Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Picking Flowers

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    P
    Peter Baldwin

This thread is private.

Jennifer Hazelton's flower shop was a place that Sir Baldwin enjoyed, and he was certainly glad she had given him access whenever he saw fit. It was a reasonably good place to meet and socialize away from the lights and prying eyes in Elysium. The flowers there were lovely, and had so many meanings and messages within them that could be silently delivered. Select the right flower? Put it in the right place? All manner of things could happen, good or ill.

He wondered if Rina Yui knew the meanings of the flowers, too. If she did not, perhaps soon she would need to learn.

The Knight waited for the Asp, sitting in one of Priscus Hazelton's chairs as he waited. He wore jeans, a black t-shirt and a leather jacket over-top of his knife and stake - a comfortable ensemble suited for the environs he usually worked in.

Dark. Urban. Violent.

Thank God tonight wouldn't be like that.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina rounded the corner and walked down the road towards Baldwin. It had taken her a while to get here, since she'd been taking circuitous routes and doubling back, to ensure that no one was following her and no one could figure out where she had put her Haven by guessing where she'd come from. She was wearing a Led Zeppelin t-shirt and jeans. Strapped on her right ankle, under her pant leg, she had her knife, but otherwise she was weaponless.

The Asp approached Baldwin, hands kept at her side to show she had no easily-accessible weapons, and took a seat close to him. "Hello."
    Gangrel - Circle of the Crone
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

"Madame Yui. Good to see you. How are you tonight?" Sir Baldwin said after allowing her into the shop. "Settling in all right?"

The Beast Within screamed out its displeasure, the constant Menace pouring off him and focusing onto the one solitary Kindred before him. He wrenched the unusual pressure to kill back into line, keeping it tucked under the Invictus poise that so nicely defined him.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina puts her hands on the table and locks her legs tight, to resist the urge to reach down and grab her knife, or get up and run. She drums her fingers, forcing a polite smile onto her face. "Very well, thank you. There were a few issues with room positioning, but I took care of them. How does the night find you?" The polite, unimportant conversation irked her, but she accepted it as necessary in situations like this.
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

"I can't complain. It's good to finally get a chance to sit down and speak with you." He grinned. That smile was actually genuine. "Oathsworn Knight to Oathsworn Knight - Madame Yui, welcome to Sacramento. It's good to have you here. I thought I would check in with you so our Orders can compare notes and see about working together. It's a big territory and there are a lot of things to be done."

Time to talk shop.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

She nods. "That sounds as if it would be beneficial to both parties. You obviously know the area far better than I do, and that could be vital." She sits back and waits for him to make any demands. He, personally, would most likely want something out of the deal, and she wanted to know what that was before she started volunteering anything. Even if it was just information.
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

The pleasant look that clashed with the Menace that insidiously oozed as if from his very pores remained right where it was. "I do know the lay of this land, and I have no problem sharing with you. You're Oathsworn. What I'd like to know, though, before I speak about it - what's your Order about? I heard what you told His Grace, but that was in open Court. You weren't free to speak. If we're to be working together, I'd like to know a bit about what I can expect from you."

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina drums her fingers on the table and considers Baldwin critically. She spends a seconds simply looking at him, then leans closer to him, fighting her fight/flight urges. She drops her voice so that, if someone had been listening in before, they would not hear anything now. "You will need to understand something. Anything I tell you is held in the highest confidence. There is a reason for that. Our enemies are many, and subtle. Allowing them any insight into our operations could easily spell out our doom." A little melodramatic, she thought, but all technically true.
    Aspect of the Predator

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin nodded. Secrecy, he could understand. "I understand. It is not in the interests of the First Estate for your Order's secrets to be laid bare. I would ask that you allow me to speak with Lady Knight Saito of this as needed, since the three of us will certainly end up working together. Would that be acceptable?"

It never hurt to ask. He had to tell Saito what she could expect of this Yui woman, but being polite and asking her blessing to do so was far smoother.

Caleb Fischer
    Caleb Fischer

Predator's Bearing

Rina thought about it before responding. On the one hand, the more people knew specifics about the Order, the higher the chances that their enemies would find out. On the other hand, Knight Saito had seemed trustworthy, and had jumped in to defend Rina in a bad situation. Plus, if she read him right, the Knight before her would probably tell her anyway, if he deemed it necessary. Her blessing would just make it easier.

She nodded in acquiescence. "I suppose that Lady Knight Saito would be an important person to inform. I would not object too strongly to her being made aware."
    Aspect of the Predator

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 2

You do not have permission to view the list of names.