Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1406)(AFD) Avis and Cut

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Dang. Dang, Avis . That was awesome. I totally thought when he smacked your arm, you know, it was over. But then you went all 'Last Samurai', and..."

Stop smiling like an idiot. At least he hadn't done the air lightsaber to punctuate, right?

"Wow. Congrats."

Totally gets a fist bump for the win.

"Uh. He's all right, right?"

Cause he got Knocked. The. Heck. Out.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

After helping carry Reverb out of the ring Avis had grabbed her weapon of choice and hopped out. She smiled, and bumped fists with the Guardian, nodding at his question.

"Uh, yeah, he should be. I mean, I didn't see any blood. Usually's blood if there's a concussion but I don't really know. Someone'll check him out. And thanks. I guess sparring with Asp and Animus really paid off. And I did, uh, actually train with a Japanese guy in Chicago. Just for a few weeks, but I picked up a few things. I better have. Those bamboo sword things really sting, ya know?"

"How'd you do? With the shooting and stuff? I got kinda psyched out after the chess matches. Sorry for not watching," she said, crossing her arms and looking a bit guilty.
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

4. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

[COLOt="#DAA520"]"Ooooh. Really? Like, kendo?"[/COLOR]

He wasn't [/]entirely [/I]ignorant of All Things Martial. Interesting. Wa8 calling Animus 'Elder' a side effect of sparring with him and cultural influence? So. Interesting.

"And. Uh. Eh."

At least in an elimination contest, you couldSprobably say you beat someone here or there on your way to getténg eliminated... or winning. In a points tally? Nothing exciting about Not Winning.

"No bigs. I think I came in second. And, uh, if you spar with Animus? Don't let him use a bow. Just sayin'."

He waggled his eyebrows in a Clearly Impressed look.
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

"Um. Kinda? He also thew me around a lot, which you don't really do in kendo, far as I know. And hey, that's awesome. I mean, Animus is an Arrow, so I'm not too surprised by that. Second's awesome. Seriously. Congrats," Avis said, offering the guardian another fist bump. "But uh, yeah, thanks for the warning. I really hope we don't do ranged stuff any time soon. Hitting people with sticks is kinda all I know."
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Well, to give credit where it's due? He gave me a useful tip. About shooting. And, thanks."

The fist started out hesitant, then hit hers with emphasis. Hell yeah. Hell. Yeah.

"I'm OK with distance,"
    he laughed softly. "I was actually hoping there would be some knife throwing."

His voice lowered, and he looked around to make sure no one was listening before continuing.

"I mean, no offense? But bows? Seems kind of... impractical?"

The actual, technical word for it was stupid.
    - Roald Dahl

Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"Why do you think I like calling us Talons?" she asked, giving a noncommittal shrug. "Like, I get the symbolism, but I'm not a fan of it. I kinda suspect they went with it cause it's, uh, I don't know. More poetic. But hey, it doesn't hurt to have some self perfecting tricks in your bag. That's why a lot of us do Yoga and stuff. Like, I'm not gonna try and attack someone with downward dog, but doing it helps your body so you can attack someone, ya know? I think the archery is kind of like that."

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

Huh. He'd thought the 'Talon' thing was just being old school. He personally loved the idea of old school. He was still waiting for someone to hand him a robe.

"Did not know that. Seems like it makes sense? I guess...,"
    he paused. "Uh. Well. I do exercises to keep my hands limber? That might seem odd."

It was hard to say that, like, legit. Without sounding deviant or retarded.

"So I get the idea. The parallel. That's... kind of interesting, even. Like, the secondary and tertiary focuses? Part of a good stage act is understanding crowd mentality and individuals, you know? Urrrrgh. I have this idea. Of what you just said. And what I'm trying to say. But words."

He grimaced and made a throwing-away gesture.
    - Roald Dahl

10. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

"I don't know about the whole focuses thing. I guess I just don't see it that way. It's all working toward the same result. But, uh, if you get what I meant then cool. And really? You do hand exercies? Like what kind of exercises? I thought your card thing just kept your hands in shape. Or limber. Whatever you want to call." She glanced down at her stick-free hand and flexed it open and closed, watching how the tendons and muscles moved beneath the skin and trying to extrapolate how one could keep their hands limber.

12. Likes West liked this post
    Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

Supernal

OCC
    PRE

"Oh. No."

He laughed, and reached into his pocket and pulled the cards out. Splitting the deck in half, he offered one stack to Avis.

"It's not to keep them in shape. It's to keep them busy."

His free hand took one half and began cutting them, cards sliding over one another smoothly and evenly.

"But it is good exercise, too. For keeping the fingers loose and flexible? So you don't get mitten-hand like most people. Not.. sure... if that would be useful in what you do? Besides. You've got a habit already, don't you?"
    - Roald Dahl

14. Likes Matamune liked this post
    Avis
    Avis

Merits

PRE

Hesitantly she took the cards he handed her and then just held them, watching him cut and stack cards with only one hand.

"That's awesome," she admitted, an honest smile breaking over her features. "Seriously. That's like...Well, you get it. I don't know if it would help, but I don't see how that could hurt. I mean, I know one of the Talons in Chicago would, like, jab his fingers at wood, or slap and punch it, to toughen his hands up, but that's a totally different kind of exercise. I think it made him kinda stiff, but if he knew how to shuffle like that that might have helped." She shrugged. "And what do you mean by 'I've got a habit already'?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread