Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Karaoke Night!

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Where the Streets Have No Name
Aug 21, 2014 - Sep 21, 2014
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"Ok, you guys totally suck," Aurum laughed jokingly. "I guess that's two more drinks? I suppose it is a good think I'm off tomorrow."

Her drinks arrived and she thought they were aptly named Airhead, and were shots with peach schnapps and cranberry juice. She downed one right away and was grateful that she had another water brought over, but if she kept drinking like this she'd need to make a pit stop soon.

"And Madison believes in me even if the rest of you think I'm some museum destroying hooligan." She turned to Faye and gave the woman a mock suspicious glare. "It isn't some plan to be friendly and get me drunk so you can take advantage of me or anything i hope...I'm watching you." Aurum finished with a grin to Faye.

"The daycare thing is true, strangely enough, this is California after all so compared to the rest of the country this place can be another planet. I get just about as many compliments for my sense of style as I do glares. However, Zoey is right I have to seriously dress down, but I can still get away with some creative touches. Also, sorry Madison the museum thing was true." She turned to everyone with an oops my bad expression. "There was a very good reason for it at the time, like life and death reason, and I didn't damage any of the exhibits, just the office area. I do understand the importance of historical and cultural artifacts so I'm not totally irresponsible. The Catholic thing is the lie, my parents would practically disown me if I went Catholic," Aurum laughed.

"I guess I made mine too easy for you guys, but I hoped that the unlikely nature of the other two would trip more of you up. Shows what I know." She punctuated her statement by downing her second shot.
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

It was true that VT hadn't talked about much that was personal, but the mention of existing family members definitely seemed like something that should be mentioned to cabalmates first, before a room full of drunken assholes. But, maybe it was precisely that. Maybe Zoey was a bit too drunk to have thought that through.

That was the problem with alcohol. It made you do things you'd regret later.

"I didn't do a dime. That was my lie." It was close. She should have done a dime. She just let herself out of it earlier.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

J

She's already drunk. She's liable to piss herself after this. Was it her plan, to get them as wrong as she could so that she can drink a whole lot more? Sure. That's her plan.

She gets up and goes over to the bar and purchases a whole bottle of tequila. Because when you're going to be doing a lot of shots, you go south of the border. A cup of limes and a salt shaker fill the rest of her other hand that isn't carrying shot glasses. If shit wasn't already crazy, it's about to be.

"Four wrong for me. And that's before Asp -en shares hers. Who needs in on this bottle?"

What are the odds that she gets laid tonight? Good. She just hasn't meet him yet. She'd feel bad for Match.com because he's been nice to him if it wasn't for that little rule of hers. No awakened strange-love. It never ends well. Some guy is going to get 'lucky', and he just doesn't know it yet.

And maybe Elle will even remember it. At this rate, probably not.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

E
    Ermac

As the Mages make their round of reveals, their truths were as funny as insightful. Elle returning with a bottle of tequila garnered, "Hell yea! The good stuff!"

Jack calling him a cheese was particularly amusing. He pointed both thumbs inward to himself with a silly grin, "The cheese stands alone....under a flag pole in the middle of a thunderstorm."

Madison's reveal made sense. "I have to give Aurum credit on that, I'm not up to date on that stuff. That's one for me." One shot down.

Elle surprised him, "You hung out with Tyrese Gibson? I totally wasn't expecting the languages thing. That's two so far." Another shot.

When Zoey spoke he didn't speak up. While she didn't come right out and say which was her lie, he guessed the Indiana Jones cracks was a lie. The comment about siblings was more than a bit troubling. Hope I didn't get that one wrong.

That superman shot, whatever it was, was kicking in hard. The buzz was feeling very good. Aurum saying, "You guys suck!" he stuck his tongue out at her. "Hah hah!" If he was getting plastered then may as well have fun while he could remember it.

The interplay between Madison and Aurum was entertaining. "Aurum, the museum was just too damn funny to say it was a lie. I really wanted that to be true, and it was."

Avis's reveal raised a brow, "You were known as Jane Doe at one point?" He paused ticking off another drink, "I'm at three already." He paused a moment, then snatched up the third shot, "God I'm gonna regret this tomorrow." He shook his head, "Ah screw it!" Third shot down.

"Hey Aspen, you're up," he cheered merrily and poured himself another shot of tequila. Just in case he was wrong.

A
    Asp

"Cheerleading was my lie, for the exact reason that was said. I was too busy doing athletics myself," Asp said, amused and enjoying most of the answers while she was just downright intrigued at some of the others. Avis's was particularly intriguing. Something to ask about later.

Chuck Norris? He still did seminars and had tons of videos out there, but why ruin a perfectly good truth-or-lie that she could use in the future? This was twice she'd played this game, so keeping stuff in reserve was a good idea. She stopped on the drinks, taking it easy. When this was over, she was going to have to willwork and clear at least Zoey.

Maybe not herself, though. She was actually enjoying her buzz.

"I actually haven't seen Jet Li except in the Expendibles, and while I'm gonna save how I learned from Chuck for another round of this, let me tell ya - he's a damn good teacher." She grinned at the group.

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He nodded at Faye. Spiders creeped him out, too. Okay, maybe a little more than creeped out. Maybe a little scary. So. Untrustworthy. All arachnids are, yo. Just ask the frog.

His eyes glanced at Zoey, but didn't linger. Avis didn't seem to be having much fun, either. Maybe it was About That Time? Especially with whatever was going on between Aurum and Faye? He laughed and threw up his hands in a protesting gesture as Nous made a bottle appear. A. Whole. Bottle. Water, yo. Because.

"I can't even count how many I got right or wrong, but I was pretttttty sure Aspen wasn't, you know, a cheerleader,"
    he tossed out, his laugh winding down.

Sounded like 4W needed a Jet Li night. And Top Gun.

"Man, uh, I hate to be That Guy, buuuuuut... I do have to work tomorrow." He slid off of his chair and stood up. "Even if this has totally been a blast. Seriously. Thank you all so much. I really had fun. We should do it again, yeah? Faye. Aurum. Eric. Awesome to meet you."

Someone has to be the first to leave. And maybe? That made it easier for others that might want to. And, spiders, yo. Because buzzkill.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Darn," Zoey chuckled to herself, "I'd so hoped you could break out the old uniform and all," she grinned cheekily at Asp, before giving a little nod to Star and getting to her feet. "Alright, I gotta sober up and get the kids home, then."

A smile was offered to the rest of the group, a somewhat sincere one at that, before she settled her eyes on Aurum. "... I wanna hear about that damn good reason of yours one of these days, yeah?" The smile still remained even as she reached to half-support Asp in standing. "... c'mon light-weight. Felix is waiting."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"It was nice to meet y'all," Avis said, standing up. "But they're my ride," she continued, nodding towards her cabal. "And, uh, try and take care. It's not a safe city to be out of your head in."

Seriously. If you wanted to get fucked up, do it in your sanctum. Otherwise you were just making yourself into a piece of vomit-ridden bait.

Well, maybe they all had Life, or something. Either way, their choice.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum nodded as the Star and the others got up to leave. It had been a really long day and they were probably right, it was time to call it a night. Besides things had got really weird when Jack's friends...cabal...whatever showed up.

The goth wasn't sure what their deal was and Jack had got really weird too. There was way too much tension and drama there and they really did not seem to like him getting close to anyone other then them. Aurum liked Jack...no not in that way...besides it wasn't like he was trying to be anything other than friendly to her. Either his cabal didn't like her, was jealous, cautious, or some combination or maybe even all of the above. She'd likely have to give this crowd a wide birth in the future, she didn't get the feeling that Jacks' trio of ladies really wanted anything to do with pretty much anyone but themselves and Jack.

Were they trying to get with him, or had they already gotten with him and were circling the wagons in defense against the evil women threat?

"You're probably right...it is getting late...and I shouldn't be out much longer anyway," Aurum said in agreement with Star.

She stood up and pushed her chair out when Zoey and the others stood up and starting saying their goodbyes. Heck, even Zoey had been a good sport here.

"Hey it was nice meeting you all," Aurum said with a friendly smile.

She looked curiously at Zoey and wasn't sure what the other woman meant by that. The goth thought it would be a cold day in hell before Zoey had good intentions toward her, or even wanted anything to do with her. She got the distinct impression that she wasn't welcome and didn't think the sourpuss wanted friendly chit chat.

"I don't think I'd mind,"
    she began cautiously. "If you wanted the full details it would need to be someplace we could talk openly. But, I got the distinct impression you hated me...I won't need an adult or need to let people know where I am and what I'm doing...will I?" Aurum figured her words were pretty plain and she meant something else when she said adult. She didn't hold any animosity to Zoey, but was clearly feeling out the other woman's intentions.

"I'm heading right home to sleep this shit off," Aurum nodded in agreement to Avis.
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

A
    Asp

The Supernal quietly flared out from Asp as she cleared Zoey's blood of alcohol with a flash of Life. The spell made no register on an unwary caster's Unseen Senses, the Obrimos covering the signature of the spell with Mana as she usually did in public. It was best not to give oneself away. She was enjoying her buzz, but there was nothing smart about bringing down unnecessary heat onto the gathering if a Banisher happened to be nearby.

Safety first.

"Light-weight?" she laughed. "Says you. Guess it's that time, huh?" She was fine. She turned to face Aurum. "It was really nice to meet you. All of you, actually. Thanks so much for coming out to join us." Her gaze swept out across the assembled crowd of awakened.

Err...

What Aurum had missed was that Zoey sort of gave off the distinct impression that she hated everyone. That was half the fun of the Guardian.

clearin zoey's blood of alcohol with Life, -2 mana
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-20 02:06:41 Asp rolls 4 to Dedrunkify Zoey (Gno+Life-2) (10 Again) 8, 8, 10, 7, 3 3 successes

Page 6 of 9 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Last
Closed Thread