31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1407) Thyrsuscon 2014

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick to question, slow to act. Throwing stones, rather than standing up for his convictions. Useless.

A withering reply springs to the Animus' tongue, but catches in his throat. Forgotten echoes, filtering from his subconscious. 'Ignorant beasts' ... 'run on all fours' ... 'Scooby Doos' ... 'get it out of his system'.

Are you an Angel, to pass judgement over humanity?

The Talon's aggression shatters, leaving behind a long moment of uncomfortable silence. "I thought to test you, but in truth Idon't have that right. You are, as you say, not of the Arrow. With that said, I wouldn't have bothered if I didn't believe you had potential."

A gaze sweeps between all present, momentarily settling on Striker's retreating back. Action and consequence. A web of interconnected Choices.

"I don't know whether changing how councilors are selected would be an improvement or not. But if you want my opinion? It's the symptom, not the cause. The Consilium will rise or fall by the number of people who care enough to take a hand in shaping it."

k
    kimura

She hated altercations as much as she hated her own emotions at times but a walk would do her some good.

"If you all will excuse me" she stood up and slightly canted her head to Idun and Animus then to Auto before she took a few steps towards Striker.

Once she got closer she spoke in her usual tone, which either got a smile, a puzzled look, or.. something else entirely "May I walk with you Sir? I am in the mood for a walk and well if you don't mind I'll walk with you until our Paths part ways, if that's alright with you?"

Autolycus

He honestly didn't care one way or another when Striker stalked off. He wasn't going to let someone get away with eating and drinking his stuff and giving him shit without giving it right back. Then Kiko leaves and there's the slightest twinge of disappointment. Was he out of touch?

No it's the others who were wrong. "And you're free to believe that Animus. I'm actually going to agree that you only get change when people care to change something. But while you're hoping that others care enough to try and affect change on the consilium, since I came to this city I seem to be the only one who's made any effort to foster some community within our Path. I'm not particularly skilled at that, obviously." He nods to the retreating backs of Kiko and Striker. "But hey, props for caring, right? Or perhaps I'm doing it wrong?"

Idun

PRE

Idun sighs at the mention of abandoned Cabals, as she gets the cap off. She takes a swing of her beer as she listens to the beginning of an argument. She watches Striker walk and soon Kiko follows.

She turns to look over at Autolycus and manages to still her tongue, after all, the last time the Path met, it cost one of them a Familiar to some Spirit of the Hunt. She would have mentioned that out of the five of them, only two of the Path were fresh faces among the Awaken. She also didn't want to bring up the point that their numbers have fallen since they last met as well.

She glances between the two, Alpha Males, asking, "So, are we going to keep biting each other's heads off or are we going to take a moment to cool our tempers? I mean, what's the point of getting angry at this place? Aren't we here to relax and shoot the breeze?"

5. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    T

Striker strode away purposefully. He didn't know where he was going. Just away. To the Circle maybe? Too... Structured. He turned his thoughts to things other than where he was going and let Fate guide his path.

That's not how you throw a bloody barbecue. Bringin' up politics and stuff. Jeez what an uptight son-of-a...

He was brought out of his thoughts by the innocent looking mage catching up to him. He realised he was tense when her voice made him relax, shoulder dropping an inch as he slowed his stride down to a more casual pace.

"Kiko. Hey. Yeah of course." Her politeness threw him for a second "Sorry for leaving just after I got introduced. It's just that..." arsehole. Something about the other mage made him tone his language down a notch "idiot, running his mouth, and he obviously didn't want me here. Dunno why I came in the first place." 'Cause it was a barbie, and you were giving the guy a second chance to prove he wasn't an arrogant, paranoid, control freak.

Striker didn't realise that he'd tensed up again, shoulder tight and a sour expression on his face.

OOC

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

A flicker of nervousness as Kiko dashes off after the other mage. It hurt, but neither of them truly hung in the balance.

Nor was it his job to clean up Auto's mess for him.

Idun earns herself an odd look. "I was under the impression that this was down a notch, but perhaps tastes differ on that matter."

A glance toward Auto. "How you approach a problem is your decision, of course. But the price of freedom is responsibility for the consequences. You wanted a different outcome. If you still wish for it, how will you repair the situation?"

k
    kimura

She looked up at Striker and nodded after he spoke "Yes he's.. As a Librarian I fail at trying to find the right words to describe him but yes he's.. rude at the very least but while he did put together this whole thing you could at least have something to eat. Plus I'd be honored if you stayed and I'm certain Animus and Idun would as well."

She placed a hand on his arm and smiled "How do you think I feel? I hate politics in all it's forms for good or Ill the whole thing makes me physically sick but hey, I brought fish and we have food and in a sense we are a spiritual Family, a Pack or Pride if you wish.. something I learned from my Brother."

She paused a moment to think, something it seemed their Path lacked at times, it's good to prove "the consensus" wrong "I'll let you in on a little secret though, I have more hatred towards things than most people could ever fully comprehend and Auto is one of them because for me Rudeness is a sin unto the highest of the Heavens and yet, I'm still here. I told you earlier if you needed my help I'd help so calm yourself Bushi" she gave his arm a gentle squeeze "If you are still intent on leaving then go with my blessings and may peace follow you until you arrive home safely." she leaned up and gently kissed his cheek.

"I'm also not your typical person either, makes people hate me but to change who I am, what I do is an affront to Nature and the Kami and how I was raised. Be safe and I hope we meet again, maybe I'll make tea then?" she gave the man a gentle smile stopped then bowed slightly before returning towards the group leaving Striker to contemplate what he wished to do.

She was after all who she was and nothing would change this.

Idun

PRE

"I apologize, I just thought that the tension between your was becoming rather disconcerting." Idun tells the pair, she pulls her drink to her lips and takes a few gulps of the beer. Given that both Striker and Kiko left, I just assumed it was going to lead to a fist fight.

Kiko and Striker haven't left, please do not God Mod. ~Cas

T

The predator does not pause for want of losing the prey, nor do the crashing waves stop to consider how the beach feels about its incessant pounding upon the shore. Nature does not think. It does not consider. It merely is, and has no thought for it effects those that live in it.

Yet there is what may seem to be consideration before the pounce as the predator waits for the moment that feels right to spring into action. There is also a type of slowness, at the turning of the tides the waves settle and calm themselves so that a change may occur and the massive weight of the ocean can slowly ebb away from the shore it has been harrowing. Not because the beach demands it, but because it is the way of nature to find an equilibrium and to move and flow so there is a balance.

Striker stopped as Kiko spoke to him. He didn't give a damn what people thought of him, but Kiko was different. There was something about her that seemed important to the one armed mage. Was it something he lost? Or something he never had, but yearned for, now too late to ever experience?

He watched her as she began to return to the BBQ, and he took in the other mages. His pathmates. He didn't need them. Didn't need anyone. He stood for a moment. Observing those whom he should be kin with. They walked the same path he did and he wanted to be able to call them his brothers and sisters. Was it worth losing this family for the sake of the attitude of one man?

C
    Casitive

Bugers, Beer, and Hot-Dogs are had by all, chatter continuing into the night.

This thread is one month old! Good Scene Everyone!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread