Ended
Watch

Ack: Sinead Lovekin

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Martha Villiers

PRE

One of the more useful Elysian staff helps new arrivals and discreetly directs Kindred towards The Stairs.

The Stairs lead away from the mortal nightclub to a subterranean area set aside for Kindred use...

Anyone descending The Stairs will detect the tangy aroma of freshly squeezed lemons wafts up from the sub-space.

Once at the foot of The Stairs a new arrival can see the layout more properly.

http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Avalon_Underground

In the cellar vault beneath the nightclub the lights are low. The silence is almost tangible.

A calm atmosphere prevails.

Recessed lamps cast a soft glow and the bright and rich scent of freshly made lemonade and squeezed lemons fills the air.

A Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway as one descends The Stairs. It reads in delicate silver lettering: "Per Ardua Ad Astra" ~ through struggle to the Stars.

The Court area is decorated with long black and purple silken drapes cascading from floor to ceiling. Draped in elegant bunches and gathered into valances across door frames and between supporting pillars.

There's a rich and lingering scent of exotic rose incense; the lighting is intentionally low.

A delicately painted pattern and illustrations of ancient and strange Zodiacs adorn the ceiling.

Adorning the walls and carefully lit are truly large digital prints of NASA's renderings of the largest galactic entities and the very farthest reaches of Deep Space.

Tiny and sweet looking Martha sits alone on a leather sofa in the Common area of the Court and is quietly and carefully looking over maps and various official looking folders from Californian State government.

There's a simple coffee table in front of her along with notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals.

She emits no Beast.

She may even be a Ghoul.

But there she sits, wearing a black top hat and tail coat. White tie, white waistcoat vest...her hair dyed raven black and there's a hint of ruby red lipstick.

A generous sprinkle of lavender scent...minty toothpaste added to the neat presentation with a crisp white blouse...white gloves...the fishnet revealed the tone of her single muscular leg. A flesh leg well suited to that of a dancer or athlete...she's clearly undergone an amputation at some point: her left leg is a simple metal peg-Leg from high up her thigh.

To those initiated into the mysteries of the DC Universe Martha is dressed as Zatanna, Mistress of Magic!

She's sat, quietly reading and studying maps that are laid out on a simple coffee table in front of her. The coffee table is laden with a carafe fresh home-made lemonade...cluttered with written notes, printed out copies of maps of Sacramento and copies of many US newspapers and various academic periodicals...

Djinn ~ just in case! It's not a requirement if you wish to open an Ack with Clan Priscus first
    Health: 8 Willpower: 7 Vitae: Safari - -1 Striking Looks +2
    Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

There was a polite 'Thank you' offered to the staff-member who had assisted her before she calmly made her way into the room, taking in her surroundings with an odd elegance as Sinead made slowly walked through, approaching the stranger with a contemplative look. To the best of her intel, this was the place she needed to be, given her inability to contact her local Priscus. She had to make herself known to the city in some way.

Much like the woman, no Beast made itself clear from her, though her skin still wore the pallid taint of being unblushed. She did not have the luxury of wasting such a precious commodity as blood on such a thing at that moment. As such, it was long, pale hair cascading over pale skin, slight shoulders and a pale white and blue dress that made the figure look entirely too ethereal for comfort. It was downright eerie, to be told, just how very like a doll the wide blue-eyed Nosferatu truly was.

"Good evening," she greeted quietly, vivid blue eyes taking in the woman's appearance, though not understanding the references regarding the woman's attire. It was simply strange. So much of it was strange, to her, attire changing so much and so often... but this was not the time for such observations. "I seek Seneschal Villiers, I don't suppose you would be she?" she inquired gracefully, her voice quiet, airy and tinged with a hint of an Irish accent.

There was some benefit in making inquiries on her long journey here. Though she would have preferred to speak with her Priscus, it seemed that there was no way to contact the woman at the moment, and thus this seemed the appropriate option following that.
    Former Player of:
    Zodiac Sinead Lovekin Jodie Hollins

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha found it hard to think what made the greatest impression...the eyes of purest lapis-lazuli...the eerie gracefulness...her soft Irish accent...Martha smiled nodded and looked to the lady's feet and legs for a moment...as if searching for something.

Smiling, she wondered allowed;
    "I am indeed Seneschal Villiers, Miss...are you an envoy from another Domain? Please, Miss, do be seated. May I help you in some way?"

She asked with sweet politeness and, as she spoke, made a small hand gesture inviting this strange, arrestingly beautiful, lady to be seated.

"May I offer you some lemonade, Miss? It is freshly made!" she smiled again and converted her hand gesture from the seat towards the carafe of lemonade.

Very English accent. Flaw: Limps badly - most of her left leg is missing. Eidetic Memory, Combat Aware'. Danger Sense. Trained Observer

"No lemonade, thank you," she responded though she moved to take the offered seat. "Seneschal Villers, it's a pleasure. My name is Sinead Lovekin, an Acolyte of the Circle of the Crone, recently residing in Nova Scotia, Canada," she explained quietly, watching the woman with a serene smile.

"I have thus far been unable to contact my local Priscus, so I am very grateful that we are able to meet, at least." Sinead's hands settled in her lap delicately as she granted her full attention to the Seneschal.
    Former Player of:

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha watched in apparent amazement as Sinead sat with such gracefulness. She shifted in her seat and tried, in vain, to hide her simple metal peg leg from sight.

Offering a meek smile, Martha nodded to show understanding of Sinead's immediate problem.

"I see! Well, welcome, Miss Lovekin! Welcome!" a sweet smile followed as Martha now fussed with her top hat.

"I hope you meet your Priscus soon! In the meantime, I can certainly offer to provide Acknowledgment for you so you may Feed and reside in this Domain! I wonder, Miss Lovekin, is there any gossip to share from your travels?" she asked with obvious interest. Having traveled so far, she suspected Sinead might have a story to tell.

"I hope so as well," she responded with a small smile, though her expression was soft as she watched the woman for a moment more.

"Dearest Seneschal," she began after a moment, "please do not fuss so, or hide any of your features. You're such a lovely creature, it's a shame to think you'd conceal yourself," Sinead continued to smile, a little more warmly, not reaching to touch at the other's hand despite her inkling to do just that. "I heard of your loveliness on my travels here, to be true, one looks into these kinds of things when intending to relocate to a city. I'm afraid they did you little justice. In my many years, I've never seen such a lovely smile," Sinead added, her expression sincere as she sat back in her seat, looking thoughtful.

"As to other stories or gossip," the Acolyte looked thoughtful. "Well, it's hardly gossip, but there was a small town I ventured through up North whose Elysium had been burned down due to a rampant forest fire in the area," she stated softly, "much the same is true of the Temple that had stood as my home. The heat, it seems, has caused issues for a few of us in the North-East..."
    Former Player of:

7. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Sinead's kind and reassuring words raise a bright smile...Martha, beaming and bashful, nods grateful thanks to Sinead.

"Thank you."
    she murmurs gently.

As Sinead outlines the harrowing story of the northern fires eyes widen and she shudders.

"Goodness me!" she nods again, "California does seem susceptible to such fires!" blinking, she rubs at her stump and upper part of her peg leg before adding; "...one wonders how much of it is arson though, rather than merely an act of nature. I recall reading about a Californian fire investigator, Mr John Orr, who was responsible for millions upon millions of dollars worth of property damage and even murder, through his own acts of arson! Thoroughly perverting his fire investigation skills!" she gasps. Horrified at the thought that officials trusted to the public good should turn to Evil.

Wide eyed and clearly fascinated by this, her gaze looks to the eerily lovely Sinead as if seeking and inviting Sinead's own insights on this matter.

"That is most unfortunate," Sinead sighed softly, shaking her head as she listened to Martha's account, her brows furrowing briefly before she shook her head a little bit. "Every being has the potential for evil, it seems, some for amusement and others for profit... with our Temple in Yarmouth, I suspect foul play. But now is not the time to look into it, despite my desire." Her brows furrowed further for a moment, before her expression cleared and her eyes settled on the Seneschal once more.

"As to the Elysium I passed, my understanding is that it was, in fact, in line with a forest fire that had begun nearly three days prior. The locals had plenty of time to move things in preparation, but there are times when things are simply the whim of powers greater than ourselves, be they whatever one deems that power to be," Sinead added, before giving a small smile and reaching to grab a small post card from her clutch, settling the warn, slightly singed object down to share with the woman.

"I found this outside of the ruins of my Temple and home," the blonde explained quietly. "Whether it is for a fresh start, or to learn what happened, it seems to me Cybele's will that I be here."
    Former Player of:

10. Likes Chrisie liked this post

Martha Villiers

PRE

Martha leans over to examine the glorious postcard with growing wide eyed excitement, nodding in clear enthusiasm.

"Goodness me! Quite so! A remarkable find and..." she nods eagerly, "...well, I agree! Clearly Cybele's Will...and a most mysterious project too!"

Looking back to Sinead she beams a sweet smile, asking with apparent sincerity;

"Please tell me, Miss; how can I help you make Cybele's Will manifest and settle into this Domain?"

Blue eyes settled on the Seneschal for a moment before slowly putting away the postcard. "I can't say that I'm unsurprised by the find, but She has yet to lead me astray, so I could hardly ignore the suggestion," Sinead smiled, shaking her head a little bit.

"If you could, perhaps, direct me to the Heirophant of the local Circle of the Crone that I might make appropriate contact with both them and, in whatever time may be available to her, the Nosferatu Priscus?" she inquired gently enough as she watch Martha curiously. She wanted to trust in the genuine nature of the woman, but kindred were at base not particularly genuine creatures. "I would hardly wish to inconvenience you in the slightest, however. And, of course, if there's anything you could tell me about the local laws and Elysium," she smiled, "I've been through many cities and many different laws recently, I wish to be certain that I have the correct set ingrained in me here."
    Former Player of:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread