DISPLAYED
Private: Recruitment Drive

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon's hand moves to the back of his head to scratch it in contemplation but he stops himself:

"Well... You don't give kids an A-bomb to learn physics, right? Best option: but it off. If it's not for sale then steal it, maybe ask the Mysterium for help if you can't do it alone? They love hoarding stuff from what I hear?" - he waits for some sort of a response, - "Maybe give the Sleepers something safer instead?"
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith listened for a while, hoping that Ixidor or Seren would ask anything. Still, the Deacon seemed to give them a free hand - which Seren didn't seem too eager to take up.

Boy, this girl... So eager to stand out and declare things and yet without guts to do things properly.

The redhead's focus goes back to the Warlock Thearch-in-spe. "I hear your answers and I can't help but think they are rehearsed. Like a student on exam. And when you're not sure if your answer is right, you're looking for our approval." A short, yet definite sigh that spoke a lot about a disappointment, yet her voice is calm. "Ermon, I'd like to remind you: this is not an exam. I don't want fake smiles, things you don't believe in, or cold calculations. I understand that those things might be necessary at some point, but if you, to speak frankly, give us shit now when we're trying to know you, it won't do you any good."

She stares at Ermon with eyes filled with worry and concern. What to as him? What will make him stop this Mastigos shit and be honest for one second?

"I want to make sure if you have any kind of motivation. Real motivation. One thing that the Silver Ladder can give you is greatness, no matter what kind. I want to make sure you know what you want to achieve, even if it's a short-range plan. One precise goal of any kind, and you can be honest with it, for once. I told you we care, I care, about your future. I won't make things easy for you. It's because I care and I would hate to waste your potential. Please help me open a proper path for your potential."

"I ask you once again: what do you want to achieve?"

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon listens to Faith with increasing confusion.

What the fuck?..

"Ermmm... I'm sorry but you're wrong. This is an interview - a big deal for me. Prepared answers and questions are normal, right? And it doesn't mean they are not true", - he makes a pause and shrugs his shoulders, - "I've already said what I want and how the Ladder can help, I don't know, repeating myself is kind of pointless if you don't listen?"

The Warlock smiles and looks directly at Faith:

"This is my serious. If I wanted to feed you bullshit, you woudn't know it."

4. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    B
    Bean

Umbrey looks at the silence and starts to smile.

"Well I don't know about y'all but I'm satisfied." He stand with the help of his cane and walks over to Ermon giving him a pat on the shoulder. "I think he's perfect. The best of luck there, bud." And he grabs his things and leaves the room.

"Take care y'all."

Umbrey leaves the scene

Otto Cash

Mien

Otto's practically covered with scars, silvery scarifications, and tattoos. He also seems to be even leaner and wirier.

Mantle

Heat, slowly scorching the air around him.

Faith looks at the man with a concerned look on her face. She knew she was alone with this. Ixidor won't help her, because it's her first trial as a Claviger. Aquinas ( Casitive ) won't help her, because it's not his role in the Ladder. Seren and Umbrey excused themselves. She shakes her head, resigned.

"Of course I wouldn't be able to see if you gave me bullshit. For now, what can I see is that I can't get to your goals and resolve. I need to know you better." Brown eyes, normally warm and kind, focus on the Mastigos when Faith is silent for a while. "Let's do it like this - if you're willing to do something right and do it with the Silver Ladder, I will take you as my student. I will teach you our Order's philosophy. You will be considered a Neophyte, in a position of Acolyte. You will be ordered to do various tasks and be expected to obey those orders without any doubt. When we can see your resolve, but in no less than three months' time, you will be expected to take the Factotum exam - and excel in it. Only then your studies under me will be finished."

The woman turns to the other men. "Deacon, Aquinas, how does that sound to you?"

Faith basically says she's accepting Ermon's application to the Silver Ladder and he would start with Status 1, but under the condition Ermon would become her Apprentice, with all the consequences.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon nods confidently:

"If that's what the Ladder thinks, I agree. It will be great to study under someone who has already passed the exam".

He looks to the more senior members to hear their verdict. Ixidor has kept mostly silent but then again it's the mark of a good leader to let his subordinates do their job. Aquinas is just... an unknown.

C
    Casitive

Looks like we're done here, good scene!

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.