Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 19
DISPLAYED
Ack: Hans Osterman

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Katsuro Tomori

August smiled at the quick decision his cousin made, before Hans explained his housing situation. Clearly Hans was smart in hedging his bets with the Unconquered...still though...

"Understand this isn't a decision to be made lightly. I can set up a chance for you to declare your petition to join the Invictus but once you have completed the petitioning stage breaking things off would be...troublesome." He had to be clear, this was not the Carthians with their here today gone tomorrow philosophies. Nor was it some book club one could simply stop showing up to. This was the Invictus. There would be a price paid in blood if Hans wasn't quite sure he was cut out for Quality.

"Before your petition I will speak with one of our members who is charged with explaining etiquette and proper forms of address. Courtesy you see can act as a shield, as a means to protect against the incivility the beast within is so fond of. We take these things very seriously."

"If your petitioning goes well, we can begin work on tenancy which should be an easy thing once you're in the fold." he said temptingly. August was clear, it wasn't a something for nothing deal he was offering. The Old Southerner was no carpetbagger come to clean house.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

"I think I understand. It's quite like the military back in the day's. If you tried to leave you were shot." he said in a calm voice. He understood what he was going into. And if he was going to be breaking of ties he would either be needing powerful allies or a very secure hole to hide in. Still, that was assuming that he was planning on breaking it off. It just might work out pretty well. He wouldn't know before he tried.

"As for the decision. It's why I wanted to have that chat that you offered. I was under the impression it would involve you explaining more about the invictus so I'm sure what I'm getting into."

At the mention of etiquette he was slightly gratefull. He was a soldier, not a politician. His ways with words could best be described as basic. At best. Crude and cold at worst. A reminder of etiquette was more then appreciated. "Either way, I would appreciate a refresher on etiquette. It's been a while and I am loathe to accidentally offend somebody."

The offer of tenancy didn't go unnoticed, the rats in the back of hans' mind chittering hungrily at the idea of more blood. He firmly shoved the rats back into their cage. "Interesting."
    [vtr]
    Hans
    BP:1 vitae: 3/10
    Presence:2 (stern)
    disfigurement flaw: a disgusting scar stretching from his chin all the way past is mouth and to his eyebrows. It has healed quite badly, as if somebody just stitched it close and hoped for the best.

[?

Katsuro Tomori

August nodded, glad that they understood each other before continuing.

"Well, a few quick tips to generally keep from stepping on any toes? Yes...I could help with that." he said to Hans in that slow drawl of his.

""Never interrupt someone who holds greater title than you within the Invictus or the Domain. Try to be concise and polite, Mr. Galloway, Miss Soandso. I have a habit of rambling, I don't expect you'll want to aquire that one. Trust me, it's easier." he joked, but there was a serious warning there, a Priscus could be allowed to talk overly pointedly a bit, but even Galloway didn't push it to far when he was on the time of someone of higher station.

"Limit your use of cussin' if you're fond of it...Generally my best advice is to watch though. Just watch. Get a feel for the domain and how it ebbs and flows. Words are weapons, use 'em wisely and introducing yourself is always good form when you are in company unknown. First and last name and any relevant titles generally suffice." The Icariaen rattled off the list like one might a catechism then came abruptly to a halt, allowing Hans a chance to ask any further questions.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

The man's rundown on basic social rules were luckily things that he already knew. Polite and concise. Those things were easy enough to do as was limiting cussing. He never swore much so that wouldn't be a problem either. As for the titles. Aside from a few very important ones. Like who the priscus' were and other high profile titles, he assumed those were things that would be told to him during the introductions. The entire words are weapons thing however. Smelled like politics, a arena he had not a lot of practice with. He preferred using the cold metal of a knife or the solid weight of a rifle to words. Even though he knew that words were mightier then the sword at times. He guessed he could keep an eye on his words like they were bullets. Only use them when necessary or when success was guaranteed.

"Watching in particular sounds like good advice to get back in the swing of things." Hans agreed. Motioning that he could continue with his explanation.
    [vtr]
    Hans
    disfigurement flaw: a disgusting scar stretching from his chin all the way past is mouth and to his eyebrows. It has healed quite badly, as if somebody just stitched it close and hoped for the best.

[?

5. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

"Otherwise, stick to the communal grounds for feeding for now. I'll alert you when the next gathering of Invictus is to be held and if you can be in attendance to announce your intentions to join. If you need a refresher on the area's or contact information Martha has her posters all around here. I'm sure you can find it there. Welcome to the Domain, Mr... he paused waiting for Hans to give him his last name.

If given,

"Mr. Osterman. Consider yourself Acknowledged." August said with a genuine smile.

"Osterman. Hans osterman." He answered the promting of his priscus. "Thank you for helping me out with this Priscus Galloway." He thanked his priscus. "So, do you have anything else you want to ask or discuss with me at the moment? Or will we see each other at the next invictus gathering?
    [vtr]
    Hans

[?

Katsuro Tomori

"Perhaps sooner than that, but our time for today is done Mr. Osterman. I'll make sure Mr. Pearson gets in touch with you about that job offer." He stood up and gave the man a gracious smile as he waved him toward the door.

Hans stood up as well. "I'll be waiting for the word then Priscus Galloway." the german walked out of the door. Leaving his priscus with his thoughts.

Sorry for so late. Thought I already posted. So is my post enough to end the scene?
    [vtr]
    Hans

[?

Katsuro Tomori

Yup yup. /scene Good thread Jokor!

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread