Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

The Herald and a Threat

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

After the conversation he had with Auto, Orpheus had been considering finally making a run through the snack bar to grab a beer or something.

Guess it'll have to wait 'til the Byzantine.

"That's fine." He nodded and gave a friendly smile. People were supposed to be coming to him for this stuff anyway. "Just a few questions and you'll be set."

"Firstly, What's the name of your group, and have you decided to claim any kind of... Well, territory? I suppose that's the best way to put it."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis came trotting up and stopped next to Zoey, arms crossed.

"Hey, sorry. I'm, uh, in the same cabal." she explained, gesturing towards the Guardian with her head, deliberately not moving her arms. "Don't mind me, just thought I'd help you match a face to a name. I'm Avis."

She really hoped the herald didn't. Her, or the smell. God, she felt like she'd walked out of the field day and into a job interview.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He wasn't sure who the guy was, but he'd seen a convergence. Most likely Somebody, and after the text Mandy had sent, it didn't take an Epopt to figure it out. So, you know. Represent.

Oh, yeah. He'd seen this guy. Running and doing the William Tell thing. Well. Not William Tell, exactly. Thankfully. He totally should have worn a sticker thing. HELLO MY NAME IS HERALD.

Serious Face time.

Where was Asp? They'd all done well at Arrowlympics. We're legit, yo.

"Uh, me too."

Minimal on the words. Just to establish he wasn't rubber-necking. Sigil Holder would do the talky talk, right?
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

A
    Asp

Asp made her way up, catching the end of what was going on. Introduction of the Cabal, as Mandy had promised. She gave the Herald a little wave and brought her water bottle down with the opposite hand.

"Asp. I'm with them, as well."

Was this the part where they all put their power rings in and said, "with our powers combined..."?

Captain Planet, he's our hero, gonna take the Seers down to zero...

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

Letting each of her cabalmates introduce themselves in their own time, Mandy shook her head a little and offered a hand to the Herald. "I'm Ozymandias - just Mandy is sufficient - the Sigil Holder for Veiled Threats," she gestured absently to the other three. "We have made a Sanctum of [ADDRESS], The Fourth Wall, and discussion of any further territory is yet to be decided. Given the flux, it seems better to wait for things to settle before making any further declaration of territory.

"We abide by all of the Great Rights in that current territory, and any further territory we might discuss at a later time,"
    she explained calmly, not pausing to check with her cabalmates on the subject. There was no reason to. She was representing them, and that required that she show confidence in what she was saying. If there was anything Mandy was good at, it was being confident in what she was saying.

There's a minute lift of the eyebrows when three more faces suddenly join. Faces he knew of course, just... Sudden. It passes quickly and there's a smile and nod for each new face. "Well then." Quick introduction in Order "I'm Orpheus, nice to meet all of you."

It was really convenient, actually. Totally forgot to ask member names. What a goof!

And the Rights were clarified as well, perfect. Odd, though, wasn't expecting an expecting an exact address. Wasn't like he or the Consilium sent announcements by post.

Maybe he'd make an exception. Paper mail it is.

"Perfect." He responds. "That's all I need." There's a momentary look to each Mage. Lots of event winners here, set the bar high for themselves. Good show.

"Welcome to Sacramento." He grins with a note of finality.

"So," He clasps his hands together "I'm about to make a run by the snack table for a drink, anybody want anything?"

Felt like the right thing to ask.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

That was easy. She blinked for a moment at that, then simply shrugged, reaching to pull a gatorade out of her bag. "I'm good, but thank you. I'm glad we could sort this out so swiftly." She cast a look to her cabalmates and chuckled a little, offering another shrug. That was relatively painless and informal. "... there you have it, folks. All official like."

Mandy couldn't help the little smile even as she pointedly moved to rustle Asp's hair on her way past, nudging Avis lightly with a shoulder and offering Cut a wink. "Done."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"That was," fast. Yeah, wow. Avis just kind of trailed off, surprised by how easy that was. That was probably one of the perks of the disorganized Consilium. No bureaucracy to deal with. It was a refreshing difference from Chi-town, which liked to throw around phrases like "in triplicate" and "only on business days", which was just fucked, so point #7 in Sacramento's favor.

"Um. Nice to meet you too, Orpheus. And, uh, thanks, but I'm good,"
    Avis added, nodding to the Herald. She felt like she should probably shake his hand or something, but her arms were not going to be moving so hopefully the nod would do. He wasn't particularly imposing but the whole "official title" thing infected her impression of him. The easy-going thing was probably just an act. Not that it really mattered, she didn't think he was out to get them or anything, but that didn't mean that the less time she spent talking with the Herald wasn't in her best interests.

She turned away, following after the shoulder-nudger.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Wasn't sure what he was expecting, but... OK.

Funny thing? When fauxbal was just a pretext to make a mana grab, the less there was to Getting Official, the better. Now that they were legit and kicking butt? Recognize, yo. Maybe it was the angel in him? Strobe lights. Movie Announcer Guy voice. Something, Mr. Herald. Throw a bone.

Other than, you know, eats off of Del Taco's spread. He held up a hand and shook his head in silent answer.

It's all good. Whatever. Tees crossed and eyes dotted.

He turned to hide the Goofy grin he gave the others. Because legit.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    A
    Asp

"No, thanks, Orpheus. Hope you had fun today!" she said with a bright smile at the Herald before turning it on the rest of the Veiled Threats.

Fuck it.

Fist in the middle.

"...Veiled Threatsssssss!" she said playfully.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread