(Sacramento Noir) The A-Team

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    C
    Cross

e-sux, yo
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-18 03:26:55 Peter Baldwin rolls 10 to Int+Persuasion+Allies+3situational (10 Again) 10, 10, 4, 4, 10, 9, 3, 2, 1, 4, 4, 9, 7 5 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Baldwin's orchestra gets to work. Information filters back to him, piecemeal, over the next following days.

"Does this woman ever sleep? I mean... She's one of the rich clique pushing that new bank. Meetings! Meetings! Meetings! They're, like, spread over the Sterling, the Citizen and the Claire. Or wining and dining. Or directing the work at that place... you know... where that hotel that blew up used to be... Sometime's she's out at a property past Mather Airport - gotta be renting, I'd say. When she's not dressed up, she in urban threads rubbing shoulders with low-life scum like me. Only worse. She been spending nights with a merc; you'll know him when you see him 'cause he's got a big tatt over his left eye. I hear he goes by the name of Alexander. Scare's me, bro. The merc has friends... I think they are holed up at [Carl's All Star Auto-Repairs] near Meadowdale Park, West Capitol Avenue. Eh. Look... I'm laying low, okay."

"She's a really busy business woman. Holds court at the Citizen Hotel. Sometimes she go to meetings with some of her associates at the Lilly."

"She must be an architect. Spends a lot of time at that big development. Oh right - you don't know the history. Right clusterfuck. Accident in the gas mains and sewers - explosion tore through the Four Season's hotel and pretty much wrote it off. They is really working hard there now - this new place should be done by Christmas!"

"More to it, yo. Her buddy Khan has pretty much locked down [Storage] in Florin, yeah. Trucks have been coming in and sometimes she pops down there herself. She takes stuff out to this little property near Mather. I didn't get too close, know what I'm sayin'? That house is guarded."

"She one hot lady! Princess, yeah baby! Always got a flock of admirers but the only one who sticks with her is this crippled Arab lady."

"She spends her days jumping from one meeting to the next. At night, she switches clothes and cars - rides with a man wit' tattoos on his face. They go all over - some storage place; a small farm. Hell they headed out to Folsom and one time, the were, like, driving all over Florin. Switched cars twice. <<pause>> I gotta go dark. Its that african dude again..."

"Look. Maybe I got something. Your lady is some business type. Working on a big project with the city from the meetings she's in. Swell stuff. Four star hotels... but... something don't fit. She keeps going to this storage place in Florin. Whole joint has been rented out and there is always some truck coming or going. And the birds! Like what the fuck, man. They're like herding... or flocking or some shit. Like a big sit in... Weird, ay?"

3. Likes Cayce, Wod.Infant liked this post

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Velma will also use her contacts to know things across different spheres. She will also be facilitating things by providing the pictures and information they have as well as a similar bribe - assuming the same modifier in the roll (+3)

4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-08-20 17:46:31 Velma Star rolls 9 to SAC NOIR - Contacts: Int + Per + Ctt + 3 (10 Again) 8, 1, 10, 8, 5, 3, 1, 8, 2, 4 4 successes
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

A spider in her web, Velma weaves her threads and listens as they vibrate to the sounds of the city.

"Ah. Ms. Khan! Such a glamourous woman! A banker and and architect. She is one of Jed Carston's acquaintances. Not one of his entourage - she is obviously bigger league than he. She does sit in his circle, along with that odious Greek (Nicodemus). At least she can keep him under control. She is very interested in Art... pity she won't allow anyone near her collection. You absolutely must see her. She holds court at the Citizen."

"A stunner. I seen her. Watch that pretty face... She knows her business and keeps plenty of hard men around her. There is Khan and his thugs. And then there is the merc with tattoo over his eye. Clifford tried to play him... we ain't seen him in weeks."

"An amazingly talented woman. Banker... Art dealer... Art Historian... And an Architect to boot! Her hands are all over the new development. I'm am constantly amazed we have never heard of her before. Obviously foreign. She has been a fixture at those meetings and fund raisers for the new bank - a real support for that poor dear, Elizabeth Cole... I doubt that woman would have managed the paperwork, let alone the society engagements without her..."

"She is a cypher. There is nothing on her out there. I am told she appeared at one of Khan's property's near Vegas. There was a big party and 'showgirls'. I did some checking and no one knows where the girls have gone."

6. Likes Wod.Infant liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Reconvening...

Three nights had passed, and Peter Baldwin was pleased with the progress his men had made. Curious to see what Velma Star had been able to determine, he reconvened their task force sans Aileen MacFarlane. He couldn't reach her.

Had she been Unconquered, the Knight might have been concerned.

There in the basement of the Nox Populi within the Elysium's Meeting Room, he waited with his notes to share his copious findings with Velma and Josephine.
    Cayce Wod.Infant

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

At the appointed time Velma left her office and joined Peter in the meeting room.

Pulling some strings and weaving some of the threads of the cacophony made Velma realize some things about this Ms. Khan.

She was willing to share what she had found with the others – which wasn’t always a given thing… this time it would benefit her though.

”Sir Baldwin.” Velma nodded to the Knight when she saw him in the meeting room as a way of greeting.

”I hope you had a couple of productive evenings, I trust Miss Sterling will be joining us soon.”
    Velma Star*

PRE

As was her habit, it seemed, Josephine arrived late to the meeting. As before, she darkened the doorway without a knock or a word and then strode over to take a seat. Her satchel was placed on the table, her hands deftly producing her file, notes, and pen, and then arranging them carefully before she greeted either kindred.

"Good evening to you both. I trust these three evenings have treated you well? I've reviewed the material that we already have in that time, but have not discovered any previously unnoticed information. Which speaks excellently for us, and is, I believe, a good omen for our efforts in this endeavor." With that she readied her pen, a dark blue, marbled affair with a silver and gold nib, over a clean notebook.

P
    Peter Baldwin

"Good evening, Madame Harpy," the Knight replied. "I have, thank you. You, as well. My orchestra was very helpful indeed. We have new locations and new things to investigate. We may even want to get more help, given the nature of what my people have found." His head turned as Josephine joined them.

"Ms. Sterling. Welcome." He nodded to her. "Thank you for your financial contribution. It has borne fruit. Shall we get started?"

He looked to Velma Star. It was his mission, but she was the senior Domain official. She had the right to speak first. "How'd you fare, Madame Star? Would you like to start us off?"

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”I’m fine Sir Baldwin, thank you for asking.” The Succubus tilted her head slowly in response.

”I’m glad you could join us Miss Sterling, I’m glad to hear of good omens.” Not that Velma actually believed in such things as omens but to each its own.

”I believe my signs will probably point in some new directions to search to, and I agree with the assessment that maybe we should find another set of able hands to help us.” With that Velma takes a moment to look to Josephine and Peter to see if they were both paying her enough attention.

”Some of my rumors point Ms. Khan to be a banker, an art dealer and historian as well as an architect. They say she actually has a collection she allows no one near and that she usually will be holding court at the Citizen. I heard about she, Nicodemus and Jed Carson sitting in the same circles but actually being acquaintances. There was a pause as she recollected her thoughts on the subject.

”Another source of mine puts a terrible mercenary with a tattoo over his eye working for her… there are rumors of people approaching the man and not being seen again so I would advise caution when trying to deal with him.” Velma pauses for a moment and then continues.

”There is also a rumor circulating that Ms. Khan is the support for Elizabeth Cole, the one with the actual connections to make the fund raising events happen for the new bank.”

”And finally a rumor that screams vampire over all this…” The Succubus pauses for a while to see if she had captured their attention again.

”Apparently Ms. Khan appeared at one of Khan’s parties near Vegas, a big party with “showgirls”… some checking was done and none of the girls showed up again after the party. I suspect either a human traffic network or maybe, a very strong possibility, the girls have been locked away to actually serve as a sort of herd to a kindred who might be after all of this.”
    Velma Star*

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    P
    Peter Baldwin

"Interesting," the Knight murmured quietly as he considered the Harpy's information. "Very interesting. Excellent finds, Madame Harpy." It seemed that the cocophony spoke to Harpies as criminals spoke to him. "I think I may be able to add more to the picture, and between us, we've got a great deal."

Time to transfer information, so everyone had the full picture. There was no reason not to.

"Apparently, she also spends time at the Sterling, the Lily and the Claire, and directs the work at the site of the former Four Seasons, where a new building is going up. My men understand her to be popular, but only a disabled Arabic woman stays with her. She also spends some time at a property past Mather Airport, where they suspect she is renting. She doesn't sleep much. Where this gets interesting is, when she isn't dressed up, she involves herself with criminals. My men saw that mercenary as well, and named him Alexander. Apparently, he and his friends are holed up at Carl's All Star Auto Repairs on West Capital Avenue."

He paused for a moment to let that sink in before continuing. "To top matters off, Mr. Khan has apparently locked down a storage facility in Florin, where trucks come and go. She takes things from the storage facility in Florin to the guarded property near Mather Airport. They switch cars often."

Baldwin frowned at the last bit of information he had. "Apparently, trucks are always coming and going from the place in Florin, and something that makes me think of vampire involvement... the birds in the area are flocking, like they're all watching the area. My men thought it was very odd. I suspect Animalism." It was plain the Knight agreed.

He drummed his fingers on his cheek for a moment, looking to Josephine, then to Velma, then off into space for a moment.

"Guarded facilities. Strange trucks. I wonder what it is they are transporting..."

Baldwin sounded thoughtful, like he was processing all the information Velma and he had put together. Notes were being written on a legal pad, single words as he began to put things together.

"Madame Star, do you happen to know a recently-returned Kindred named Heinz?"

It sounded like he had something in mind.

Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.