Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1407) Baldwin and Sage

THREADID
    P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin smiled politely to the Lady of the First Estate, his usual poised manner giving off an impression of comfort in the setting that was pierced everywhere by the constant pushing of the Menace.

"I am well, Lady Sage. I hope you are, also?"

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

There was a nod as she listened, “I am as well as can be, thank you for asking.” Without taking her eyes away from Peter, she felt the press of new Beasts. Issuing a growl, her own Beast snarled and pulled at its chain. As she exerted control over it, she smiled to the Knight, “I wished to offer an apology for the last Court. I removed myself from the situation after Reeve Connery made his request because there was not much else I could do. I said my peace to Miss Star, and stand by my words. But I also want to make sure you know I stand behind and support the Order of the Thorned Wreath.” She knew she owed no explanation to anyone, but she respected Peter, and wanted to make sure there were no hard feelings or misunderstanding.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

P
    Peter Baldwin

The Menace's lunatic gaze remained on Sage, clashing with Baldwin's polished poise as she apologized to him. When she finished, he smiled, which did little to crack his Curse's endless tension but was an appropriate expression of acceptance.

For every interaction, a formula.

"Not to worry, Lady Sage. You have been very supportive of me and our Order since we met, and your apology is accepted. I apologized for my part in what happened, and am going to fix it - which is actually what brings me to you. I'd like to register a minor boon to Reeve Connery's office, but since there is not a Harpy at this time, Reeve Connery told me to register to the boon with you in the interim."

SL •• (Exotic Beauty)
    Presence •••• (Graceful)
    Daniella Sage

PRE

She offers her own smile, “Thank you, I just wanted to make sure there was no misconception.” She replied, grateful.

Internally she sighs, a punishment was to be expected, and as far as they go, this one was minor. “Consider the Boon registered. It was an unfortunate turn of events that evening, one I wish had been handled differently on all fronts.” Like behind closed doors, where it could of remained an Invictus issue, and could have been handled as such. “But what’s done is done, and we can all do our best to avoid such a situation again.” She made sure to place no blame on anyone.

But then she heard it, the conversation going on between Edwin and Roderick. Her Beast let out a battle cry of rage for the words spoken. Did she just hear more threats being made in an Elysim?! Her head snaps to where the two Kindred stood, her eyes going hard.

Sir Baldwin would be able to pick up on the change in her, from relaxed to predatory mode in a matter of seconds.

Gritting her teeth, she looks back to Sir Baldwin, trying to smile, “I hate to cut our conversation short,” she said with a slight pout, “But it seems we are about to have a repeat of last Court.” She says, moving her eyes to the offending Kindred. “I realize you are a very busy man, but I would be honored if you would accompany me while I address the matter.” The way she spoke, it was an invitation, one Peter could turn down if he wished. Her eyes quickly scan for Dillon, and doesn’t see him yet. Well…she did wear the Keeper hat.

She will then stride with purpose to this thread.
    Presence •••• (Graceful)│Striking Looks •• (Exotic Beauty)│Mask of Tranquility│Blush Active in Public│British Accent│ WP: 4 Vitae 7

P
    Peter Baldwin

Sir Baldwin nodded in tacet agreement. She was correct. The situation at the last Court had been most unfortunate. He did not mind owing the Reeve a boon - after all, service to the Domain was important - but Velma Star...

...well. She had extended an olive branch. And he hoped that Lady Saito and Madame Star could square away whatever had caused their differences. That situation had been stunning.

His thoughts were interrupted. So too was their conversation. He'd heard it too. The threats, uttered by a man who really, really needed to not get into trouble right now. A man who Peter Baldwin knew wanted to do great things, to prove himself to the First Estate --

--but who would not get the chance. Not if Dillon Connery's promise held true.

"Indeed, we are... Lady Keeper, it would be my pleasure to accompany you."

And Sir Baldwin matched her step for step, following the Keeper of Elysium in her appointed rounds. Hopefully, Mr. Pearson could pay this off fast enough...

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.