It was a wonderful summer day and Coco had decided to take a nice stroll in a scenic part of the city and perhaps watch some of the Sacramento wildlife. She'd stumbled upon a bakery on her little jaunt and had nipped in to buy a nice loaf of polenta bread before continuing her promenade. The curve of blue hovering above her seemed impossibly deep today, almost like a brandeis or an azure, and the dance of chartreuse, malachite, and forest green leaves was particularly enchanting against such a vivid backdrop. It was fascinating how light could create such dynamic visions of green when passing through tree canopies! What a beautiful wildlife refuge! Or perhaps zoo was a better term. Either way, Coco quite enjoyed wandering down the paths of Sacramento State.

Nice as it was, eventually her feet grew sore in her boots and her coat proved to be an ill choice for warm weather, so she eventually migrated of of the Sacramento State wildlife habitat and into a nearby cafe. Ah! So this was where the local fauna had gathered, doubtlessly fleeing the sun blasted campus for a nice air conditioned watering hole. A fine idea! Coco ordered a nice cup of Qi'Lan Fireside Oolong tea (she had to blend in to avoid spooking them, after all) and looked for a nice seat, her antennae bobbing lightly above her forehead.

Ah! There was a delightful, brunette creature sitting alone at a table for two. A slight bend in her left knee, a shift in her weight onto her cane, and then she went shambling over to the table, tea precariously balanced in her right hand above her bag of bread.

"You don't mind if I have a seat, do you," she asked, setting her tea on the table across from the brunette woman and falling into the open chair.

"Um. There's an open table, like, right over there," the woman replied, delicate eyebrows arching in confusion, a well manicured nail pointing towards one of the few empty tables.

"If you have company coming, I'll certainly move, but, well, I need to rest for a moment. It's not so easy for me to get around a crowded cafe," Coco explained, an embarrassed smile appearing as she gestured at her cane.

"Oh, oh. I'm so sorry, I didn't see. Sure, have a seat. I'm almost finished with my coffee anyways, don't worry about moving."

"Oh, thank you!" Coco gushed. "That's so nice of you! I really shouldn't have been walking as much as I have been, but I really wanted to check out the campus. I was thinking about transferring, and I just fell in love with what I saw. Do you go here? Oh! I'm Coco by the way," she exclaimed holding a hand out.

"Uh, yeah. I'm Chloe,"
the brunette replied, lightly taking the fire-haired wasp's hand and shaking it. "So, what are you majoring in?"

"Oh! Theater! The stage is where I belong, cane and all."

Chloe let out a snort of laughter. "I should have guessed. Only a theater student would wear a jacket like that when it's over eighty degrees."

"What can I say? I just adore the epaulets," Coco replied, striking a dramatic pose in her seat.

"You know, they make detachable chain epaulets. You can drape them over anything."

"Oh, sure, but you need the jacket to properly frame them. Besides, what woman could possibly resist gold braid?" Coco replied with a roguish smile and a wink.

Chloe just shook her head, grinning despite herself. "Well, it is a nice jacket. I'm not sure it's worth risking heat stroke for."

"Fashion is never easy, my dear, but it's always worth it. Don't pretend you don't know."

"Um. Thanks?"Chloe replied, flushing under the heat in the other woman's gaze. Was she getting hit on? Except, then, suddenly she felt the fire haired woman's gaze sliding off her and an idiot grin of joy lit up her features as she saw something in the back of the cafe. She took the bread out of it's bag and started ripping little chunks off and gathering them into her hands.

"What are you doing?"

"Shhhh. Don't ask questions. I'll be right back," Coco replied sprining out of her chair and prancing off further into the cafe.

"What? Don't you need your cane?" Chloe asked incredulously, seeing the other woman almost dancing to wherever she was going. What the hell was she doing? And with the bread? Then, suddenly, Chloe saw it. A table of girls in the back were laughing and taking pictures of each other on their phones, lips pursued in that infamous expression splattered all over Facebook and plaguing the concept of feminine beauty everywhere. "There's no way," she muttered, almost refusing to believe it as the realization dawned in her mind. But no, she wasn't wrong. As soon as Coco got over to the table she started flinging little bits of bread at the girls, pieces of delicious carbohydrates bouncing off of foundation covered faces, painted lips, and carefully styled hair. A rain of cornmeal infused bread assaulted the young women, punishing them for using that most horrid of poses: the duck face. Squeals and expletives trailed after Coco as she dodged back toward the table where Chloe sat, an amused yet horrified expression on her face.

"Haha! I love feeding the ducks!" Coco cried, snatching up her cane and the rest of the bread before fleeing, giggling out of the shocked cafe. She kept giggling all the way back to the bus, antennae twitching, feeling tingly after such a rush of anger, surprise, and amusement.