Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) Nous and Ermac

THREADID
    E
    Ermac

From Nous's post.

Ermac listened with full attention. It left him wondering what kind of chaos he had stepped into. What if there was more to the problem than what was before them. "Damn that's scary." He looked at the assembly, "So we got an outsider who we're unsure of where his true loyalty is. And another outsider who hasn't really been there for the Consilium?" The Obrimos asked curiously. "Have the resident Silver Ladder members even tried to take up the mantle?" If the self-professed inheritors of Atlantis didn't do it, something was way off. "Where's the Free Council been during all this?"

J

She nods her head in response; one heavy, meaningful, and succinct nod.

"It's kind of like you're on the Titanic and you know it's going to sink and there's not a whole lot you can do but try to shovel water over the deck and back into the deep, dark, cold ocean."

Guess that means she's going down with this ship. Anywhere in the world she could have moved, but fate chose here. Fate can be like finding a cat turd in your shoe after putting it on: you don't know you're stepping in shit until you've already stepped in it.

"I don't know the specifics past 'no one did anything' to keep this from happening. So I imagine they've all been here, in various states of turmoil, unscrewing the bolts that hold the spinning wheels onto the car."

The eternal song is playing through on repeat again.

"I'll be interested in seeing if we end up tossing away the old charter and Lex and starting from scratch or if the winner is going to try to keep and repair the old one? Because there will be a shake up all the way down the very short and empty chain that is going to make the next few months really very stressful."
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

E
    Ermac

Ermac whistled past his teeth. Oh boy. This was going to be one hell of a problem. What could he do to help fix the problem? Painfully not much given how new he was. "I can't believe what I'm hearing Elle..." he said with a shake of his head. "This really blows."

He set his eyes on the arena once more, "If you need a hand, I'd be happy to help you out." A moment's pause realizing he hadn't given his Shadow Name nor had he learned hers, "Ermac by the way. Eric in public though you knew that already."

J

"Yeah, you said you were new. So there's the state of the world according to Dan Rather or whatever. I've not been here very long either, and you know how it is. You try to make a good impression while the wheels are coming off the wagon. Shit gets missed or people get cranky. Whatever. I'll still be here.

She stood there. Her resilience is almost out of place in the Circle without a breeze blowing at her sheer black hood and the draping of her black dress. She is resolute in her tone. She will be here--or she will be dead.

"So that's what I've picked up. I don't know how much anyone cares, but it's at least moving in the right direction. That doesn't mean we just get to stand by and not help it move in the right direction. That means we get off our asses and put the damn ship back together one piece at a time."

E
    Ermac

His initial thoughts of her at The Rage were altered. She couldn't give a damn about comics. No biggy. But what she did care passionately about was repairing a broken Consilium. The Obrimos nodded.

"I give you credit, Elle. You certainly don't seem to waver when times are tough." It was an admirable trait.

Ermac was accustomed to fixing things when they broke. Perhaps that's what sparked the fire in his speech. "Damn right we're gonna fix this ship," he replied with conviction. "We'll build a better one. One without do-nothing captains and crew."

J

"Times get tough. It's written in the big ball of yarn that's getting spun up one moment to the next. Bending is one thing, but breaking isn't an option."

She waits and watches as the challenger and challenged exchange opening salvos with word. The challenge is accepted and will proceed. At least she doesn't step down from a challenge, and that's something Avalon and she have in common. Maybe that's part of why it's so grating that the consilium is in the state it's in.

"I guess we'll see today if a better one is being built or if we're replacing one snake with a snake oil salesman."

E
    Ermac

The swords and shields were formed. He was glad that he wasn't in the Duel.

"Regardless of the outcome, I'm not stepping away from this," glancing to Elle briefly, then focusing on the contest of will. "What Paths are Dueling?" It was a curious display of sorcery going on.

J

"It doesn't really matter. Their will is their own in how they wield it."

She watches the brutality of it. The awakened wills fighting each other. Swords and bullets can pierce a body, but awakened magic can patch them right up. There is no spell that repairs the loss of will suffered during a duel. It tears at the very fibre of your being. It tears away at your soul.

"The outcome is already decided. We just don't know what it's going to be."

J

Nous rejoins the main scene

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.