Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Looking for Love (In All the Right Places)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Ah, the joys of the internet. Between all the online dating sites, facebook, and myspace, one could go out and find a date with relative ease. Tonight, however, Taylor McCoy was not using the internet to find new love -- instead he/she was searching for love that already existed between two people.

A quick Google search using important keywords like "Sacramento Married Church Couple" brought up an interesting website involving a community program that promoted good and healthy marriages, the Sacramento Healthy Marriage Project. The kine were very stupid too, they kept a page entitled "Hall of Fame" that listed the long lasting lovers worthy of note. Could Taylor have asked for anymore?

Out of interest for the privacy of the people actually listed in the SHMP Hall of Fame, I have opted to recreate the Hall of Fame page here with different pictures/information.

After some initial thought on the page, Taylor chose three couples that stood out the most to him/her...

************************************************** *************************************************
    -----------------------------------------

Dean and Teresa Thomas
    Married 58 years.

Teresa was a college graduate at City College on her way to a doctor's appointment.
    She missed her bus. Dean was an army tank mechanic working at the LA Base. He was
    driving around the city, saw her miss her bus and offered Teresa a ride. They must of had
    an enjoyable conversation because he asked her if he might call her.

Casually she agreed, though she was seeing someone else at the time.
    The young Dean made numerous calls to her home but with only one phone
    spoke to her grandmother. Teresa was busy like most students. When she
    decided to stop seeing the boyfriend she answered Dean's call one day and
    accepted a date to the state fair. Mostly to put the other fellow off.

Before the fair they both showed up at a party, each one noticing each other
    from a distance and not remembering they had met. ater when he went to her
    house, Shirley opened the door and they both burst out laughing. They
    She told a
    friend "I think he's cute." The friend replied, "He's so nice and polite too." A
    few days passed and they
    went to the fair and on top of the ferris wheel,
    he stole a kiss. They were married a year later. Sheila, their daughter says
    they still hold hands a lot and often fall asleep holding hands.

Justin and Grace Walters
    Married 16 Years

Justin met Grace one day while working his desk job at the N. Sacramento
    Police Station. Although he was just a call-center technician, he knew that when
    she called in distress that her voice was from heaven. Acting against protocol,
    he asked the distressed woman for her personal number. Not thinking clearly,
    she gave the man her number.

After her initial problem was dealt with, Justin made his move and gave Grace
    a call. She was a bit nervous to accept at first, but after their first date at the local
    Dairy Queen she was happy she gave out her number.

Being such a huge hockey fan, Justin took Grace out on a number of
    extended dates to hockey games in southern Canada. It was at a game that he
    proposed to her too. Since then every one of their anniversaries have been spent
    going on a trip to an exciting hockey game.

Joseph and Alice Cromson
    Married 61 years.

Don't let the picture fool you, these two church going people are madly
    in love and have spent over six decades together. An example of a true love
    story, Joseph found Alice in a repair/hardware store trying to buy the tools
    necessary to repair her plumbing on her own. The poor woman didn't
    know what she was doing, but luckily Joeseh was working there as a
    stockboy to help. Being such a good guy, he also offered to come and help
    her at her house.

She tried to pay Joe for his help, but he refused to take any money.
    Instead he said she could pay him by accepting an offer to go out for dinner.
    After so many years, they proudly claim to have dined at every restaurant in
    the Sacramento area. There's not a single dining establishment in the county
    which can't claim they haven't been graced by the Cromson couple. It's a proud
    claim indeed. To this day the Cromsons go out to eat four nights a week.

************************************************** *************************************************

Targets acquired...

Now was the costly part: a quick information search on each one. Once again, the internet had provided the shady Galloi with the only tool Taylor needed: http://www.ussearch.com/consumer/index.jsp . For such a small fee, $39.95, everything from criminal background to dental records would be laid bare.

Granted, Taylor McCoy was no fool. The money being used to pay for this service had been placed on a gift temporary debit card purchased at a Wal-Mart, paid in cash by an insignificant homeless man paid a large sum of money for his willingness to make the purchase with his ID. Not stopping there, even accessing the USsearch website was done through two proxies.

"Can't be too careful." Taylor smiled.

Without further delay, and with all the safety procedures in place, Taylor started his/her search on the three targeted couples...

Extended Thomas Couple Investigation

Extended Walters Couple Investigation

Extended Cromson Couple Investigation

((OOC: Four image per thread limit. >.<))

Taylor is able to find out the most about Grace and Justin Walters, including address, phone number and their Facebook pages.

He's able to find addresses for the other two couples, but the Cromsons apparently have an unlisted phone number.

The amount of knowledge attainable through the internet was astounding, and now armed with addresses, telephone numbers, and even facebook pages -- this was all flabbergasting. Taylor sat in his chair and considered the options at hand. The Thomas couple looked fairly old, but the Dean fellow still looked as if he were in good shape. The Walters couple had the most information available, but they were young able-bodied and well networked -- the facebook page made that much obvious. And lastly, the Cromsons looked very old slow and feeble but had the least information.

So many choices...

While Taylor thought, he twirled the ceremonial dagger his sire had gave him in his hand. Typically the blade was used only for the ritualistic use of the Taurobolium -- but it could also be used for other Samuel-related rituals. It was weighted perfectly, and he remembered reading some small books on dagger-fighting back under his sire's care.

Yes, this will be an excellent tool.

So what now? Honestly Taylor had thought this would be a long trial of calling these people and offering them special spa-related prizes, but that would leave an obvious trail. Perhaps it was the desire to get his gift early, but Taylor wanted this now. That left only one option: go directly to their house, break in, and blind the bitch. A disguise would be easy: trench coat, gloves, some pants and a shirt. The face? No problem. Tomorrow was the scheduled blood-bath, and without it Taylor looked nothing like the beautiful person he was now. Hell, without the blood bath he didn't even have hair. And to help the total body disguise: some bandages over the face should cover most of the disfigurement of the Nosferatu curse and still protect the masquerade. A quick trip to the thrift store and wal-mart would provide all this.

This left the whole night to plan. And who better to plan with than a good friend? Taylor flipped open his phone and gave an old friend a call...

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean shows up to Taylor's place a little later. He enters, looking for his friend.

The front door to McCoy Spa and Bath is left unlocked for Sean. Almost immediately upon entering, Taylor comes out of the back room and is overjoyed to see his friend. "Sean, good to see you!" He exclaims loudly. "We haven't seen one another since Club Inferno! Come, follow me, I have something I'd like to discuss with you."

Sean
    Sean

PRE

"Yo! Taylor! It's been too long." Sean follows his friend "So what's up?"

"Not much." Taylor replies as she walks Sean toward the back room. "I'll be blunt Sean, I have to blind someone and I'd like some help."

Sean
    Sean

PRE

Sean stares at his friend for a moment then shakes his head "Wait. What? You need to what? Blind someone? What the fuck for?"

Taylor shook his head to express the negative. "I can't tell you why Sean. You'll have to take my word on that."

Opening the door to his office, Taylor held it open for his friend. "I'm asking you for help on this because you're the one person in this city I can actually call a friend. Sure, I have associates in the Carthian Movement and other people I smile and nod to at court. But you, you're someone I trust."

I hope that didn't sound too manipulative, it's the truth.

"
    I hope that didn't sound too manipulative, it's the truth."

Oh shit.

"Oh shit."

Suddenly it dawned on Taylor that this meeting may not be going as he intended it to.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread