Ended
Watch

Ack: Juan Carlos v1.2

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps new arrivals and discreetly directs Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle to the Stars.

The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic rose incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully looking over maps and various official looking folders from Californian State government.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

She emits no Beast. Martha is wearing a black top hat and tail coat. White tie, white waistcoat vest...her hair dyed raven black and there's a hint of ruby red lipstick.

A generous sprinkle of lavender scent...minty toothpaste added to the neat presentation with a crisp white blouse...white gloves...the fishnet revealed the tone of her single muscular leg. A flesh leg well suited to that of a dancer or athlete...she's clearly undergone an amputation at some point: her left leg is a simple metal peg-Leg from high up her thigh.

To those initiated into the mysteries of the DC Universe Martha is dressed as Zatanna, Mistress of Magic!

She's sat, quietly reading State documents and studying associated which are laid out on a simple coffee table in front of her. The coffee table is laden with a carafe fresh home-made lemonade...cluttered with written notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals...

ErlangShen
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan never failed to dress tastefully. Step. Step. Step. The Toreador admired the satellite image. It was impressive what an individual could see if he lived long enough.

de Cordoba entered the Common Area of Court. The right side of his lips slightly raised up as he eyed the little vampira with a Masked Beast. He knew who the Seneschal was from prior a encounter.

He had been in the U.S. long enough to know of famous comic book characters - or were they graphic novels now? Juan could not recall which term was appropriate. Nor was it worth the effort to him.

"Good evening Seneschal." Playfully referencing her attire, "You are looking rather magical tonight."

Martha Villiers

PRE

As the dapper and powerful Kindred approached Martha looked up, smiled and her hands immediately dashed to rub at the bucket of her peg leg. Her metal peg leg waggled as she tried to steady her Beast. Her bashful smile beamed to Juan at his kind words.

She'd be blushing if she'd being Mortal.

"Goodness, sir! Thank you!" she blinked. Her leg settled and she made a small hand gesture inviting Juan to be seated.

Martha chirped;
    "Might I add that you too look very dashing and dapper!"

"Do please be seated, sir! May I offer you some lemonade?" she stammered, watching Juan's eyes and hands with care.
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

J
    Juan Cordoba

He had seen the Seneschal's movements and her own observation of him. His eyes needn't wander. The prosthetic, at last encounter, was not quite working up to par. The jittering of metal was enough of an indicator. Not much of a change.

Upon the return compliment from Martha, a reflexive smile reflected outward. He slipped his thumbs under the lapels gripping lightly in a show of appreciation and accentuating his high-society fashion sense. "Gracias Seneschal Villiers."

Taking a moment to smooth out any wrinkles, he sat upon the chair, reclining comfortably and placing one ankle upon his knee. "Limonada?" he asked in his native tongue. It gave him a moment to determine his response. Obviously, both parties knew the repercussions of consuming anything other than fresh blood. Still, it would be well within reason that he do accept the offer. A Court official ought not be snubbed, knowingly or not.

"Si, Seneschal, si," Juan answered with a nod of his head. "Do you have an orchard of your own?"

Martha Villiers

PRE

Smiling, delighted he accepted the offer, Martha shakes her head in theatrical dismay and replies in fairly fluent Spanish, a language she'll continue to use for the present; <<Ah, sadly, no Senor, I do not own a lemon grove...though...you have planted the seeds of the notion!>> she giggled and took care to pour a glass of lemonade and hand it to Juan with great gentility.

<<It is good to see you again, Senor...I do hope you have been safe and well!>>

Her smile is bright and seemingly sincere, her peg leg continues to wobble.

J
    Juan Cordoba

A Briton that knew Spanish? His eyebrows raised momentarily as this new information was presented. This was a surprise.

He bent forward accepting the glass with both hands. << "You are the first in the Domain who I have met that can speak in another tongue." >> He grinned taking a sip. His esophagus writhed in displeasure. << "Please do keep me informed if you decide to plant an orchard. I would love to see it bear fruit one night." >>

The Toreador sips another ounce, assessing the tartness in relation to sweetness. << "So far, I am led to believe I have not become a victim of any predicaments just yet." >>

While the creaking metal was mildly distracting, the Daeva maintains a level gaze with the Masked vampira. The knowledge of her status took the forefront. Wise Kindred attain a high position and hold firm grasp of that station by any means.

<< "I must give my compliments to your recipe." >>

-1 vitae for lemonade

Martha Villiers

PRE

<<"Thank you, Senor! You know...we should plant an orchard!">> she exclaims, clapping her hands together in sudden delight at the idea. Bright eyed, she nodded enthusiastically to Juan. <<"We should make this happen! The climate here surely must be more than suitable for the healthy growth and propagation of lemons!">>

<<"Thank you, too, Senor, for your compliment of the recipe!">> she giggles with equal delight.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Another offer already? Making a name for himself was, on the surface, easier than he had anticipated. << "That sounds delightful.">> Juan replied cordially. << "While I am still new within the Domain, I'm quite certain I can locate a suitable spot for our orchard." >> It was mutually their idea.

<< "Seeds ought not be too difficult to come across. Sun light and irrigation...that would be a different challenge altogether." >> A light shrug followed. << "I would say hired help to handle the day shift." >>

He paused thinking further on the topic, << "Unless this becomes an entirely in door project. It would take a bit more time to accomplish. From what I understand, the Kine can grow almost anything inside of a glass box." >>

Martha Villiers

PRE

Listening to Juan, Martha nodded often. Her peg leg waggled and she smiled a lot. <<"Indeed! Indeed, Senor! Their talents for cultivating crops in the most unlikely places is remarkable! I should think we could value from growing the crops outside...afterall, it is as Nature intended! One key element, I suspect, would be irrigation!">> she offered the last more as a query, looking to Juan with a happy expectation he'd know the answer.

J
    Juan Cordoba

<< "If we are to rely on local climate, then as the farmers say, "pray for just enough rain." >> He tossed a hand in the air, waggling his fingers expressing the weather.

In the Toreador's experience, it was just a matter of throwing enough money at the problem until someone qualified enough took the bait. << "I have seen videos of the machine operated irrigation . How large of a project did you have in mind?" >>

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread