Watch

Hollow Victory

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5

John Gears
    John Gears

PRE

Did my roll in chat in case anyone was wondering or going through a Archive binge. 3 successes.

John though about that name for a moment. If his memory served right, Samuel "Mule" Dirglenicker was a Summer Court Beast, though the kith escaped him for now, who's life seemed to be wrapped in rumor and hearsay once he vanished out of the public eye and into seclusion. The stories say he was either a European settler coming to America, one of the first postmen in America or quite simply a Truck driver before the Gentry took him away to Arcadia and served as a Herald. Another rumor said he was offered the position of Summer Sovereign in a Freehold once but passed it on to someone else due to need to travel and wanderlust. Apparently a good example of a summer courtier and a expert hedge duelist.

And now it seems he's been crushed by giant yellow boulders in the end. Poor man. What a way to go. Became a legend and in the end got crushed by huge rocks with only a caterpillar with a napoleon complex for company. he shook his head and looked at chester. "Hey! I didn't ask to be stretched to be this tall." John Replied like he was personally offended by Chester's offence.

John Crouched down and took a few of the leaves. He was about to ask how the hell that works when a little voice chimed in his head. Its the Hedge. Nothing here makes perfect sense. Just roll with it. The Manikin shrugged and started nibbling on the leaves, not entirely sure they were safe for consumption.

"OH, WELL, EXCUSE THE HELL OUT OF ME, BIG NOB," Chester jokes. Then he sits down and devours the purple, crinkly, smelly leaves right along with John. "THE PACT IS FULFILLED, YE IS THE RIGHTFUL OWNER OF YELLOWSTONE HOLLOW, BIG JOHN. WHAT'S LEFT OF IT, ANYWAY."

When they've finished their breakfast, the caterpillar points to a still-standing tree in the front yard, the same the Birds were in the night before. "THA'S ME, THEN. HOLLER IF YOU NEED ANYTHIN'. BUT DON'T NEED ANYTHIN, OKAY, MASTER?" He goes back inside and comes back with his suitcase, waving off any help. Chester mumbles something and a door suddenly appears at the base of the tree. His suitcase clearly shouldn't fit, but does, easily, and the tiny goblin crawls in behind it, then the door vanishes.

And that's how John Gears inherited Yellowstone Hollow.

End Scene. Good job, DS

Page 5 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5
Closed Thread