Ariadne as well.

"A variety of things have been going on. As has been mentioned, the breach of the veil," she wrinkled her nose at that, "the state of the consilium's turmoil has had me spending more time than I'd like trying to watch everyone at once, especially given the situations both with Striker, and with Leo Lockhart." She was still more than a little bit displeased about that situation. That was a terrible, terrible standard for someone like a Sentinel to be setting, of all things. "It makes me particularly concerned about what, precisely, the Arrow themselves are up to. I'm hoping it's just a pair of rampant fools, given that there are other Arrow I'm familiar enough with who appear to have their heads on straight, still.

"Of course,"
    blue eyes turned on Bishop, and she offered just the slightest of smiles, "I've also been playing around with another project. Turing is a fascinating individual in the world of computer sciences, don't you think?

"But for now, the remainder of my pursuits I would prefer not to discuss,"
    she shook her head a little bit, "not until they have enough foundation beneath them to be worth mentioning."

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop barely kept a straight face, but in his head he was making a grimace and rolling his eyes.
    <We have a thing going on and there was a thing with Striker and the Arrows. Could we be a little less specific? Stuff is happening in America, how about that?>
    Explanations followed, so Bishop kept his mouth shut. The reports about the Arrows worried him all the more.
    <So the incident at the Field Day was not an exception. That is not good.>

He gave an appreciative nod in Zoeys direction. "It seems you are making good progress." He turned his focus on the others. "I have also managed to generate a steady stream of income for our order. You need anything, from a vehicle to a computer or a cell phone, you can talk to me and I will supply, as long as there is good reason."
    He shifted in his chair.
    "I think the arrows are still trying to reform. New First Talon, new recruits...still an unstable mix. Which is unfortunate, since our Banisher friends are quite bold these days and would require a good bloody nose."
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

4. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Yeah. Striker. Park. That thing. He'd talked about it, to anyone who'd listen.

Whatever, yo. No. Big. Deal. Arrows gonna do. And he'd handled it.

"Cool, man."

Santa got a nod. Keep a straight face, yo. Because Santa's offering presents. Do. Not. Laugh.

"Oh. Uh. Yeah. Since, ummm, I guess we're talking about Arrows? Leo tried to railroad a top dog for Councilor, you know, before the Consilium. In case the Councilor started coming from Paths. Anyway. Yeah. He waited until half the An-- Obrimos left, at this thing at Byzantine, then made a play for himself or Ixidor to be The Guy."

A hand ruffled the back of his hair.

"Anyway. Super sketch. But I don't know if that's an Arrow thing or a Leo thing. I think it's a Leo thing, because Weavebreaker's an Arrow, right? And even his own cabal-mate. But, yeah. She objected to not everyone being there, but he just went on with it and ignored her."

Unless anyone here was Leo's friend? Guess he'd find out. Whatever, yo.

"So, yeah, maybe that's just how Leo rolls."

Leo Lockheart: Not. To. Be. Trusted.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

6. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    J

"He might be forgetting that Sentinels cannot also be Councilors. He should have stood down his position immediately if he is looking to move into another role. No respect for order and procedure. And he's their First Talon? Did he get it by default because there weren't any other Arrows in the city for a week?"

There is an increasingly heavy look of disappointment on her face. First this Striker guy, now Leo, who is not worthy of a last name, being a total turd trying to bring the city right back into the crapper as they're clawing their way out of it. Guess you can't expect to climb out of a pile of shit without getting dirty.

"The potential breach is taken care of though. It's over and done until we pick up a lead for the breaker. Who knows when that will be or if he's come and already gone."

She considers the Vs in the park and how apparently this Striker fellow is an idiot. Because he's an idiot. Girls don't like veil breaches, they like flowers, dinner, some actual conversation without their conversation partner staring at their biological imperative. Men should all be required to watch movies like Sleepless in Seattle and You've Got Mail and a stack of other romantic comedies so that they can be properly trained in how to treat women.

"I don't think there's anything a council could do at this point. It occurred before the change of leadership and with the previous leadership not having a council, there's no one to rule or consider it. It might set a bad precedent. Then again, that might be a precedent that needs setting."
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne frowns as her fellow Guardians share their thoughts on the Arrows, and Leo. She sighs before speaking.

"I wasn't aware of the problems with the Arrows. They are rebuilding presently, their numbers have grown and shrunk in the past but never to where they were at recently. I would guess that Leo leads them in lieu of Animus."

"Thank you for keeping an eye on them Zoey. If it is a systemic problem with the current Arrow group then we may have to keep a closer eye on them." She shakes her head.

"I hope that Leo trying to force through himself or Ixidor as an Obrimos Councilor is only to ensure someone with knowledge of Sacramento becomes the Councilor. Even then that's not the best way to handle things at the moment."

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

"Well, councilor positions are politics. And Ixidor is Ladder, so it is not that much of a surprise. I can't say anything about Leo. I have met the man twice and yelled at him on one occasion for tearing reality apart. If this Striker has done the same at a public meeting - well, then apparently Leo does lead by example." Bishop said levelly.
    "But I do not wish for the precedent of a leaderless consilium to be set, no matter how educating such an incident could be. Mostly, because such happenings tend to screw with resident structures. And I am a resident structure and I have a feeling the screwing that is going to happen won't be of the kind I appreciate." he continued dryly and without any indication of emotion.
    "I am curious, though. Suppose we make progress with recon on the Banishers in the campus. Do we call the Arrows to step on any targets we supply, or would we simply point and unleash them? Because I have the feeling, that right now we only have hooligans and not a force to be reckoned with. Granted, I have no assessment of Mr. Lockhearts skills in his chosen profession, but are there dependable arrows, that we might call upon and that understand the need for subtlety?"
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

10. Likes Teeramus liked this post

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"No need to thank me for that," Zoey shook her head at Ariadne, but offered a small smile. "I've got a vested interest in seeing a health environment function in this city. Arrows, or otherwise." She sighed a little to herself as she glanced at her watch briefly, before looking up again.

"I don't necessarily think it's fair to assume that hooligans can't be a force to be reckoned with, but they need to organize themselves and their order in quick order if we're going to be making any forward movements on the Campus."

J

"Well, we could run interference to make their job easier. Run an operation to separate and lure them out into the open to make it an easier job to mop up. That way even if they are a bunch of unorganized hooligans we suffer fewer casualties. I don't care how unruly they are, I'd rather still have them alive and on our side when it comes to the outside threats. Internal threats, that's a different story. That's just annoying and I'd rather let the Council deal with it. That's what it'll be there for."

It's not that she's not concerned about the Obrimos fighting over the seat, it's just that it's none of her damn business. Let them decide how they want to select it. They can always call a second 'election' with quorum if people feel hard done by. And if they don't feel that way, they're rookie mages who need to be told what to do anyway. Just hopefully by Ixidor and not Leo.

"The topic has already been approached within the small group of Enchanters in the city and I must say we're doing it much more civilly. I wouldn't have expected it to be reasoned out for us and the infighting to be within the Obrimoi."

She makes sure to leave all the disappointment in her voice.

"I don't suppose you could just call another meeting of the minds and get it figured out all above board? I'd hate to see the council go down already because of Leo's inability to function within an organizational structure that we've had in our societies since before history begins really remembering."
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Sure," he answered Nous.

It wasn't like it was a problem. Just reporting the news. No bigs, yo. If there was someone sketchy the others knew about? He'd want to know. Just. In. Case. The Arrows at large didn't particularly concern him. He knew which ones he would call. Or, yell down the hall at. Because Moxie. Seriously, wow, thank goodness for Moxie.

Asp and Avis not being in an Arrow cabal already? Made more and more sense.

As for all the rest, he was pretty content to let the other three hash it out. He'd gotten pretty used to being an observer at meetings. Because Smiley's People.

"Oh. And I have a picture. For that thing? Nous saw it too, but, you now, it's probably a solid connection. If anyone wants to work that."

He could, and would, finish it. But he was pretty sure the Threats were ready to step up their game.

Because a Herald, two awesome Arrows, and Toby Esterhase.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Page 3 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread