Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Presence: Bewitching ●●●●●
    Striking Looks: Tempting ●●●●
    Distinct Voice: Honeyed ●●●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Downstairs in the Elysium underground the loud and pumping sound from the Nox is inaudible. In stark contrast with the rush of the dance floor and the press of warm bodies here there is only a single woman, quietly and silently seating in one of the many chairs spread around the room in an orderly fashion.

The lightning of the room itself is assured by recessed lamps which cast a soft and welcoming glow. There is a tangy aroma of lemonade, freshly squeezed, which insists of invading the nostrils of anyone who might come downstairs. Martha should probably be nearby, even if nowhere to be seen…

In silver lettering a Latin motto is inscribed over the doorway: “Per Ardua Ad Astra.” Through struggle to the stars.

Adorning most walls there are several depictions and renderings of galaxies, nebulae and the farther reaches of space. Long, black and purple silken drapes cascade from the ceiling to the floor decorating the court interior.

As for the woman itself Juan will notice her as being a kindred her beast bare. She is still seating into one of the lonely chairs apparently waiting for someone. Her long and beautiful legs are crossed with poise and in her lap there is a magazine, apparently one of those magazines about the rich and famous. The woman is tastefully attired in a black dress with only a red and gold kerchief around her neck, pinned into place by a gold pin. On her petite feet the red sole of her high heeled Louboutins give the woman a subtle touch of distinction.

She seems to be unaware that someone is descending the stairs…
    Velma Star*
    STATUS CITY: Harpy ●●● | STATUS DAEVA: ● | STATUS INVICTUS: Lady ●●

2. Likes Chrisie, West liked this post
    J
    Juan Cordoba

The Kine stepping aside from his path like Moses parting the Red Sea. The Toreador strode with confidence. Juan Carlos surveyed the onlookers with a coy smirk. Yes, they noticed him quite readily. He dare not indulge himself. Not just yet. There were more important people to meet.

Down the stairs, Juan descended with an even pace, unhurried in the slightest. He was clothed in a black suit and near gold tie and matching handkerchief.

The woman sitting all alone - her Beast called to his. His eyes glimmered, first with desire then predatory hunger. What a lovely shade of red he could paint upon a canvas. No, he urged the Beast. No, that be a death sentence. Who knows who she may be.

Carlos approached, his stride not faltering, "Good evening."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

Good Evening.

The word carried the weight of a stronger unknown beast in it. It rattled the cage of Velma’s own beast but in such a way as to cower it into submission, almost forcing her to give in to The Fear.

The Succubus stopped reading the magazine for a split second as she ascertained control. Still seating she drove her eyes from the magazine’s text and pictures to the newcomer’s.

Velma was a blond of alluring features, the man in front of her was handsome and also possessed magnetism and charisma. The Spanish accent was registered.

”Good evening.” The songstress said as she folded the magazine and raised from her sitting position to greet the newcomer.

”I trust you are recently arrived to the domain?” There was a small pause, Velma prided herself of being aware of who was who in the domain, besides, asking wouldn’t hurt.

”I’m Madame Star, the Priscus of clan Daeva in the Domain of Sacramento.” There was a singular smile creeping through her lips, it was polite and welcoming.
    Velma Star*

J
    Juan Cordoba

He was so fortunate to encounter the Priscus of Daeva. "Hola Señora Priscus Star," Juan crossed right arm across his waist and bowed. Rising up he gazed upon the blonde, soaking in her beauty. The Priscus was a magnificent work of art.

"I am Juan Carlos Madrazo y Garreta de Cordoba," the new-comer replied. "I am of Clan Daeva and the Toreador Lineage." Then a smile appeared. "I come requesting Acknowledgement."

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

”Please Mr. de Cordoba, be welcome to the domain of His Grace, the Alder Prince Asa Clarke, the Duke of Sacramento.” Martha was nowhere to be seen, and he was one of her own. Besides he seemed polite and respectful and not intent on making a scene. The Succubus only seemed slightly worried about how she should address the man… Spanish names were so long and complicated.

”Know that you are enjoying his hospitality in one of his Elysium’s.” And all that it meant.

”You can be acknowledged under my cognizance, as Priscus of the Daeva I’m invested with power to acknowledge my own.” There was a nod to her own words.

"But before that, please Mr. de Cordoba, I would like to know more about you and what brings you to Sacramento… feel free to join me." Velma extends an open hand towards an empty chair in front of her inviting the man to seat. After he sits she will resume to her previous place. She could drop the pomp and circumstance now.
    Velma Star*

J
    Juan Cordoba

The Toreador nodded in affirmation understanding the sanctity of Elysium. At the gesture of her invitation, he accepted the seat before her, "Mucho gracias Señora Priscus." Reclining in the chair, he sat upright.

He would be straight to the point. "It is a pleasure indeed. I am of the First State. I come seeking a change of scenery. The desert sands are only so appealing for so long."

R
    Rhapsody032590

Ruby smiled to herself as she reaches Avalon. She had dressed to make an impression. In her Dress of shimmering silver and her matching heals. She had to give this decade something; they know how to cut a dress to impress. She wore he long black hair up tonight, just a few strands artfully left out. Her lipstick was a shade of blood red. The tide of humanity parted for her as one of the kindly mortals lead her to the backstairs.
    As she slowly descended the stairs she felt her beast call to her as soon as the handsome man in the well-tailored suit and was that Velma Star? Ruby used to love her music when she was a little slip of a thing. She put on her most dazzling smile and walked further into the room.

"Good Evening, I hope I’m not interrupting anything."

She stood in such a way as to make sure they all got a good look at her and that the light in the room made her gown sparkle.

Recognize Velma 1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-28 23:20:49 Ruby rolls 7 to Fame check (Wits:3 + Comp:3 + 1) (10 Again) 9, 5, 5, 5, 3, 2, 7 1 success
    Attached Images

Blood Potency
    ●●
    Velma Star

PRE

OOC - Signature lines

The man was First Estate, those were good news, even if he hadn’t presented himself as such. Understandable, Velma wondered if he wasn’t sure if the Invictus would be well received here. He semeed quite mysterious about his origins as well.

”A fellow member of the First Estate? Please be welcome, how should I address you among fellow Kindred of Quality Mr. de Cordoba?” If Juan had been paying attention he would have noticed Velma presented herself as Madame, which indicated she had already been released but sported no title of her own among the Unconquered.

Her ears noticed another kindred joining them at distance and then closing in on them. Her beast protested for a few moments, it was the second time tonight. Velma raised from her chair to greet the woman. She nodded in appreciation of the dress. Shimmering silver, I like it!

”Please, Miss! Be welcome, you are not interrupting anything, in fact you are welcome to join us in conversation.” Velma eyed the woman, this time with curiosity in her grey blue eyes.

”I trust you come seeking presentation to the domain officials?”
    Velma Star*

J
    Juan Cordoba

Juan readied to answer to Velma...then the sanguine hunger swelled in his chest. The Toreador's ears picked perked up at a voice, and he glanced to see another bewitching Kindred. Another prey entered the area. Qué delicioso...

A pleasant grin appeared in response to Velma's inquiry. "Mister Garreta de Cordoba." His sight returning to the stranger, "Yes, do please join us."

R
    Rhapsody032590

Ruby gave them both a nod in turn as she moved more into the room proper.

"That is a very astute assumption. You are, if I’m not mistaken, Velma Star, The Second-City Songbird. You were among my favorite singers when I was young and mortal. I am Miss Adler, Ruby Irene Adler if you want the full force of it. " she flashed her bewitching eyes at Juan, giving him a practiced wink.

"It seems we are three of a kind, for I am also Clan Deava, and a member of the First Estate. "

She looked appraisingly at both of her fellows. The Second City Songbird was a part of her life she thought she’d never hear again. No known recordings of her existed to her knowledge; Ruby had gone looking at one point in the late 80’s. This other man he was handsome, in a rough way that she found most appealing. She’d have to be careful of him.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread