Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Painter and the Knight (Yuki and Juan)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    J
    Juan Cordoba

Well dressed, as always, the Toreador descended into Court. What to do now? He was curious about the happenings of the Domain.

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Yuki made her way down the now familiar descent into bowels of the club. She decided to make an appearance and see if anyone she was looking for was around. Steeling herself against any reaction of her oni, she chained it up and rounded the corner.

She saw Juan in attendance and her beast attempted to break free in an attempt to break him, to destroy him. She held it back and slowly made her way to the yokai.

"Good evening Mister Garreta de Cordoba. You're doing well I trust?" She asked pleasantly.

J
    Juan Cordoba

Hearing his name spoken aloud, riled the terrible monster within. The competitor had arrived. Asesinato. The fury subsided as he glanced up to the petite Knight.

"Lady Knight Saito," he arose. "As always such an honor to see you." The Toreador stepped over to her, "I am very well. How are you tonight?"

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"I wasn't sure when the evening began, however, it might be better, now I think," she implied with a friendly smile. "It is always nice to see a friendly face. I like the outfit by the way. Just the right touch of casual and I enjoy blue," she finished honestly.

"Anyway, I'm glad to hear you are doing so well. Do you owe it to anything in particular?" She asked fishing to draw the man out in conversation.

J
    Juan Cordoba

"Why thank you," accepting her compliment. "That is a very lovely dress. The necklace certainly complements whole outfit," he paused momentarily squinting, "Ivory? If I am to believe?..." gesturing to the necklace. "Your taste in fashion impeccable."

As for his night, he took the bait, "Well, I am pleased to say, I have found the tools I need for painting. You wouldn't believe how difficult it is to get good quality equipment. That is the highlight of my night." For him, if it wasn't the best, he couldn't be bothered. "It will be so good to get back into the art scene once more."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"Why thank you. You are too kind," Yuki said smiling at the compliment. "I don't wear it that often, but red can be nice."

The small Asian's eyes light up at the mention of art and shows a genuinely interest in the man's passion.

"Art? I've always been fascinated with paintings. I try my hand at calligraphy on occasion, but I'm afraid that I'm not very good yet. I will need to dedicate more time to it. However, I'm still something of an artist myself, only I'm into music and flower arrangement. What manner of style or period do you enjoy?"

J
    Juan Cordoba

"A fellow artist, how wonderful!" The Toreador clapped his hands together excitedly. "Neoclassicism is my favorite. The Greeks and the Romans had it down perfectly." He contemplated on what other styles he liked. "Art Deco from the Twenties up to the Forties. Mostly architecture and the like. But suffice to say, they make the more iconic buildings. Took a while for it reach the Mid West. That was quite the scene to see."

de Cordoba shook his head, "Oh dear, I'm rambling." He paused to allow Yuki to process all that. "I had a friend who did calligraphy and another specialized in gardening. Both were masterful with their works."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"Neoclassicism was good. I also find it interesting how often it turns up in the strangest places in this country. I haven't made up my mind about the more modern styles, but they have their appealing aspects," the said in agreement with Juan and his passions.

"However, there was something to be said for all the Gothic architecture of Italy. Venezia e Milano sono molto belle," she finished in Italian. "The Milan Cathedral is breathtaking, too bad so much of the city was damaged in the aerial bombardment."

She nodded as he mentioned the calligraphy and gardening of his friends.

"I loved to admire the gardening of others and perhaps I'll get a chance to do a little of my own once affairs are in order. I've spent more time on the traditional expressive arts of my homeland though."

J
    Juan Cordoba

Spanish and Italian were very close to each other linguistically, one having descended from the other. Juan smiled in surprise to hear an Asian Kindred speak it so perfectly. "Your Italian is spot on," he said in congratulations. "I've only seen pictures of the Cathedral. It's a shame it's such an inconvenience to see it up close."

The traditional arts of her homeland, that was one area where the Toreador was not familiar with. He did not know her nationality, nor would he gamble to guess. In his wanderings, he picked up bits and pieces of age old rivalry and strife amongst Southeast Asians - both Kine and Kindred alike.

"Do tell, I would love to hear more about it."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Victoria Stamford

"Thank you," she said with a smile. "I don't have much opportunity to make use of it here in the states."

"Well to answer your question, I am an accomplished artist in several disciplines as woman of station commonly was in Japan," she said trying to sound modest. "I haven't had as much opportunity to develop my skills further since my duties in the First Estate, but I have time to indulge from time to time. I am familiar with Traditional Dance and music especially the Koto and flute. Also as I already mentioned I practice traditional flower arrangement and calligraphy. Furthermore, I learned my weapon work originally from my father, but I am still perfecting his technique. Much of my training is in the active expressive and martial arts."

"I am familiar with the Japanese Tea Ceremony," she began conversationally but continued with disappointment clear in her voice, "but there isn't much cause for it since my embrace. Tea just isn't the same after all."

Yuki thought for a brief moment considering something before she continued.

"This may be of interest to you, while I myself am not versed in it. Ukiyo-e or woodblock prints are some of the more internationally famous painting techniques from Japan. Different still, some of the shoji screens were painted very elegantly and with considerable skill as well."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.