(1407) Ermon & Reverb

THREADID

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Beej

Ermon is glad to see Reverb approach him: his other Cabalmates have stalked off in one direction or the other and this skulking business is getting old. Fast. He waives at the Libertine and gets closer to talk. The question makes his brow furrow:

"It's hard to say. If their titles are right, they are both powerful as hell. My money's on Aquinas, though. Maybe it's that 'riding on winds of Fate' vibe I feel from him".
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

B
    Beej

Riding on the Winds of Fate? I suppose it would be a shitting story if the guy riding in to warn everyone got stomped. Then again, if it was Frank Miller writing said story?

"Oh, all those titles made sense to you? Most of that stuff went over my head beyond names and impending invasion." Some might not like admitting their ignorance, he personally didn't give a damn. Plus, Libertine. "I suppose everyone is putting their money on the new guy. I kinda want to being a contrarian on general principal and go with Avalon but, eh?" he shrugged and unscrewed the cap on his water bottle. "I get general impression even if Avalon were to win, she could convivially have a mob on her hands. That's assuming that people are willing to do more than grumble."

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

The Warlock shrugs and rubs his tired eyes in embarassment:

"Nah. Only some made sense - I asked around the Sanctum. That's what a Cabal is for, right? And I've been pulling all-nighters recently, cramming the Lex.", - the smile returns even if a bit fatigued, - "But that's neither here nor there. I actually wanted to talk to you about the Byzantine".

No need to beat around the issue:

"I'm think that once this political storm blows over, we need a stable Concillium site. You know, a place that's advertised as being welcoming and safe to all Awakened? I hear Written in Water was such a spot before, would you be willing to make Byzantine this now? I've talked to Ixidor and Ariadne, they approve".

B
    Beej

Taking a swig from his bottle he nodded. "Yeah...asking probably would have been better than not saying anything." His not really all that ashamed to admit it. If you got egg on your face, roll with it. Craming? "Don't suppose I could borrow..whatever your studying? I could brush up it on myself."

At Ermon's suggestion about making the Byzantine a more official sight, the Libertine turned it over in his head. "Yeah. That's not a bad idea. We'd have to find some place for my people for our business..." he nodded to himself as bits fell in. "but it was always supposed to be temporary anyway. Yeah. I'm on board with...oh looks like things are starting up." He didn't have to turn his head to see the squaring but animal habit made him turn.

He held out the bottle out to Palmer his head still turned toward the combatants.
    "Palmer?" Sweet, sweet Arnold Palmer Tea.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon smiles, glad that Beej considers his idea worth checking out, before his eyes wander to the fighters and his hand - to the bottle:

"Yeah, thanks... Wow. Now, that's... Just wow".

He has never seen a Duel Arcane. Now he understands why people pick this way to settle arguments. Hell, he'd probably do that if he had the choice just to watch the fireworks.

B
    Beej

'Wow' was the predominate thought that rattled around in Vincent's brain as the fight drew on. The final burst of space on time was amazing, at least to Vincent. Blades striking and deflected in a swirl of a single thrust and counter-thought. He lets a low whistle in appreciation of the action.

Given how quiet the room was, it probably stood out but he was willing to bet he was vocalizing whatever one else thought. And then Avalon was down on the ground. Lets not have to go to the kill stroke... he thought. While Vincent had never heard of duels being to the death, one never could be too sure. Especially when the whole city was almost at the 'tar and feather' stage of community activism.

Closed Thread