161 - 170
DISPLAYED
Midsummer's Yield

Page 17 of 18 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
    G
    Greebs

Did his answer surprise her?

Yep.

She was used to getting shouted down, pushed back out into the cold, hell - he could have called her out. Fisticuffs for the Crown at a Funerary gathering. So very Summer.

He was right - he was new here.

The Wolf inside baulked at such a display of weakness as asking for help. Her more rational self, however was pleased he would rather ask for help than continue to muddle through in obscurity. She salved that lingering desire to be Top Dog. To be Alpha, with thoughts of opportunity of advancement within the pack. Devil's Advocate was a hell of a step up from Black Sheep.

"An interesting choice of phrase for a Priest." She said, with a slight creasing at the corner of her lip. "But I have been honest inmy dealings with you so far - and I see no reason to change that."

A
    Ambrose

Reef plods along, grabbing a plate and methodically piling it with potato and pasta salad, steak and roast veggies. The other food looked good, but Reef was a man of simple pleasures, and sticking to the familiar for now seemed like a good idea... It beat the algae and plankton he'd eaten while at sea by a long shot anyway.

"I, uh, used to be a Carpenter... Before things happened, I guess. I washed up here a few months ago, bin turning up at these events since... It's nice to see people like me, remind me I'm not the only one like this." He raises a barnacle encrusted arm as if to demonstrate. His eyes meet the unsettling darkling's gaze, locking onto his eyes with his trademark curiosity. "What's your story?"

Reef was sure it was an interesting one, human pumpkins weren't your everyday fare.

E
    ErlangShen

The Darkling hung his cane on his forearm, grabbing a plate and picking up much the same food as Reef did. The food smelled better than what he was accustomed to. "A carpenter? Good skills to have." He nodded at the Elemental's arm, "It is true, misery does love company."

From right side to the lift, his clinked teeth in sequential order, "Mine's a bit more...thematic in who I am today." He plopped another steak onto his plate, "I was out on Halloween night. Went to the wrong house." The Jack O'Lantern shook his head, pushing away the memory of his past life. "Wound up in San Diego. Local Freehold found me while I was working at a haunted house. Needed a change of scenery, headed up here."

Morgan Bellanar

PRE

Morgan herself hadn't even noticed the food in Ava's teeth until the fish-girl started cleaning. She tried to avoid looking at teeth too much, wanting to avoid old phobias. Even more then a year after escape it was still hard to get over having been prey. So she coughed lightly and pretended not to notice.

The Beast tilted her head as Aaren spoke. The Fairest's poetic analogy took a moment for the raccoon to process. Was it truly Spring for Sacramento's Lost? Folks seemed too wary still. Still looking for answers or a trump card. Which was the other side of Autumn that Morgan preferred, despite her problems as a Beast. "S-seasons are more then one th-thing. I KNOW I d-d-fail at being scary in-in-spite of Autumn. E-each Season h-helps some way to-to prepa-pepper-pear or-or something like...like..."

Morgan had a look of serious concentration. After a moment, she shrugged, "H-heh-hope for good, prep-repair for bad, a-and be r-ready to leg it? Eeeh, no-no-no, last-ee way too nega-nelson. Um? Maybe just hope-n-girding parts, heh." Yeah, she may have just spoken too much there.

Coco!
    Presence
    (Fierce)
    Dexterity
    (Agile)
    Coco

Mask: A slim, young woman with dyed hair, a mischievous smile, and laughing brown eyes.

Mien: Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace.

Additional Identifying Features:
    A tattoo of a jeweled wasp sits perched atop a thick and gnarled white "branch" that stretches several inches upwards from her left wrist, though the branch is clearly a scar.

A tattoo of a frayed, torn, and dirty golden banner trails around her right wrist, with another long scar forming the "mounting" for the banner.
    Coco's Mien

Coco's eyes are split into four facets that give a kaleidoscope appearance to her irises and two delicate antenna are perched on her forehead. Her nails are also like pieces of black carapace, and her waist is tapered much like a wasps.

Mantle:
    Surrounding Coco is the subtle sensation of warm sun and the smell of fresh, floral growth.

PRE

Wyrd
    ••
    Dancer Skitterskulk

"Shall we toast to steadfast Spartan and the memory of his stoic stand," Coco suggested, offer Rick the second beverage.
    Pres 3 (Fierce), Dex 4 (Agile), Fairest Dancer/Skitterskulk. Mantle 1: Scent of Pollen

Lucas Gregory

Lucas stood, still clutching his Bible. "Malory Grey, would you stand as my right-hand as Iron Adjudant in these testing times, to ensure I stand firm and do not sway from my duties? For doing so, your mind shall see things in a new light. Failure on your part to do your duty, however, will see you stripped of these boons and be cursed for some foreseeable time."

Corporal Pledge of the Iron Adjutant

G
    Greebs

Mal blinked. This was, perhaps a rather underwhelming expression of her surprise, so a heartbeat later, she staggered backwards, pole-axed.

She had expected some sort of barely-official, collaborative position - not to be bounced straight up to number two in the fucking court!

Wonder-boy's going to be pissed.

She thought, briefly of purple dragons. As was appropriate, today of all days. The previous holders of the ruling seats of the Court had left some big shoes to fill - but perhaps, having been vacant so long, she would not simply be cowering in their shadow. Things had moved on... of a fashion.

She tried to marshal some dignity - there was no way her pride would allow her to turn down something like this, whatever her misgivings. But it had to be done right. She couldn't just babble an acceptance while she was still off-guard.

"On the Iron Spear itself, I swear I will stand." Mal said, putting word to deed by standing as tall, and as proud as anyone could at five-foot-nothing.

Stand. Not Serve. He had said 'Stand'.

This might not turn out so badly after all...

Mal spends -1 Willpower to confirm the Pledge.

Lucas Gregory

A nod. That was all the movement of satisfaction the Summer King gave to his new Iron Adjutant.

"Come, let us rejoin this ceremony," Lucas said, the Bible back in both hands now. "Seems I will have eyes judging me a lot from now on, hmm?"

G
    Greebs

Mal gave a shrug. Apparently they were a pair, not great on satisfaction. "They always have been." she shot back, in the sort of dry wit that passed for humour when you were that much of a grump. "You just made it my job to air them."

L

"To him and everyone else who's fallen in service to this freehold. They're all deserving of a toast." Even if the drink in question was soda, as opposed to a proper alcoholic beverage. In any event he accepted to the drink, cracking it open and raising it for a toast. "To those who've sacrificed so the Freehold could endure, may they never be forgotten."

Page 17 of 18 First ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 Last
Closed Thread