Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1407) Thyrsuscon 2014

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Autolycus

OOC: Hey everyone, sorry for getting this going late!

It's Summer. It's hot. It's BBQ season!

Auto had picked a date and time where the park wouldn't be crowded and he had rented the BBQ area out so they wouldn't have to fight anyone over the grills. He came with food and drinks, there was an ice chest with beer and water bottles, store bought potato salad, corn on the cob soaking for the grill, bratwurst, and three different kinds of jucy lucy, toppings and rolls to put it on. Paper Plates and plastic ware.

He put the burgers together the night before, so all it would take was someone telling him what they wanted and he'd grill it up. The chicken curry burger was a patty made from ground chicken stuffed with a mild curry, scallions, cilantro, red bell pepper, and minced ginger. The wild mushroom and blue cheese was ground beef mixed with hot sauce and stuffed with sauteed mushrooms and blue cheese. The BBQ ghouda was beef stuffed with barbecue sauce and crumbled gouda.

There was condiments, there was pickles, there were sliced onions and tomato, there were jalapenos, there was sauerkraut, there was all kinds of stuff to eat. Hell, Auto figured that even if nothing else got done, the shamans of the pentacle would at least go home well fed. He had made enough that he knew he was going to go home with plenty at the end of the day.

Second Sight potency 1, Organic Resilience potency 3
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-11 18:36:29 Autolycus rolls 6 to Organic Reselience improvised (Gnosis + Life - 2 duration + 2 high speech) (10 Again) 6, 8, 8, 9, 1, 4 3 successes
    2014-07-11 18:35:47 Autolycus rolls 4 to Second Sight improvised (Gnosis + Spirit) (10 Again) 7, 8, 4, 4 1 success

T

Striker had seen the notice for the BBQ, for the Thyrsus crowd no less. He didn't have his phone at the time and still didn't have the need or desire to get into the whole e-mail thing so hasn't managed to contact Autolycus. He realised he was out-of-touch in this area but he wasn't missing out on anything as far as he knew, except for millions of dollars from various Nigerian royalty.

He went to the time and place specified, hoping the thing was on. He loved a good barbie, the outdoors, the smell of good food cooking, havin' a good time talkin' with mates. Well acquaintances in this case. Striker realised that he didn't know who the Thyrsus were in the city. There was Auto, which seemed odd in the brief encounter Striker had had with him. Was that funky haired doctor/mage from field day a shaman? He thought that's what Idun had said. A bunch of other people seemed to be fairly proficient with Life, though he hadn't noticed so much Spirit work so far, maybe they just studied Life for the obvious benefits of helping you not die.

He'd opted to try for his Spirit eyes rather than the usual Life, hoping to learn more about his other primary and was pleasantly surprised at how well it took. Then he put up the usual Resilience. He'd souped up his Stamina as well, Paradox not letting him get away with the infraction of nature, but he'd taken the temporary pain to make the spell stick.
      Spells cast in private
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-11 20:17:11 Striker rolls 5 to Honing the Form (Stamina)(Vulgar) (Rote Res+Ath+Lif+HS-12hrs-1dox=5) (10 Again) 5, 6, 4, 9, 9 2 successes
    2014-07-11 20:16:04 Striker rolls 1 to Paradox (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2014-07-11 20:15:45 Striker rolls 6 to Organic Resilience (Gn+L+HS) (10 Again) 7, 3, 8, 5, 10, 7, 3 2 successes
    2014-07-11 20:14:12 Striker rolls 4 to Second Sight (Spirit+Gnosis+HS2) (10 Again) 1, 10, 9, 8, 9 4 successes

As he approached the BBQ area he noticed the impressive setup and Autolycus amongst it, alone.
    First here huh. Well good, maybe I should ask him about the whole burger joint incident and get that cleared up.

"G'day Auto mate. Sorry I didn't let you know I'd come. I've only just got a phone."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

pot. 4 Pulse; pot. 5 OrgRes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-12 12:10:47 Animus rolls 10 to Gno + Lif - 2 (24hr) (10 Again) 2, 4, 1, 9, 8, 10, 3, 2, 5, 4, 10, 9 5 successes
    2014-07-12 12:10:26 Animus rolls 10 to Gno + Lif - 2 (24hr) (10 Again) 2, 4, 3, 8, 6, 10, 2, 1, 9, 4, 9 4 successes

Animus wasn't sure what to expect. With Kiko and now Kite out of town, he'd been tempted to skip out entirely. Would there even be anyone he recognized?

Still, some days social ties were the only things that kept him going; the need to have people he cared enough about to protect. And few came as close to understanding as his fellow Shamen.

So it's with mixed feelings that the Talon drags himself to the barbecue, but attend he does. Striker gets a brief nod of greeting before he turns to regard Auto. "I don't think we've actually met yet. I'm Animus."

Autolycus

Autolycus extends his hand to Animus in greetings. "Nice to meet you Animus, I put this together to address that. There were more of us in the city when I decided to get it set up though." Samus and Kite were the ones he knew about, he hoped that whatever took them out of the city wasn't hazardous.

"Don't worry about it Striker, only Kiko said anything. I ended up getting our numbers from the Herald, I'm sure everyone was really busy." It was something of a rebuke, even if it didn't have much teeth behind it. "I think we're just waiting on her and Idun now? I've got beer and water in the cooler there, I've got the corn on the grill and I'll put the Brats on in," Autolycus checks his watch, "about fifteen minutes and burgers five minutes after that. I made chicken curry burgers, wild mushroom and blue cheese burgers and BBQ ghouda burgers if you want to pick? Everything should be done about the same time."

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Animus tracks the words, at first barely processing them. The delay is noticable before a look of bewilderment hits. "Wait, Kiko?!" Thoughts plow through his mind, trampling over each other and momentarily precluding words as he shakes his head helplessly. "But she ... when did she get back?"

Autolycus

Autolycus shrugs. "I'm not sure, a couple weeks ago maybe? I think she's bringing fish." He had an upcoming meeting with her about Order business that he hoped would go well, but none of the other Thyrsus needed to know about internal Mysterium matters. "Are you okay?"

T

Sounded like a lot of fancy food for a BBQ. Striker just expected some snags in bread. Onion if he they were lucky.

"Looks like a good spread Auto." He said to the other mage. "What about Idun? She's Thyrsus too right?" he asked.

k
    kimura

Cast in her Car when arrived
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 17:55:09 Kiko rolls 11 to Second Sight Rote + HS (10 Again) 6, 10, 8, 2, 9, 9, 4, 3, 3, 8, 10, 4, 5 6 successes
    2014-07-13 17:53:52 Kiko rolls 8 to Improvise [Organic Resillience] Life 3 + HS (10 Again) 3, 2, 9, 1, 3, 3, 4, 6 1 success

The young woman entered to the area wearing a mostly white and red outfit and sandals [red shorts laced in white and a white t-shirt with "Protect your humans health" and a cat resting on the head of a sleeping person] , for those that understood or cared for such matters may recognize them as predominate Shinto colors.

The young woman's hair was in a simple braided ponytail tied off with her seemingly signature green ribbon and carrying, oddly enough, an actual picnic basket.

To those that knew her she seemed, different somehow. Perhaps her trip changed something about her or she found something? In time it may become apparent.

Once she seen Animus her heart, and her soul, roared and started purring fiercely at the sight of one of the only few that seemed to know her and her own failings and her own personal quest.

The one person currently she knew and one she'd reduce the world to ashes to protect.

Once she was closer she stopped and stared at Animus then when he looked her way she'd give him a full and proper bow "I've returned Oniichan, forgive me for not letting you know before hand. I've missed you and this place and it seems I am suppose to be here."

Once she said her piece she approached approached him and for the moment, ignored all others as she sat the basket down then gave him the biggest strongest hug she could muster burying her head into his chest closing her eyes recalling perfectly his heartbeat from memory she stepped back and smiled up at him with a faint blush.

Turning to look at the others present she inclined her head "I'm Kiko, nice to meet you"

Idun

PRE

Done at home|Potent Shield is 1
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-07-13 22:17:58 Idun rolls 7 to Life + Gnosis + HS (10 Again) 1, 5, 8, 3, 2, 4, 4 1 success

Idun arrives after parking her car. Her hair is dyed red and black, she's wearing a crimson tank top with a pair of black cargo pants with brown hiking boots. Her cell phone, wallet, and keys in various pockets while around her neck is a leather necklace with a wooden pendant featuring a tree in a circle.

As she nears, she can make out those she expected along with a new face she hasn't been introduced to. "Hey, good to see you guys again." She says, looking at those she knows before looking towards Autolycus, introducing herself, "I don't believe we've met, I'm Idun."

- 1 Mana for it to hold for a day

Animus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Auto's words reach the elder shaman distorted, as if he were listening from under water. It didn't seem real, that Kiko could have returned. So difficult to process, much less form a response.

And then she's standing in front of him. For a moment he simply blinks, hardly daring to believe. He drifts over to Kiko, one hand catching her own before he even dares to speak, voice trembling. "I missed you, kitten. Have you found ... what you sought?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread