Ended
Watch

Ack: Notaku

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle to the Stars.

Any new arrival will find the Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic rose incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Martha stood not too far from The Stairs and stretched out her legs and arms in preparation for another Patrol.

She was eager to build on her recent experience with the three legged race. It showed Martha a need to work harder at running...a lot harder.

Dressed in a short Kelly green netball style skirt, simple no-brand sneakers and a pale lemon tennis style top she was limping hard along the path.

Her C-Leg would soon be working harder than usual. Still resting her hands on her knees, she noticed the kneesock on her C-Leg had rolled down to the ankle. Peering over her spectacles.

Martha emits no Beast.

The short netball skirt reveals the tone of her remaining flesh leg...it's muscular, hinting at the study of dance or athletics...she's clearly undergone an amputation at some point: her left leg is a simple metal C-Leg.
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    C_Lloyd

The journey to the Nox was no small feat. Notaku was starving, and had he been mortal, he might have even been tired. The sight of the Nox was more than enough to give him cause relief. But the night was still young, and there was still work to be done.

Notaku descended the stairs of the Nox, directed by the staff. His tribal accoutrements were displayed prominently in his hair and adorning his attire. He wore a leather vest and a cowboy hat, along with spurred leather boots. Such an environment was new to the gangrel, so he approached his destination cautiously and deliberitely. He only now realised that he was not quite appropriately dressed for the venue.

Good to know for future reference, but nothing to be done now.

As he noticed Ms. Villiers, his beast gazed upon hers, regarding her cautiously, calmly, rather than antagonizing the usual battle for dominance. It was fortunate. Notaku was already hungry - no need to escalate the situation further. "Good evening, Ma'am, " said Notaku, bowing slightly and respectfully to the Seneschal. "I believe it is you I have traveled so far to find. I come in peace, and seek to reside in this domain, should His or Her Grace be willing to have me. I hope I have not come at a bad time?"

One of the most important lessons taught to him by his Sire was to be polite. There was always a bigger, badder, beast. And despite what her physical appearance suggested, there was no reason to assume the Kindred standing before him was not one of them.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Hearing the footsteps of a large creature approach, she looked up from tending to her socks and carried on looking up...and up...this man is huge!

For the first time in many, many months, she wondered if Dillon would meet his match if he ever had to tangle with this gent.

Her eyes widened and her mouth let out a gasp at the unusual spectacle in front of her - impressive and...well, impressive.

"Good...good evening, sir...no, not a bad time..." she offers a meek smile, straightens upright and brushes at her miniskirt with busy hands. "...you find me about to go on patrol, sir!" she offers a happy giggle, "My name is Miss Martha Villiers! I have the honour to serve His Grace the Prince of this Domain as his Seneschal and Mistress Keeper of this here Elysian Field." her smile and hands gesture a modesty at these gifts of the Prince. She knew they could all be removed at his whim if she ever failed in her duties.

"You are welcome! Please..." she hobbles aside, regretting leaving her cane in her chambers, and makes a happy hand gesture to invite Notaku deeper within the Elysian Field, "...you have traveled far, sir...to meet me?" she asks happily, by way of gentle conversation. Her eyes travel over Notaku as if assessing his attire and symbols for any signs useful to discovering clues to his heritage and allegiances.

Another bright smile and she begins to hobble over to the sofa near the coffee table where she usually hosts new arrivals.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

C
    C_Lloyd

A small smile escaped the giant's lips in response to Ms. Villier's greetings. "It is a pleasure and honor to meet you, Seneschal Villiers. I am called Notaku."

Notaku followed the lead of the Domain's Seneschal and Mistress of Elysium, careful to allow her to take a seat before doing so himself. "My search has been for this domain. My Sire is a nomad, but forbade me travel with him until I had a more solid understanding of what it is to be Kindred in these nights. He knew of this Domain and sent me here. I traveled on foot from Northern California. It was a long trip."

His speech was not quite monotone, but simple and to-the-point. "I am not wholly uneducated. I am aware of the traditions of our Kind, and have been instructed to contact the Priscus of clan Gangrel, and the local Heirophant of the Acolytes. Aside from the most basics, however, I am expected to learn and survive on my own. It is a trial of sorts."

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha sits and, once seated, makes a small hand gesture to invite Notaku to sit too. She's all smiles and demurely adjusts her skirt. "Goodness me! I...I daresay you shall pass all your tests! Even at this first encounter, sir, I can see you are a gentleman of great fortitude and ability!"

"To help you, I shall supply all the contact details to get you started on your project hello." another sincere smile is offered.

Tiny Martha pauses, thinking on what she's heard so far.

She's quiet for a little while.
    "Goodness me...on foot...all that way..." she seems very impressed.

"I wonder, how can be of immediate assistance to you, sir? Do you have any immediate questions?" she smiles sweetly, her query seems genuine.

C
    C_Lloyd

If everyone is this polite, this shouldn't be so difficult. But somehow I don't think that's the case...

Notaku gladly accepted the offer to sit. It had been some time since he had taken a true rest, and he was not going to pass up the opportunity. He returned the Seneschal's smile. "I would be false if I said I have no questions. In fact, I have many. But my thoughts are clouded by hunger. I did not wish to offend His Grace by feeding in his territory without permission. For the moment, I am content with whatever guidance you have to provide me. Beyond that, I must wait until I am less... distracted."

Notaku patiently awaits Martha's response, as he sits on the couch. He now that he was no longer focused on his trek, the pangs of hunger from deep within the bowls of his very being began to creep to the surface. It was fortunate that there was no truly accceptable source of food for him. To entice the beast was currently not in his best interest.

Martha Villiers

PRE

"Clouded by Hunger?" she seems aghast at the possibility, shaking her head in dismay, she makes and apologetic gesture with her hands and adds; "I cannot allow that, sir! Not after your epic journey No...no..." she looks about the Court area to see if anyone else is around. Seeing no one that can be immediately helpful, she adds;

"This might sound unorthodox, sir...but, I hate to think you are impaired by Hunger. Especially when it is something so easily corrected." she smiles sweetly. Rubbing for a moment at her maimed thigh, she adds; "Now, sir...I offer you Acknowledgment with immediate effect. If you wish to follow me, sir, you and I can patrol and I shall personally show you the limits of the Communal Feeding Zone and the Prince's personal Rack therein...that way you cannot intrude upon his personal Feeding area, yet still be alert to the Communal Feeding Zone we all enjoy access to. Does this sound a suitable and sensible and speedy way to end you predicament, sir?" she asks with an earnest sincerity. Rubbing again at her maimed thigh, she smiles sweetly to Notaku and waits to see how he takes this offer.

C
    C_Lloyd

"You are a most kind and gracious host. Thank you. Your suggestion is a good one. I would be honored to join you in patrolling my new home." Notaku sat still, waiting until the Seneschal made another move.

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha smiled and seemed utterly delighted by all this. She paused for a moment and struggled to stand. Once stood she fussed at briskly brushing out the wrinkles from her skirt and offers a bashful smile to Notaku.

"Splendid! Splendid! You are quite right to be be careful in observing the proper use of titles within the Elysian Field, sir...once outside though, please feel free to call me Martha! Much less conspicuous!" she adds with a playful, almost conspiratorial, smile...as if she's offering a happy secret.

Smiling, she almost skips to the base of The Stairs and studies Notaku for a moment. Martha hesitates. Part of her wants to test Notaku in some small way, but...she knows he's had a hard journey and testing him, no matter how playfully, just wasn't going to be classy or dignified ~ for either party.

She takes Notaku's hand with a gentle action and begins to hobble up The Stairs with stiff legged gait. Taking each step with care she speaks just as carefully to Notaku;

"Tell me, sir..." she offers between hobbling steps, "your various symbols, the ones you wear...they must mean something important. Am I allowed to ask what those symbols mean, please?" she asks with a sweet smile. To judge by her tone, she will accept a denial.

C
    C_Lloyd

As he accompanies the Seneschal outside, Notaku briefly takes account of his own adornment, clearly not having considered his adornments for some time. "Much of what you see are fetishes; ritual implements used to pursue my faith. Each has one has different meanings within different contexts. I would be happy to share more of that with you, but it is not a simple conversation."

For a brief moment, Notaku considered leaving it at that, but was overwhelmed by a spirit of curiosity.

"Are you a woman of Faith, Martha?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread