DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Well, after the events at The Rage and since Tanya already knew Ozymandias - or, uh, Zoey now, it seems, was in town...

Dinner, their place, the three of them needed to catch up. Especially... just, yeah. Stuff needed talking about. But it was dinner, and so Tanya and Steph ended up doing some barbecue. Grilled corn with red pepper for extra kick, lamb kebabs, and some rice, just as starch and filler.

And, well. Pepper was sort of freaking out, and maybe dug up an old box set of a tv show about archaeology to refresh her memory on stuff. They never did have any conversations about that. So uh, just in case?

Mace Zodiac

m
    magiuspendragon

While Stephanie was busy being nervous, Tanya kept herself occupied getting things ready. Some combination of getting told to get this thing out of the fridge, or that thing out of the pantry, and trying to set up things on her own so that her twin would calm down. Not that it would happen before Man...Zoey showed up. Still, for all the nervous energy going around, the two of them were actually putting together a decent spread.

"Alright," she said, eyeing the table. "Time for you to sit down and relax. We've done everything we can," she said, gesturing for Stephanie to take a seat on the couch. "She'll be here soon anyway."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Catching up. What an interesting notion. It was after work, she'd already gone home, gotten changed and given her cabalmates the heads up that she was going to be out late, but didn't much answer questions. As she pulled up to the address she was given, parking before moving to ring the bell, looking rather thoughtful.

Whatever this would hold... it would be an interesting evening to say the least.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Steph sat as instructed, but played with the large hooks on her jacket, unable to master complete relaxation while waiting.

And then the bell rang, and Step was standing and moving for the door in a flash, putting on her Pepper face. Stop chewing her lip, smile. "Hey, come on up... So sis mentioned you changed your name, Sorry I was using the old one at the club."

m
    magiuspendragon

Tanya smiled as Stephanie jumped up to answer the door. She should have figured the distraction wouldn't have lasted long. [color=#5363fc]"Hey Ma...Zoey,"[/colror] she corrected herself mid-word. "Thanks for coming." She smiled as she gestured for them to come in. "Have any trouble finding the place?"

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"It's fine," she responded, making her way up and in to join them, offering a little smile to the pair and brushing her fingers through her hair. "Thanks for having me over. It wasn't too hard to find, no more than most places I've gone looking for."

She waited for a few moments before setting her bag to one side and wondering at whether or not she ought to take her shoes off... huh. Strange thought. "Neither of you would have much known better... so I suppose it's only fair." She offered her hand to Pepper - as the nearest of the girls - with an expression that was as polite as she could muster. "Zodiac - Zoey, if you will - Warlock of the Visus Draconis, Councillor, Sigil Holder and Lorekeeper for Veiled Threats."

There was much more to her title this time than there had been last time she'd formally introduced herself to the duo, if only due to Veiled Threats, itself. If neither of them had picked up on the cabal thing and she had to explain it... ho boy. Little miss never settle down, in a cabal? Hell, people had wanted someone like her in their cabal? But hey, life was full of surprises that way.

"... and what, pray tell, brings the Yin-Yang Twins to Sacramento?" Propriety was gone, and a hint of a nostalgic almost-smile settled on her features.

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

Pepper was in stocking feet, if Zoey was going to be taking her cues from there, but apartment didn't have a strict no shoes policy, if only because Mace would forget as often as not, well, that, and it wasn't exactly safe to walk without shoes near the corner the Moros had staked out as her workshop.

Still, with the pro-offered hand and title, Pepper kept herself fairly serious, accepting the hand and giving her own, quick simple title in return. "Pepper, Enchanter of the Vox Daconis and Mace, of the Ungula Draconis." They hadn't formed a cabal yet, though with them being them, the twins just needed a third - a fourth and fifth would be nice, though, and a purpose would be ideal.

Still, seeing Zoey drop into casual mode had Pepper smiling. "Oh, you know, Capitalism. I got a job at a small publisher in the area, and Mace is doing the Grad Student thing. So, Veiled Threats, any chance some of them were at that club? Aspen, that blond dancing fiend and uh, you called her Nous?"

m
    magiuspendragon

Mace stood and smiled when Pepper made the formal introductions. She didn't have anything to add, it was just the two of them after all, and they'd barely met anyone yet. But..perhaps some day. She let out a small sigh when things got casual again. "Councilor, huh? Moving up in the world." She grinned. "Yeah, I'm at UC Davis," she added. "Eventually I'll get a real job. Can't count on Pepper to support me forever, right?" She winked at her sister.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Ah yes, Capitalism," Zoey responded, shaking her head with a little chuckle, before taking her shoes off and giving the duo a little smile. "... I'm glad to hear the two of you finally found Orders to suit you," she added before finding herself a place to sit. "And that neither of you chose the Alae," she added wryly. They knew her history with the Mysterium plenty well enough, she was sure, if only by rumours.

"Currently the Consilium operates under a Cabal Councellor system, and none of my cabalmates decided they wanted to step up for the job. Besides, what Asp can do physically, I tend to do verbally without even trying," Zoey shook her head a little, before giving a little nod of a sort to Pepper.

"Aspen - Asp - whom Mace has also met is one of my cabalmates. She and Avis, another of my cabalmates, are Arrow. And Dancer Pants Jack-be-Nimble goes by Star - The Last Starfighter, if you must know, but don't ask me about it. He's the fourth member of Veiled Threats. Nous - Elle - is someone I've had the pleasure of working with, but she's not a cabalmate." Because really, having two Arrows with their PMS in sync seemed dangerous enough, never mind two Guardians.

"I'm glad you guys are settled in, both on the work front and the school front," Zoey sighed a little with a nod. "I was actually celebrating my officially getting a settled down job the day I ran into you guys."

Stephanie Lane-Huang
    Pepper

Presence 3 (subdued)
    Silver Ladder Status 2
    Consilium Status 2
    Acanthus 2

"Like I was ever in line for the Alae - I know there were a few Guardians praying I landed a Ladder mentor and didn't join the Free Council." Pepper gave an amuse smile and shrugged, before standing near the table. "Any preference on drinks? We've got lemonade in soft or hard, tea, coffee, and... water?"

She needed to stock up properly on drinks, no sodas for now. She gave a nod at the mention of the cabal Councillor system. She fought off the temptation to suggest bludgeoning to death as what Zoey could do with words - because really, rude - before acquiring the drink for Zoey and sitting down herself just as she listed cabal mates. "Oh no. I must have made a terrible impression on them. I just, that night was not going how I hoped it would at all, so I hoped I could just - finish the conversation with you before either trying to talk to the - what seven? Six? other people there. And I know I pissed off Aurum by not saying hi right off, but -"

Pepper pressed her lips together, color briefly making her cheeks spotty before a couple breaths chased it away. "Just, one of those things I get more pissed about for other's sake than my own, But I said I wasn't up to it right that moment and demanding attention despite that is, can be dangerous to the person who isn't up for it. I suppose i could have done a general wave or indicated that I needed to talk to you first but..." She let out a long sigh and shook her head again, before serving herself and anyone who held out their plate.

And Zoey mentioned her own job and the Asian totally lit up eager smile replacing the concern she'd fretted herself into. "Oh? I'd been hoping to ask. A dig job, or something more desk-related?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread