Ended
Watch

Chess Rematch

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    B
    Beej

Vincent walked out on the balcony of the Unbound Fortress of Not Solitude/Mega Penthouse/Super Sanctum and put an old battery operated hand radio on the table and flicked it on to KSEG, Sacto's classic rock. It was just past sunset and the summer heat had given way to 70s and a cool breeze, perfect for an outdoor game.

Heart follows in behind Vincent as he walked back inside. He weaved his hand through the Omnivision rote, re-establishing his depth perception before picking up the chess box. I wonder if rotes give you carpel tunnel? Now that would be a dick move by the Lie. Ruminating on that bizarre though he worked his hand through a second rote, pulling down the Aether and weaving Influence Sound. Personally this far up off the street he didn't think they weren't going to need it but he figured Bishop would appreciate the paranoia.

Once in the kitchen he grabbed the jug of Arnold Palmer Tea from the fridge and two glasses and walked back the balcony. Putting the jug and the glasses down next radio, he sat down and went about taking the board and pieces out of the box.
    Samaritan

[rolls=OmniVis Pot 1, InfluenceSound Pot 5]57339-57340[/roll]

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

3suxx Grim Sight
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-17 01:59:31 Bishop rolls 10 to cast Grim Sight (Wits 3 + Occ 1 + Death 3 + HS + Tool) (10 Again) 3, 5, 10, 8, 4, 4, 4, 8, 3, 4, 5 3 successes

Bishop stepped out of his own private quarters and shutting the door behind him. He was dressed with an old, washed-down T-shirt (clean nevertheless, mind you) with the cover of Iron Maidens "Piece of Mind"-Album on it. He had aquired it on a concert way back but had gone to great lenghts to preserve it. He also wore cargo-pants and sneakers.
    Because it was his day off. And he was "at home".

Making his way past the living room and into the kitchen, he opened the fridge and stood there for a while. Between Ixidors supply of hard liquors (personally Bishop could not understand, why anyone would ever drink Jägermeister - it tasted like liquid toothpaste with a shot of room fragrancer) and Ermons stash of alcohols supposedly reserved for cooking (yeah, right), he found one of his bottles of Guiness. Taking it out and also procuring a suitable glass, he made his way on the balcony, where Reverb had already prepared all things necessary. Bishop placed his beer on a table, because he liked to play chess without having any alcohol in his system. The beer was for later (either victory sip or consolation in defeat; that remained to be seen).

He shook Reverbs hand. "Evening, Mr. Reverb." he said.
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

3. Likes Matamune liked this post
    B
    Beej

"Its just Vincent when we're here." he told Bishop, shaking his hand. "Iron Maiden..nice." he grinned seeing the shirt. Given what little he knew about the Guardian he made the self assumption that the shirt was not pre-faded. And the guy kept in shape to have it still fit. "And by the by, a little Forces. No one, not on the balcony can hear us." he grinned a little mischievous as he warped the path of their speech back on them.

"So hows it going for you man?" He slides one of the glasses he brough out with him to the Guardian before twisting the top off the Palmer tea and pouring himself a glass of the sweet sweet nector. "Anything new break loose recently?"

Bishop

"The privacy is appreciated, Mr...Vincent." Bishop stumbled momentarily over the unfamiliar use of a given name. "It's going good enough to take a day off, even though I could actually sleep for a week. I don't like the heat, so setting this after sunset is very nice of you."
    He took his seat. "I am also still getting used to living so far of the ground up here. The lodgings are nice, don't get me wrong, but a basement is always well temperated and...well, in the earth. Call it a preference of the path." he continued, while pouring himself a drink as well.
    "Nothing on the loose, with the exception of the usual crap. Aquinas vs. Avalon is by far the most interesting thing at the moment, I suppose."

B
    Beej

Vincent couldn't help but laugh at Bishop's complaint about the heat. "I feel ya. I grew up in SoCal. When summer runs around you either dive in the pool or hunker by the AC until the sun went down. At least it's a dry heat. Humid heat is the worse, like breathing through a wet hot rag."

The height of the condos didn't really bother him. Besides that odd irrational though of jumping that everyone gets once in a while. "You're not wrong there. A buddy of mine had an old bomb shelter under the pool in his backyard. It was always nice and cool in there." He couldn't help but add with a grin. "We hot-boxed the shit of it in highschool."

"Nothing new? Saddness. Makes me sound braggadocios to say I made Syndic." What all he was going to do with he wasn't sure. FC was just a smaller pool of cats than the Conscillum. Wonder if Kite is ever going to show back up? "Hey, random question. You think if rotes give us carpel tunnel, it cause of the Lie?" Vincent asks in a "I swear I'm not crazy' tone.

Bishop

Bishop laughed, completely caugh off guard by the question. "Well, if you get carpel tunnel from your rotes, you are probably casting too many of them. Which means, you should stay off of magic for a few days and contemplate the shortcomings of your body." He tilted his head, still grinning. "I don't know, maybe try to do mudras with your feet for a change? And congratulations on making Syndic."
    <Still grinning...I need to see a doctor. Soon. This is not good.>
    Taking a black and a white pawn into his hands and shuffling them out of sight, Bishop extended both hands towards Reverb, just like he did at the Arrow Field day.
    OOC

B
    Beej

Oh yeah, feet. "Foot rotes." he nods. "I hadn't though of that. Sorry, sometimes I get these weird flashes and just blurt them out."

"Uh..that one?" he points at one Bishop's hands.

White!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-17 03:08:06 Vincent rolls 1 to chess 4 failure

"Nice." Retrieving the piece from Bishop's hand he puts it back on the board. "Yeah, sort of the last man standing in terms of getting it. Now I'm the one who has to deal with the Hostel mess." He is not grumpy cat mage. Really.

Pausing, he tugs at the skin of his throat once as he ponders the board. After a few seconds he makes his opening gambit.

3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-17 03:10:41 Vincent rolls 6 to Chess Round 1 (Int+Res) (10 Again) 1, 10, 8, 3, 10, 7, 7, 7 3 successes

"You guys even us it? Aren't you all still working out of the Temple?" Continuing his thoughts on the Hostel situation.

Bishop

2suxx, 2 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-17 03:25:41 Bishop rolls 6 to play Chess (Int 2 + Res 2 + EM 2) (10 Again) 10, 8, 1, 7, 7, 5, 6 2 successes
    Bishop ponders on the board for a moment. Close behind, was his conclusion.
    "Well, if you want my advice on the whole Hostel matter...consider it a lost cause." he said, choosing his words very carefully.
    "I do not know, what things have lead to its loss for the Council. In the interest of keeping the peace, I would advise on some form of recompense - Ariadne is not stupid and I am sure, it is possible to find a compromise. But the Hostel is in use, I can assure you of that."
    Bishop leaned back, giving Reverb a calm look. "Talking to Ariadne would be my approach...and keep it low. Find a solution and inform your superiors, that you struck a deal. That way, your position stays stronger and you don't become a puppet for other people's interests, that simply wish to kick the Guardians in the teeth. Because this Consilium can not afford this kind of conflict over some turf-war right now. As I take it, we have more pressing matters on our hands. Driving the Banishers out of town is my most pressing concern at the moment."

B
    Beej

"Yeah. I'm been procrastinating on talking to her. I know Imp and Kite were hot to trot over everything but," Vincent sighs. His eyes dart across the board as he takes a sip of tea. "maybe settling some bit of it now will bury things." he moves several pieces. "I'm willing to bet being cabal'd up with a Syndic has got the other Guardians whispering that you and Araidne are going all hippy-dippy." he grins.

1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-17 03:47:11 Vincent rolls 6 to Chess Round 2 (Int+Res) (10 Again) 6, 2, 1, 10, 6, 1, 1 1 success

Bishop

"The other Guardians know better then to step on the Epopts toes. Honestly, though? If I were on the outside, hearing my superior and another order member is associated with a Syndic, I would think twice, before actually wasting time and energy figuring out, if this is not just another of the elaborate ruses my order is famously despised for."
    Bishop moved his Queen into a position from which it could assert a little more dominance. Not the best play, but he was wary of Reverbs moves. His last one had been a deceptively innocent one.

1 suxx, 3 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-17 03:57:22 Bishop rolls 6 to play Chess (Int 2 + Res 2 + EM 2) (10 Again) 6, 4, 10, 2, 5, 5, 5 1 success

"So, what does the Council think about the fact, that one of their syndics is in a Cabal with not just one, but two Guardians? Are they worried, we might turn you into one of our personal spies?" Bishop asked, his tone light, but his implication serious. After all, paranoia would work in both directions.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.