Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) The Duel

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 13 of 17 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Last

Idun

PRE

Idun looks away as the Duel ends, she looks at those who were also observing. Her gaze turns to the new Heirarch as he makes his announcements, particularly the mention of Councilors once more coming from Paths instead of Cabals and that now was the time to announce the forming of Cabals or joining of an already established one. She turns to Miach( Bigpaw ), asking, "We need one more and we can re-confirm our Cabal."

Victoria Stamford
    Fisher

Presence ••
    Adamantine Arrow Status •
    Victoria Stamford

Aurum couldn't help but notice the stink eye that Leo gave her and gave him a slight shrug not sure what his deal was.

As the Hierarch had instructed she approached him and the others spoke their piece announcing their cabals that were accepting or not accepting members. She listened with interest as the others also applied for the two vacant positions of Herald. She was glad that there were others like Zoey that were prepared to step up and do their part for the Consilium. When the others had said their piece she spoke up.

"Aurum, Necromancer on the Path of Doom. Member of the Alae Draconis, Lorekeeper of the Urban Renewal Foundation, and a former Moros Councilor of this city," she paused for a moment before she continued. "Hierarch Aquinas, I've served this Consilium and worked to oppose the efforts of our enemies in the past and would be honored to serve as your Herald should you be so willing."

She spared a glance for Faith since it was her job to announce their cabal as the sigil holder for the Urban Renewal Foundation, before she returned her gaze to Aquinas.
    Fisher: Shaman of The Adamatine Arrow,
    5'8", tan, lean with long black hair and brown eyes. ||Presence: 2
    Supernal Vision / Organic Resilience, and Mana 5/11, WP 5/5.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Oh great... another Silver Surfer... Silver Ladder type who wants us all to believe in a big floating city in the sky... The bittersweet thought hung for only a few moments as Aquinas made his speech, morphing into... I might like the cut of this man's jib...

Consilium titles came up for auction and Crowley stepped forward. He'd received invites to a nascent cabal (or brainstorming session at least) but the thought struck him that now was the time to show that the Council could play ball with the new Big Guy. As an outsider (heck, he'd only a passing exchange with the retired Syndic) he thought it politically wise - if things flopped then he could play fall guy and neither the Diamond mob, nor his own Council, would get too stained by the mud. It would be on him and he thought it an appropriate risk: at best the Council gets some cred and at worst he gets a bad rep - and he really didn't care that much.

The offer by his own Syndic (now he had a face to a name) momentarily threw the Acanthus. Having lost the initiative he was forced to actually chase after the man, Aquinas.

"Hey, bud. Yeah. Look, I'm interested in trying out for that Herald position if you still need candidates. Name's Crowley. Uhm... Free Council. Path of... Thistles and all that. Enchanter. Ah... you look busy so I'll be brief. My Syndic just offered, but I figure that you may not want the Syndic - our head guy - taking such a position in the Consilium. Politics and all that. I'm new. No affiliations and still in negotiations for a work group, you know..." Here, Crowley casts his glance of Aurum, Autolycus, Faith and Faye. "So, if you want someone who is going to be... invested... in your pax or whatever, I'd like to put myself forward. Crowley, Free Council. Think on it."

He paused. "OK. I'm done. Congratulations on your win, I guess. You probably want to be left in peace right now, so I'll mingle. Do you need my cell number or anything?"

Task done, he drifted in the ebb tide of bodies.

4. Likes Cayce liked this post

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Still leaning on an arched passageway, Bishop had crossed his arms and took in the scene. It was interesting to see, how Aquinas had asserted...what? Dominance was a word too strong, but it had the correct ring to it. His mission statement had also a nice sentiment to it.
    <Oh, let's take back our city. And next weekend, we'll have that marshmallow thing around a celebratory bonfire.> Bishop thought mockingly.
    Then came the traditional "throwing of a bone" and lo! and behold, no less then three people jumped at the chance to become the new Herald. In Bishops eyes, it looked like blind actionism, doing things for the sake of doing something.
    Zoey throwing in her head as Herald was a surprise however, but Bishop took her for too smart a person to not have some sort of agenda. Her reasoning sounded right - keeping tabs on newcomers was the right idea and he hoped, that Zoey had the good sense in sharing such informations with the Veil. But the other two volunteers were complete strangers and that meant, they had either not thought this through or they had other ideas. And that worried him.
    The announcement of cabals and recruitment followed and was expected.
    All in all, this whole affair signified a rather loud return to official consilium business, and loud was something Bishop did not entirely appreciate.
    <Compared to before, I think your throne is even more false then that of Avalon, my dear Aquinas.>
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Teeramus liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker crossed her arms, and glanced to the ground upon hearing the promises. She had been at the University for almost two years and knew the dangers of the place. Banisher's were nothing new to her as they were prevelant in Savannah, if not more so...

Weeds... Weavebreaker found it a appropriate analogy, yet she doubted Aquinas gardened. To her, it sounded like he intended to rid the city of the threat they imposed. It contained as much fallacy as Banisher's believing they could rid the world of magic.

Weavebreaker knew they may get a few and probably lose a few with such a blunt offensive, but ultimately they would drive them underground and to greater caution. Her mind whirled with thought as she considered something that would have better effect; Turning the Banisher's tried and true tactics against them...

Weavebreaker knew them well enough, it was how she had survived in the midst of them...
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

8. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    J

She thinks about retorting and opening up a can of vile on Leo, but he's so easily distracted a little field mouse might have posed a larger current threat to the well being of the former hierarch and yet still citizen of the city. Treason is a heavy word to use when the apathy in the room reaches epic levels. It certainly seems to take an injection of new bodies to rouse the ire of the entrenched. The status quo is fine until it's threatened, which makes her part of that threat. She's just fine with that.

She places herself in a position to shield Avalon from the lack of incoming harm. She may be disgraced, but she's still a oracles-be-damned human being. She's not going to let a lynch mob take her away when she's fulfilled her awakened duties of transition to the spirit of the law.

Her own other political actions could wait. Herald wasn't a job for her. She could do it, certainly, but she didn't really want to be a mouthpiece for a brand new Hierarch in a period of transition. There was rebuilding that needed to be done, and that would come elsewhere.

"Hierarch Aquinas ( Casitive ), I ask that you grant and might guarantee the defeated safe passage from this meeting. It would be a show of good faith to the city. A sign that you will indeed lead us back to normalcy in structure and governance. You've shown you have supernal blessing, but will you also show that you are a man of action and not just words? I expect Sentinel Lockhart ( Xander ) might even be a proper and fitting choice to ensure her safety should you choose."

It's not always wise to lead a horse to water. Sometimes they drink. And then sometimes they remember that you led them to water and hold it against you for the next decade. It's a calculated risk. She's more interested in doing what is right and serving the consilium so that no one decides to sin against it before this new chapter has barely begun.
    Nous, Enchantress of the Guardians of the Veil, Acanthus Councilor

C
    Cyler

Beatrix stood with her hands clasped in front of her watching the Consilium resettle after the Duel. The show had been amusing even though watching the two bare their magic so openly seemed intrusive. In the end, people in Sacramento would see change although she'd prefer if they had been bolder. Most people lived in a circle refusing to get out and explore a whole other world of possibilities.

The speech had been a good one. She even found herself nodding along the new Heirarch, the man knew how to get the crowd involved. But so far his words were promises and only time would tell whether he meant them or not. Regardless she wanted to contribute to this Concillium and she'd do what she could.

From the day, one thing had stood out to her, she needed a cabal. In the future, things in Sacramento mighty not be safe for someone alone. In fact it may never have been and she hadn't even noticed. The only question now was: who could she trust?

A
    Asp

Asp sighed quietly to herself as chaos ensued around the new Heirarch, various people taking their chance to jump up and wave their hands around and shout 'me, me, me!' to teacher. Was everything okay? "Yeah, business as usual," she muttered to Avis, a little 'what can ya do' half-smile crossing her face as she gazed at the cluster of people surrounding Aquinas.

He'd been Heirarch two seconds and already people were trying to push their political agenda to get control of Consilium, to try to prosecute Avalon as a traitor, to become Herald, to do... whatever it was they wanted to do.

Asp remained right where she was. The position she belonged in, Leo and Animus were handling. She'd put her faith in the good judgment of the Adamant Way and leave it at that.

"Just wanted to make sure I was where I needed to be, you know?"

Right where their Cabal was. She smiled at Avis. It was more genuine. Everything was going to be okay. This was just the first of many challenges they would face together.

As she flicked her eyes through the group, heard Leo's words and Nous's reply, she frowned. The reflex thought wasn't the right thought in that instant, a challenge of honour having been tacitly made in amongst her words of concern for Del Taco. The deeper thought, the more meditative thought, was... how had Leo's public image of honour been so thoroughly besmirched as to make someone ask the Heirarch to order a Sentinel to do their job properly?

A hand drifted up and moved a stray bang back over her ear, and Asp took a long, slow breath. This too would pass, and business would return to usual. At least Aquinas was a man of action.

A new offensive?

Sounded like a job for some Veiled Threats.

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

So that's how it was. Avalon lied, defeated, and the new Hierarch started making decisions. Faith was quite pleased that nobody decided to question the Duel; Duel Arcane institution was sacred in her eyes, and no matter who he was and what his agenda were, the challenge and the Duel were proper and binding.

Faith glanced at her... cabalmates, for the lack of better word. Urban Renewal was still in the process of creation and she didn't feel well about revealing their plans already. Still, the Hierarch was right.

The redhead just wanted to step up when some Crazy Curly Lady ( @Noum ) spoke up. "If Avalon desires to invoke the Precepts of Protectorate or Liberty, which should be known to her, she's free to do so. If Leo Lockheart wants to invoke his right as a Sentinel and investigate someone he considers a danger to the city, he's free to do so, as long as he keeps to the Charter of Sacramento. If anyone desires to put Avalon on trial, they are free to do so - against a Council gathered and with proper proceedings. If we want to restore order, to make Lex Magica something that Awakened respect and abide to, the best moment to start is now."

She spoke surely, her voice loud and clear.

"I'm Faith, of the Watchtower of the Golden Key, a Claviger of the Silver Ladder," she looked around the people's faces. "Urban Renewal Foundation is in the process of forming with Aurum and Autolycus of the Mysterium and Crowley of the Free Council. We're not open for recruitment, but if you're interested in creating the best possible environment for everyone to live in, we'll be more than glad to talk."

Miach

PRE

Things were getting the political turn that was to be expected, and Miach could hardly care less about it. Perhaps it would bring some good. He would see. As it was though, he leaned toward Idun ( RockBane ) and nodded in assent. "Yes. You're right..." the Acanthus had to admit.

The idea hadn't pleased him, still didn't, but it was a fact of life that you had to move on. Swim or Sink was the natural order of things.

Steeling himself, the mystagogue waited until he had an opportunity to speak, and stepped forward in his turn. He nodded to Aquinas once, asking the new Hierarch's leave, and then addressed the gathering of Mages.

"I am Miach, Scion of the Watchtower of the Lunargent Thorn, and student of the Mysterium. I, along with Idun of the Watchtower of the Stone Book and two others, used to form a Cabal known as the Medstars. Our goal was, and still is, to provide medical assistance to all members of the Consilium in need. We are currently recruiting anyone who can get behind that."

To the point. In this tense moment, it was best not to dally, and he left it at that. With another short bow to the officials - old and new - the blonde Enchanter went back to Idun's side. "Well... it's done..." he said quietly, tension leaving him slightly.

Page 13 of 17 First ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 Last
Closed Thread