Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1406)(AFD) Autolycus & Cut

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

Autolycus

He was surprised when he saw someone he knew. Other than The Girls. His eyes had landed on Asp, and that's when he saw @Autolycus ( Snarlequin ), but he'd stopped to watch Mandy go all Battleship on The Epopt.

Seeing the Mystagogue free, he bounced over.

"Hey, man. 'Sup? Long time. Thanks for the help with that thing*. What'cha been up to? Seen Nous or Samus since?"

He didn't have to ask about Mandy. Because Moxie.

...and the park.

And, seriously, bro? Where were the event folders? With schedules and brackets and what-not? Is disappoint, yo.

"Not a problem Cut, anyone should've been willing to help." He extends his hand to the man, the task wasn't a huge deal in the grand scheme of things, but it was something that needed to be taken care of.

He shakes his head. "Nope, haven't seen any of the crew since then. I've been busy at the Museum though, so I haven't exactly been shaking any trees to see who falls out." He shrugs, everyone involved was an adult and he figured they all had their own stuff to keep themselves occupied. He'd remember them though and it was good to see that Cut, at least, remembered him.

"What about you? Doing alright since the last time? Signed up for any of the competitions today?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, I thought you and Samus worked at the Fortress of Wing-itude together. My bad."

He shrugged, folded his arms. Nonchalant.

"Good. You know? Super solid. Met a few others, talked to some about doing a group thing. Just, you know, settling in. I uh, yeah. Yeeeeeah. I did the running and archery. Didn't win either one."

He rolled his eyes.

"I, uh, saw you playing against Asp? You win? Or lose?"
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Autolycus

Auto gives his hand a little shake, then pulls it back in. That's fine, some people aren't hand shaking people.

"Everyone's busy. I think she has a day job or something?" That was a thing some people had to deal with, being a mage didn't come with a paycheck. Or maybe it did? Were the Guardians some kind of employment opportunity? The Mysterium wasn't.

"Yeah Asp, I won by this much." He holds one hand up, fingers held only a tiny distance apart. "We both played aggressive. It was close, a good game. You know her?"

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He grinned at the air shake. No hard feelings.

"Cool, I gotcha."
    Shame, that.

"Ummmm, Asp, yeah, I know her."
    He hadn't been sure how they were handling stuff, but then Mandy had just told that Leo guy.

"She's one of the ones I hooked up with. Uh. I mean. Not hooked up, hooked up? But, you know. Avengers assemble. Cabal. Cabal'ed. Whatever. You know what I mean. She's pretty cool."

The last bit lilted at the end, like a question. Not a question for him, but for the Mystie.
    - Roald Dahl

5. Likes RebornSeas liked this post

Autolycus

"She seems to have a good head on her shoulders." Auto raises an eyebrow at Cut's dancing around the implication of getting busy with Asp, but he doesn't say anything.

"Cabals are important, especially here." He glances over towards Lockheart, the apparent vigilante sentinel of Sacramento. "There's people running around and claiming to be Sentinels who don't mind throwing spells at people they don't like, the Councilors seem to be kept in the dark and the Hierarch just got challenged to a Duel. I don't see how someone's supposed to expect the Consilium to defend them if they can't defend themselves."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

He shrugged. Honestly? It had started out as a Hallow Thing. Just worked out really well so far.

"Wow. That's... some serious stuff? I saw the guantlet get thrown down with Del Taco, but the rest of it... Honestly? I don't even know who the Sentinels or Councilors are. I just assumed it was everyone that went off with the Space Aces."

He'd been busy. Cabal. Hallow. Consilium Who's Who had been on the back burner, but it sounded like Lycus Knew Stuff.

Because Mysterium.

"Uh. You make it sound like a, hmmmm, unfriendly place."

Good on the cabal.
    - Roald Dahl

Autolycus

"So far that's been my experience from Lockheart. He's been telling people that he's a Sentinel, but apparently the only Sentinel around is someone named Animus?" He shakes his head, but running around the man's informal Consilium and shouting j'accuse seemed like a bad idea. He'd save that for a more formal Consilium. He didn't know what the penalties were for claiming to be a Sentinel when he wasn't, but he assumed they were serious.

"He had an all-call for his cabal a couple days ago. He cast something hidden, so I scrutinized him. He responded by throwing some spellcraft at me then dismissing my concerns about that behavior. Apparently he thinks that just because the last two Arrow heads shot people for being rude, I should be appreciative for him only trying to hit me with magic." Auto shrugs. "He's the head of the Arrows here, you can see why that makes me worried that it is an unfriendly place."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Uhhhhh."

Wow. Dude had totally had more excitement than he'd had. Finding work, a couple of dinners, wall climbing all seemed pretty tame and boring by comparison. But good boring? Totes glad his Totally Not A Cabal shindig hadn't gone down like that. Most drama they'd had was slow wait service.

"Lockheart?"

Cool name.

"Oh, well. I met Animus. He went with the others. Seemed all right? Didn't know he was a Sentinel, though."
    An arm unfolded and he scratched at an ear. Was 'Elder' a word for 'Sentinel' where Avis was from? "Didn't talk much, but he can shoot a bow pretty well. He won the archery thing. The uh, couple of Ungala I know seem to be all right with him."

And that was really all he knew about Animus. The other stuff? Getting a little inflammatory, yo. Not really sure if that was stuff he wanted to get into in public.

"Hmmmm. You want to grab a beer some time?"
    - Roald Dahl

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, man. Darn. Uh. Anyway? Just let me know. It looks like, uh, I'm supposed to be somewhere."

With a genuinely apologetic grimace, he gave a little wave and slid over to his crew.
    - Roald Dahl

Closed Thread