Ended
Watch

(1407) Avis & Aurum

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Hey. I haven't seen you around here before," Avis said, walking up to the masked woman. "I'm Avis, neophyte of the Ungula Draconis." Her breath carried the scent of cinnamon when she spoke. It probably had something to do with the piece of birchwood perched between her lips.

"You, uh, doing alright?" she asked, eyes flicking up and down Aurum. Her tone seemed more skeptical than concerned.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

"It's Cupcake popcorn," the goth said helpfully as the man dug into it. She reached in and pulled a few kernels out and again slipped them under her mask.

When Avis came up and spoke, Aurum finished chewing, but was taken aback when she asked if she was doing okay. The Moros wasn't sure why the hooded woman would think that she wasn't doing well and then she followed her gaze downward and took in her own clothing.

The girl thinks I'm batshit crazy? Maybe I am...
    She thought to herself before she chuckled in response.

"Arrow huh? Nice to meet you Avis. West was an Arrow and a good man...scary as shit, but a good man. I've always liked the arrows, good people," she said with a nod and quickly continued. "I'm Aurum, Alae Draconis and Necromancer on the Path of Doom. I know I look like I'm attending a funeral, but I thought I would wear a more subdued outfit today it being a somber occasion and all. I didn't think anything more colorful or flashy was in order."

"Am I alright? No, not really," she said and turned to Crowley looking at both Avis and the man. "Yeah a lot of shit does seem to be coming to head. Sister girl over there seems upset too," the goth said nodded toward Nous. "I don't really trust any of these fuckers cause things were bad years ago when the Councilors had their heads up their asses then, and now they are even worse it looks like. Nothing fucking changes they are all absolute dipshits that can't get their act together. I don't know if any accusations are true or not, but things are a mess and the Councilors have no one to blame but themselves for letting the Consilium fall into the state it is in. At least I haven't been ambushed by Banishers this time around...at least yet. We have enemies all over and these dumb shits can't get their act together. Awakened? Fucking please, I've seen Sleepwalkers more enlightened. If they want me to take them seriously they should start acting respectable. We could be so much better than this..."

Her short rant over she paused and it was clear she didn't bothering to care who had heard her outburst.

"So, popcorn?"
    she chirped happily holding up the bag to Avis.

Avis Crowley
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis just blinked while Aurum went on her tirade. It was almost what she had been expecting, kind of. Distrust and dislike of the consilium's organisation? Understandable. How vocal Aurum was about it? That was new. She'd bitched about it in private, and people cracked jokes about Del Taco, but this was as vocal as she'd heard anyone get about it. As passionate, really.

"Um. No thanks. My, uh, mouth is busy," she replied, gesturing at the toothpick peeking out from between her lips. "But, I feel you. Seriously. There isn't even a council, as far as I know of. The consilium is basically just a bunch of us sticking together out of, I don't know, camaraderie. But that's kind of good, the way I see it. We don't have leadership for shit but we've still held together. We're still a community, and we're still helping each other. That has to be a good omen, even if Del Taco wins the duel."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley chuckled. It oscillated between humour and despair and back again as Aurum launched her tirade. "Wow... I mean... that bad. Ouch. Ho... I thought L.A was bad. This... this is a different kind of bad. Well... maybe this hear contest will be the circuit breaker you need. You know, clear the air and all. Even if the old guard wins the fact its come to this should mean that some good comes from it."

He turned his attention from the goth to the other woman. "I mean... things won't be able to carry on as they did, right? There will have to be some changes because of this. Uh... Hi. I'm Crowley, Free Council. Enchanter dude if spiritual paths need to be tossed about." He added after a pause.

5. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"No shit, a Wing hanging out with a Libertine," Avis replied, a surprised grin teasing at her lips. "See, that's what I mean. The leadership might be fucked up but there's like, a solid foundation here. Or the resources to make one, anyway. And I'm a Warlock. Forgot to mention that earlier." A slight shrug followed the words. Wasn't really that important, but they'd shared theirs so it just made sense to do the same.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"Well that's something at least," Aurum said looking to Avis, Crowley, and the others. "If people are doing things on the small scale, maybe there is hope...I don't usually get cause enough to hope though. I think we have a good shot of things shaking up finally whether there is an upset or not. With a push people may actually get organized. We really do need some organization, cause I doubt things are any safer around here than before."

She shrugged at Avis pointing out the fact that libertine and mysterium were hanging together. She could see how that would be totally unexpected to just about anyone.

"I've never really judged people like that. I mean look at me and the way I dress. Seriously who am I to talk?" she finished with a chuckle. "I like to judge people on merit and individually. I can disagree with someone's ideology and still respect a person. Those are two separate things. Of course not everyone can do that I guess."

"Warlock huh? I hope I don't offend ya, but I have always been a little intimidated by them. It's the mind stuff I guess. I have a hard enough time keeping my own thoughts strait sometimes without others poking around in there."
    She finished with a laugh to let the woman know she was trying to be friendly.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Grass roots is always the better way to go, I think." Crowley mused aloud. "I'm not trying to plug the Assembly here, okay. I just think that people working as individuals, can often build better and more long lasting political cultures than anything imposed from above. Its the connections people make, right? Not the titles or positions based on favour or patronage."

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Avis just shrugged at Aurum's joke. "Hey, we all have our talents. Moving corpses are pretty scary, too. Not that I've seen one of them, but I'm pretty sure they would be."

The acanthus earned himself a second shrug.

"Yeah, I don't know, Crowley. Like, organization is kinda essential for a society. Like, even tribes have leaders and stuff, but obviously too much organization is a problem. Just look at the Golden Arches where Del Taco came from."
    A smile appeared around the toothpick, a hint of venom in the curve of her lips. Yeah, that was a good simile for the San Franpsycho mages and their little pawn here. They were really only a few steps away from Seers, in her opinion.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Hey. I think it might be starting." Crowley looked over to where the great ritual was taking shape.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum nodded to Crowley and his response to the duel starting.

"Sorry,"
    Aurum looked to Avis and whispered apologitically. "I we should probably see this"The goth, dispite her usual flippant attitude, looked respectful and quietly watched things progress with interest.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread