Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(1407) Thyrsuscon 2014

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Autolycus

Oh. Oh.

Okay they had a thing going, that's why Animus looked like he'd been slapped on the back of his head with a board. Cool. Good for them. None of his business really.

The grill was his business though! He waves his tongs at the Ladies, a little surprised that he recognizes Idun. "Ah! Hello. I'm Autolycus. You know Striker?" He flips the corn over and starts planting bratwurst on the grill. "I think that's everyone I'm expecting, unless any of you know someone new in town?"

Idun fame check 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-16 04:38:45 Autolycus rolls 7 to Recognizing Idun Wits + Composure + Fame (10 Again) 4, 2, 5, 7, 3, 9, 8 2 successes

T

The one armed mage found himself quietly observing the interactions between the mages as the two ladies arrived. He was keen to get to know his fellow shamans, but Kiko and Animus obviously needed some time to reunite. Once the asian had introduced herself he nodded at her and replied, "Kiko. Call me Striker. Good to meetcha, and welcome back apparently."

As Idun approached he considered her hair. It was green when he'd met her at the field day. He decided that the black and red gave her a less airy, more down to earth yet still exciting and animated look. Plus, the tank and cargo pants matched the scheme and emphasised the hues of her hair.

"Good ta see ya again Idun. Nice colours ay." he said to her motioning to her hair. "Yeah, we met at field day," Striker continued, including Autolycus in his response as well now "an she invited me to the first aid course she's running. Good stuff mages helping each other out like that ay." It was something Striker appreciated in people in general, Sleepers and Mages alike. A willingness to knuckle down and put in some effort for the greater good.

k
    kimura

She smiled up at her Mentor/Friend/Older Brother/Father figure as she gave his hand a squeeze "I missed you as well but it seemed I needed to leave before I done something I'd regret later but to answer your question It was productive in a sense and elusive in others. I meditated a lot and went in search of answers within myself but if it wil come to fruition or not I guess only the Kami know such matters."

As Idun approached the child inside of Kiko lit up like a Christmas Tree! "Well that's a sight I never thought I'd see, a neutral colored rainbow pixie" the young woman grinned at the usually colorful one's choice of colors and wondered if, for the moment, the Rainbow Gods were pleased that they weren't taxed for various other colors someplace else.

She politely nodded to Auto when he went back to doing the food things as she looked at Striker and instantly everything in her would rearrange the world to give the man back his arm, because lets face it Kiko's just the kind of kind hearted Mage she'd try it.

"Striker, I like that name it's strong" she mentioned matter of fact as a hint of humor and seriousness in her voice were shortly followed by "If there is anything I can do for you, ask Ani-nii and Idun-chan, I'll help it's what I do, I help people."

Looking at the gathering she smirked impishly "I made some Sushi since well I thought why not and" she looked up at Animus and poked him in the tummy "don't make fun of me and my inability to understand the basics of amounts and you know.. people. I'm part cat after all"

Idun

PRE

"Yea, we did." Idun agrees with Striker. "As for the First Aid course, we'll likely be posting it when we are ready to run it."

"Sushi sounds good." She says after a period of silence.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus drops his apprentice' hand, just thankful for the familiar presence. "You do make for a cute kitten, it's true." The line is delivered lightly, perhaps as a joke. Then again, if the rumors of the cause of his absence are true ...

A glance thrown to Auto. "I don't know of anyone else who shares our path." Still living, at any rate. "Did you have a plan for this meeting? Or is it intended more as a low-key get-together?"

k
    kimura

Huh.. guess something happened while I was away..

The thought didn't sit well with the Shaman and she went oddly quiet afterwards, almost distant, aloof perhaps. She knew something was wrong she simply could taste it in the air and being empathetic was sadly a double edged sword at times.

Stepping away a few steps form Animus after picking up her basket she almost methodically pulled out enough sushi for easily 10 people as she placed them on the table she began thinking about various things as she cast glances at Animus and Idun feeling that Motherly instinct well inside her.

Autolycus

"Excellent! Everyone knows each other already, that's wonderful. Thank you for bringing sushi Kiko." It was a little disappointing that only one person brought anything to the barbeque, but who knows what it meant. Maybe everyone was too wrapped up in their own issues to consider it or maybe 'free food' was the extent of their interest in meeting their fellow shamans. He wondered if it really mattered in the end, because the results were the same.

And then someone asks the Big Question! "You," Autolycus says, clacking the barbeque tongs in Animus' general direction, "have no idea how happy it makes me that someone decided to ask that question, Animus." He looks around at the group as he turns the meat on the grill. "I trust that everyone is aware of the current state of the city? I called everyone together here because I want to know if everyone is content with the Counselors being pulled from Cabals instead of Paths."

T

Striker smiled at Kiko's compliment on his name. He didn't often meet someone so open and friendly towards him and it was refreshing. He gave her a nod of thanks when she offered her help, though he wasn't quite sure if she meant something in particular or not.

He was surprised at the amount of sushi coming out of Kiko's basket. He'd never tried sushi, but it looked like he'd be giving it a go today, if nothing else to help her use up her supplies.

Then Autolycus dropped the bomb. This whole BBQ is a political rally or something. "Oh yeah. Can I get anyone a beer?" He said as he went to raid the esky while he had a think about it. Counsellors from Paths as well as Orders. Well there's enough mages in the city to justify it I guess. Plus since nobody seems to know what's going on, maybe it'd be good to have some extra representation up there to make sure everyone's getting spoken for.

He pulled out a couple of cold ones, all he could carry in his one hand and looked around for anyone who wanted one.

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Talon turns Auto's statement over in his mind, considering implications, and particularly what it suggested about the man.

The response is slow in coming. "I take it there's a particular answer you're fishing for. I hope you won't object if I play devil's advocate for a moment."

A briefer pause, although it's readily apparent the elder shaman has no intent of being derailed.

"A cabal is trusted. It's their entire purpose as a social structure. Is there anyone here that each of us would trust to represent their interests?" Many possible answers. None necessarily right or wrong, but each would reveal a bit about the Mystagogue and his intentions.

Idun

PRE

"I'd like one, thanks." Idun tells Striker as she considers what Autolycus stated. She nods in agreement with what Animus has said about the Cabals, looking among the group.

"We did use to do Orders and Paths, I seem to recall how it was kind of a free for all. Cabals were fairly rare, now we have, what, four?" She recalls. "I recalled a meeting for the Path about electing an apprentice Councilor, I think we picked a guy who's named started with A? He left and thus the position was empty, yet again."

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread