Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Ungirly Girls Doing Girly Things

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Did she enjoy shopping? No. Did she accept that it was, in fact, a necessity of life? Yes.

With her new job around the corner, and a promise made to Avis, Zoey got herself dressed in something that would be easy to change in and out of before knocking at Avis' door. "Vee, let's get to the mall before it gets uncomfortably busy if we're doing this, okay?"

It was safe to say neither of them were big people people, so at least the notion that this shouldn't take too terribly long made the thought a bit easier. They'd get in, do their thing, get out... it would be good. They could bond again, without the sushi, and get shit done that needed doing.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Something muffled was shouted behind the door. Then seconds ticked by. After about thirty of them the door opened a crack and Avis slid out, dressed in, surprise-surprise, tennis shoes, grey sweatpants, and a grey hoody. Yes, even though it was summer. Just more physical proof that it was past time to hit the clothing racks at, well, wherever they were going. Zoey didn't seem like the thrifting type, which was strange considering how much she liked digging into the past, but then again there was a big difference between textiles from the 20th century and stone tablets from the 2nd.

She locked her door and then turned to face the other warlock. "Hey, sorry. I'm all ready to go. I, uh, know one thing that I need to get, but that's it. Figured I could use some help making the list for the rest of the stuff. You mind giving some advice?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Not a problem," Zoey yawned lightly, stretching a bit before offering a smile and heading towards the car. "Stuff for work, right?" she inquired, unlocking the car and taking a seat on the driver's side, putting the key in and buckling up. "I unfortunately need business attire myself," she sighed. "Pencil skirts and blouses, and probably some stockings and a pair of pumps," she added. For herself her mind certainly wasn't on a thrift shop, she needed things that would fit appropriately and...

... well, actually a thrift shop hadn't settled into her head at all. The sympathetic connections on used clothing made her entirely uncomfortable. That didn't mean she needed to do anything high-expense, though. She was reasonably sure neither of them could actually afford that.

"Do you have any idea what else you need?" A lot, but Zoey wasn't going to make that insinuation. If they made the list before even getting there, that would cut down the need to be there even further.

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"No, I don't need stuff for work. I mainly work at night, so I don't have to dress for anyone, and I have a uniform anyways. Nah, I need stuff, for, ya know, appearing normal," Avis clarified. "More regular. Better able to blend in, and maybe a bit better for warm weather. It got hot in Chicago, too, but I didn't have any extra money so I just kinda dealt with it. Besides, the winters were much colder so it was more important to buy clothes for that.

"But, um, anyways, you usually look normal. Kinda upscale, but normal, so I thought you'd have good advice on, uh, what to buy."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

5. Likes Origins, RebornSeas liked this post

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

For a moment, Zoey found herself flattered by the notion that she 'usually looked normal'. Truly flattered. She couldn't really put a finger on why, but it simply left her to chuckle a little bit. "Alright. I have to go somewhere that'll cost a pretty penny for two outfits, but then we can trudge on over to..." she paused after a moment, glancing at Avis. "Never mind, I'll do that another time." Why make the girl suffer through shopping any longer than she had to?

"We can head down to like... JC Penny, or something? I'm more partial to Walmart and Target," she gave a light shrug, "but I mean, they're general buy whatever you need stores."

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Look. I know those names, and I've seen adds on like buses and stuff, but I haven't been clothing shopping in, like, a long time, so I have no idea. You drive wherever you want to go. I'm just along for the ride." Avis shrugged, hands up. Zoey was nice enough to help her out. She wasn't going to be picky. Not that she really could be, but still.

"The one thing on my list is a new pair of shoes. Feet are the most important part of the body, and I walk a lot, so it's time to get something with new padding and support. And--I kinda saw something in an add that I like. Everything else I'm not sure about. So what are the, I don't know, top ten things you couldn't live without?" Ok, so she'd tried to do some research on it. The web could be a bad influence. And truthfully, she would have preferred to just buy everything online, but the sizing and shipping and everything else made it seem like too much of a hassle. Especially since, while she had money for some new clothes, she had none to spare, so it all had to be exactly right. So brave the stores she would.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

Zoey tilted her head before granting a nod and starting off down the road. Department store it was. Shoes. Clothes. That kind of thing. That wasn't so difficult. She pondered Avis' question for a few minutes, though, before she spoke.

"Top ten things I couldn't live without. I'm going to assume this discounts undergarments and applies specifically to clothing," she added, wryly. "A tanktop, a pullover, a pair of comfortable pants, a pair of comfortable shorts, a good jacket, one nice black dress - seriously you never know when that could be useful," she grumbled, "fuzzy socks," okay so she had a thing. She liked fuzzy socks. "And plain socks, obviously. A sweater and a button up blouse." That was about it. Top ten things? It about covered what she needed on a day to day basis. Of course, having more than one of each of those things could be nice.

9. Likes Origins, Cayce, West liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Um. Well, I do have to get those, but yeah, I meant just regular clothing," Avis replied from the passenger seat, surreptitiously looking out the window when she answered.

So. Tank top. Totally bare arms? Well, she already had something similar, and it might make a good under layer, so sure. Pullover? Had several, but they were threadbare, so check for that too. Comfortable pants?

"What do you mean comfortable pants? Sweatpants are comfy, but they're not that normal, ya know? Not that they're that strange, but they can raise eyebrows," Avis pointed out, looking back to the driving warlock. "I'm not so sure about the dress, or the socks, either." The shorts? well, maybe capris would count. That wouldn't be so bad.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Comfortable pants can be a pair of loose jeans, a pair of tight jeans, a pair of black pants... I prefer my jeans a little tighter, so they don't get caught on things, but it really depends on personal preference," she shrugged lightly. "Comfortable, practical pants." A small smile lit her features though as she cast a glance at Avis. "And I won't lie, just a little part of me wants to see you in a dress. But they are useful on many occasions," she added.

A part of her was pretty sure that no matter what she said on the subject, though, Avis wasn't much the girl sort. It just meant that one day down the line the girl would end up asking to borrow something of hers... would it even fit her? ... Hm. Well, they'd cross that bridge when it came to it. "But you asked me what I couldn't live without, and not everyone would feel the same as me. There are people who couldn't live without fishnets," Zoey pointed out, wrinkling her nose. "To each their own."

12. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"What? People wear fishnets? How?" The look she threw at Zoey was beyond incredulous. It was the kind of look someone would get if they suddenly declared that Paradox was kinda fun.

"Um, but that aside, I did ask for your advice, so thank you, and I'll take it."
    She did ask for normal clothes, not ones that would necessarily make her comfortable. "Will you help me pick the stuff out? I really wouldn't know where to start looking." Well, that wasn't exactly true. Being a thinking being, she could obviously puzzle it out but it would be much easier to have help. Would make it much faster too, and her ride seemed to be concerned about time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread