Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch

Character Concepts (Read 1st Post)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 12 of 21 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last

0 Scenes

QuoteQuote:
    ahh is indeed medicine eyes jumped no matter still keeping the same specialties.
    Just to be clear. Rote specialties add one bonus die to your rote spellcasting pool whenever you cast from a rote with that attribute + skill spread.
    Each order has 3 rote specialties, they are used for rotes and don't figure elsewhere. If you take a 3xp skill specialty (or those 3 awarded for free at chargen), you're getting a bonus die whenever you roll attribute + that skill for an action that involves that particular specialty. That bonus die applies to mundane actions only (non magical).
    So "rote specialties" and skill Specialties are two different things called with similar names. Arrows have: Athletics, Intimidation and Medicine. Regardless of whichever skill specialty you decide to buy, if you're an arrow you will get a bonus die only on rotes that use those 3 skills.

QuoteQuote:
    Probably put the extra in stamina thinking Fortitude for virtue and pride for vice. My WOD sheet says 5/4/3 oh wait thats not adding the +1 so look at that as resolve 5. using the Path +1 for the 5th dot.
    What I'm trying ot say: resolve is a mental attribute, if you go 5/4/3 you decide to allocate 5 dots to your main category (physicals in your case), 4 to the secondary, 3 to the tertiary.

In your case you forgot to distribute a point to your physicals (2+2+3 = 7. Each stats starts with 1 dot for free, so 7-3 = 4 of the 5 dots you should assign to physicals). That +1 dot of resolve is a bonus independent from the starting allocation, you can't reassign it. So you distribute 5 points to your phisical traits, 4 to your mentals and 3 to your socials, afterwards you add another dot either of resolve or of composure (according to your path, mastigos and obrimos have resolve for favoured) on top of those.

QuoteQuote:
    Sworn officer requires Firearms so first expendeture at mentor 1, then Sworn officer first oath, better mentorship, then dedication to the path for citywide Sworn officer 2 and therefore a full Deputy sheriff. So earned Mentor 3. Sheriffs can bring in their own deputies so long as they qualify. Its bought with exp so ST can guide me there and point is I am not close to the first attainment until Gnosis 3.

What I'm pointing out is that AFAIK Path status: mastigos is assigned in accordance with ingame events and not xp costs.

QuoteQuote:
    A far as Legacies didn't see any UK's. So cant learn that from a PC. So I made a mentor and spent the points for it. Sheriffs department is big on legacy of the department. It will be part of the Glimpse is you look at the spend I had to jump through hoops to earn the level of mentorship, take binding oaths, etc.. I will await the STs rulling
    You should ask Yumyumcrow , because as far as I know out of path/order legacies can only be taught by player characters.

QuoteQuote:
    General and Arcane at Gnosis 1 I am more likely to pick up arcane exp from swimming in deep waters so to speak

We don't use Arcane XP here on EoD. Strictly speaking xp ranges from 0 to 10. So you're looking at a monthly average of 5.

S
    Stretch

thank you for your patience and explanations I guess what I meant to put was physical is not my 5 catagory. Primary mental 5, Secondary physical 4, Tertiary social 3 with my Primary Skill Choices Mental 11, Secondary Social 7, and Tertiary Physical at 4. I was agreeing that the rote spec needs to be noted as athletics, Medicine(not Occult), and Intimidation. I do indeed understand the difference between rote specialties and skill specialties. Even without Arcane Experience, the fact that my gnosis is low makes for a better story environment. I am less likely to carelessly and expansively cast spells, keeping my wisdom high. Your OOC wisdom is noted and appreciated. I gotta wonder at gnosis 3 how often are y'all tempting Paradox.

0 Scenes

Got it, check out house rules on paradox here http://nwod.org/forum/showthread.php...uide-and-Rules

S
    Stretch

well haven't figured out how to edit a post yet. so Amended character Concept

Concept: Lawman
    Short Bio:
    Bhhaahhb (Bob) was a young masonic member in another city, he was Awakened when an Actual Abyssal came into the world. He grew up enjoying cowboy movies and decided to later become a Lawman Following the Legacy of His Mentor.
    Name: Marshall Marshall
    Shadow Name Bhhaahhb
    Path: Mastigos
    Order: The Free Council

Stats:
    Ment, Phys, Soc.
    Int: 2
    Wits: 2
    Res: 5 (+1 path)
    Str: 2
    Dex: 2
    Sta: 3

Pres: 2
    Manip: 2
    Comp: 2

Skills:
    Academics 1
    Computer 1
    Crafts 2 (spec Cowboy)
    (rote Spec)
    Investigation 1
    Medicine 1
    Occult 1 (spec Masonic)
    Politics 3

Science 1
    (rote Spec)

Athletics: 1 spec rope tricks
    Brawl 1
    Drive 1
    Weaponry 1

Animal Ken 2
    Empathy: 1
    Expression 1

Intimidation 1
    Persuasion 1
    (rote Spec)
    Streetwise 1

Merits:(-3 Gnosis+1)
    Mentor 1(3)(see exp) Sacramento County Sheriff
    Resources 1(2)
    Status 2 Masonic Lodge
    High Speech (Free)

Proposed Exp Path

Firearms 1 3xp, Sworn Officer 2xp, Mentor +1 4xp (Mage), Sworn Officer +1 4xp, Mentor +1 6xp (Legacy Uncrowned Kings),
    Status 2 6xp Sacramento Sheriffs Department Deputy Sheriff Mounted Officer
    Resources +1 4xp (1 xp Remaining)

Arcana: Space 3, Mind 2, Matter 1
    Gnosis: 2
    Wisdom: 7

Rotes: New Threads (Space 3), Detect Substance (Matter 1), Third eye (mind 1), Ballistic Targeting (Space 1)

Nimbus: An exotic enticing scent is that a body spray.. you can't quite place it...
    Proposed Presence 2 character Avatar
    deputy bob (494x640).jpg
    Last edited by Stretch; Jan 10th, 2019 at 04:07 PM.  Reason for Edit: added a free merit

Twist Scenes

well haven't figured out how to edit a post yet.
    The forum is set up to disallow editing outside of the first 5 minutes after submitting your post.

6. Likes Kelreth liked this post

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Mein: Skin of polished amber
    Presence (Pugnacious)
    Androgynous
    Mantle: Spring

I'm bouncing around the idea for a Mage lawyer, probably a GotV, in that his primary function is to fix legal trouble created by mages that they can't easily explain to the (mortal) authorities, thus protecting The Veil. I've not played in the Mage venue here yet though (I have been on as a Changeling for just a couple months), so I was wondering how often that kind of trouble comes up. Thoughts?

0 Scenes

Issues of law are rare, or at least have been for the past year. Generally, laws - whether arcane or not - are more up to the Ladder's alley than the Guardians' own, since Guardians are more about blackmail and subterfuge. Even though a lawyerish Epopt or cultor/emissary would strike close.
    There's a mage lawyer toon in play atm, it's Matrixchild 's Juris

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Pugnacious)
    Androgynous

Hmm, sounds like there isn't really room for a second lawyer. I have another concept in mind, but it needs development. I'll probably post it here in a few days. Thanks.

M
    Matrixchild

You can totally go the lawyer route if you want, since mine's kind of a law and order, silver ladder, upstanding citizen type. Also, since I also ST I tend to stay low impact and don't go all in. Plus it would give him someone to talk lawyer stuff with.

Fairest (Gandharva)
    Presence (Pugnacious)
    Androgynous

Huh. The character I had in mind is a bit of a shady lawyer type, and was partially inspired by the main character from Better Call Saul. One dynamic I particularly like from that show was the fact that he had a very by-the-book brother who was also a lawyer. Would you be interested in playing up a similar dynamic? Namely that the two characters have some past association (friend from law school?), that would allow your character to know he's a bit suspicious? Perhaps with mine trying to 'loosen you up' a lot of the time?

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 12 of 21 First ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... Last
+ Reply to Thread