Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

An Offer he couldn't refuse.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    M

Roderick was unsure for the first time since the meeting started. He glanced around for a bit with a puzzled expression on his face before attempting to supply an answer. "My Sire taught me to introduce oneself first when making first contact with another Invictus and to use a mediator whenever possible. Titles and their proper order I am starting to grasp, I believe. As to my 'role'.. She spoke of those known as Soldiers and Knights and that I might find my place within either ranks. But beyond that.." He lowered his head solomly as he finished, "There was simply not enough time."

Katsuro Tomori

August nodded solemnly, and gave a moment of silence in acknowledgement before he spoke again filling in the gaps in Rodericks knowledge."Yes, that's accurate. Though if someone is there to make introductions who knows both parties all the better."

"Master is the lowest rung on the ladder. Your roll will mostly be to speak when spoken to, and keep things courteous, polite and short. Use your manumission as a time to learn from those who have earned their place amongst the Unconquored. Mister and Madame follow next up the ladder. He stressed the word Mister, an audible difference to how he had refered to Rod as Mr. Pearson before.

"Titles of function are next. A Madame without a title of function is under a Madame with one, for instance. Titles of function denote a specific role within the First Estate." he gave a pause, making sure Roderick followed along.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

M

Roderick nodded his head as Galloway spoke. So, right now it's back to Boot for me. I can do that, easily enough.

When he had finished at that point, Roderick asked, "So Knight would be a Title of Function, such as for Sir Baldwin?"

Katsuro Tomori

"Yes, but Knight also signifies he's sworn an Oath to an Order. It's very prestigious, and comes with many duties to the First Estate, up to and including final death in defense of the Invictus if necessary." August spoke very seriously. He held a lot of respect for Sir Baldwin in particular and the Order of the Thorned Wreath at large.

"Sir Baldwin is an excellent example a Knight." he stressed the word excellent in such a way that it held a good bit of weight.
    Moonfang
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

M

Roderick nodded and stroked his chin in thought. Ideas coming to mind about what Galloway informed him of, ideas for the future. But for now, he kept them to himself and waited for the Priscus to continue.

Katsuro Tomori

August liked the silence. He was listening. Not interrupting his elder. Very good Master Pearson... he thought before speaking aloud."Questions, thoughts, concerns?" he had mostly covered the titles necessary for Roderick to know at the moment. Now was the time for wider topics.

M

After a bit of consideration, Roderick shook his head. Any lingering concerns would be addressed at another time. "I believe I understand. Please, continue." If he had any further concerns, it would be best saved for another time, in his opinion.

Katsuro Tomori

August nods, "Bowing to those who out rank you is absolutely necessary when it doesn't cause a scene, such as in private gala's. Now I know we're Lords. We don't bow to just anyone. But the Invictus aren't just anyone, and eventually if we do well, they'll bow to us one night." August gave a sly smile, hoping Roderick followed along.

"When in places that it would cause a scene, generally a nod of the head will suffice, as well as a proper lingering on Mister, if male and Madame if female. Just a subtle acknowledgement of their esteem." He pulled his briefcase up and dug through it before pulling out a slight piece of paper with the name Hans Osterman and a phone number written on it.

"That covers the basics of etiquette, when you're fully acknowledged in your manumission by the Invictus as a whole we'll sit down and have another chat, but that information is far more than I received when I began this journey, and it should serve you well. Now, there are other things as well, aside from etiquette. Can't just blabber all day about the customs of the First Estate... he slid across the name and number.

"This is a cousin of ours, he served in the First Great War and I think he's worth vetting for our security company. He's a bit...scarred and I would imagine his eyes have seen some things. I think that's understandable. He's also interested in joining the Unconquered. I did not give him the information I gave you, and I expect you'll keep that information to yourself. August gave a rather serious look at this point, he would not give out this information, would he? Though internally the Icarian was smiling. The games afoot, August m'boy. he thought to himself.

M

Roderick took the paper and looked over the name and number intently, working it into his memory as August goes on. Only at the end does he carefully speak, "If I may, Priscus.. But for what reason would you want me to keep the instruction you gave me from him? Or.. do you wish to keep the Company a secret?" Always make sure you have all mission perimeters clear before moving into operations. Keeps one from shooting at friendlies and putting their backs to the enemy. Roderick folded the paper up and slid it into his back pocket, "The reason I ask is one part clarification and one part curiosity. I will ensure that nothing spoken in this room is leaked to the outside without your express permission." Wasn't the first time he had to keep secrets from comrades.

Katsuro Tomori

August thought for a moment, with an approving look. It was a good question. He had almost forgot for a moment with the way Roderick had been acting, that despite the mans older appearance and wealth of combat experience he was still not dead for very long.

"The simplest answer is because I'm sponsoring you, and not him. The far, far more complex answer is that he's family. And in our Family either there is someone you serve, someone you rule or plain good old fashioned competition, Master Pearson. Would you prefer to serve this German? Rule him?...or do you enjoy the competition?" The words hung in the air as the Southerner looked at his Cousin waiting on an answer. As he leaned back comfortably in his chair the Icarian hoped it was the right one.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread