Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

An Offer he couldn't refuse.

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    M

Roderick always tried to dress appropriately when arriving to meetings. A suit with a jacket and slacks above polished black shoes always seemed appropriate when speaking with someone of high standing within the Sacromento Society. And Galloway properly earned his Title. It was only right to give him such respect. Especially after what he said on their last phone conversation. After what he believed that the Southern Venture put forward, things could only end very well.

Or very badly.

For now, he can only wait at the bottom of the Nox Populi stairs, a time before when it was suggested. Though a bit off to the side, just in case he opts for the Elevator instead.

@%1;

Katsuro Tomori

August arrived promptly on time, the clock striking the hour as his shoes hit the stairs. Tonight August was dressed in his usual attire, but there were no clan colors, oddly enough. One might wonder why? Upon reaching the landing he found Roderick waiting.

"Early and dressed sharp. Good Form Mr. Pearson." August said with a tone of praise Roderick hadn't heard before. Was there more to it than that? There was something in the way he uttered the words...Good Form...

"We will use the customary room I think. Bit of privacy. After you." August waved toward the hall in which the boardroom he kept orderly with bluebells sat. He hadn't been given an office or anything, nor was the room even his...still though, it spoke of something that he had a usual room at the Nox.

Moonfang Roderick Pearson
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

M

Roderick raised an eyebrow at the words but nothing else. His thoughts were more focused on what was coming and the promises made. With a small bow, he returned the greeting, "Thank you, Priscus. I figured I would try to match the effort you put into your work. I hoped to have at least come close." Compliments and pleasantries now traded between the two, Roderick turned and lead the way to the room that Galloway spoke of. He opened the door and stepped inside before turning quickly on his heel to stand next to the door, holding it open for the Priscus to follow after him.

A bit of an adaptation of what he learned from the Military.

Katsuro Tomori

If the Ventrue didn't know any better, he'd have sworn Roderick wasn't himself. As August entered the room and sat down he offered a chair to Roderick.

Once seated...

"I see you've picked up on a few of the customs of etiquette of the Unconquered." August nodded in approval. "So, here we are. The tip of the iceburg. I enjoyed your speech at the meeting. Very well thought out, properly motivating. You have some talent, Mr. Pearson and a thirst to prove yourself... I want to give you the keys to the Estate as it were. Be your Patron as there is a trial period wherein one is petitioning to join..." August moved on from pleasantries to business rather seamlessly as he watched Roddericks reaction.

"Assuming of course, you want a seat at the table?"
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

M

Roderick visibly tensed when Galloway made the offer. He was hoping that was what the meeting was about, but did not attempt to get his hopes up. Now, he was doing everything he can to keep from smiling. Though his lips did curl so slightly. He needed a moment to properly find the words to respond, so he responded to the pleasantries first. "I suppose I am just coming into my Blood. It had been almost a decade if not longer before I had to interact with others in such a way. Miyako, my sire, did her best to prepare me, but it is difficult to emulate the proper lifestyle of a Requiem when the only other Kindred is your Sire."

"Though it was impressive what she did with those store manikins." He allowed himself a moment to smile, enjoy the memory of it, before he used it to segue into business.

"My Sire was not of the Invictus when I was Embraced by her. In fact, she had completely lost her connection to the rest of the Los Angeles thanks to the actions of the Unbound there. They would never know that to her last moment and her Final Death.. she was one of Quality. I hoped that here in Sacromento, I could let some know that she was through my own actions. To show that her Blood was of Good Stock." Roderick bit the inside of his cheek until he felt the Vitae flow from it. His Prideful Beast raged against his next move. But Roderick needed this more than his next meal.

He bowed to the Priscus, "Thank you, Priscus, for the opportunity. I promise I will not disappoint you or bring shame to your name."

Katsuro Tomori

August nodded. "Then I will make mention of your petition at the next meeting of the Invictus. Once an open galla is held, we can announce your intentions formally. Now, you will need work in a few areas. I can help pass on my strengths to you, political acumen, the art of the deal, should you want them. You must understand that you're entering a battlefield where words are bullets and subtle actions the equivalent of a tomahawk missile. Blink and you'll miss the explosions...do you follow?"

A pause of thought, and Galloway continued on his long ramble. Some thought he was thoughtless, really though there was just so much to get out of the way and time was valuable, even to those who had eternity.

"Also, my patronage is not free. In this I am not acting as your Priscus. I'm putting a personal stake in you. An investment. I hope that you'll understand I need more than just you to do well?"

M

The combat metaphors seemed almost made for Roderick, the old soldier noted. He took in every bit of the advice with only small nods to confirm that he was listening. And listen well he did. It seemed that his original plan to simply win them over with his skills and abilities won't be enough alone. Still, he was a Ranger. He was anything if not adaptable.

The last bit of advice made Roderick raise his eyebrow. It was very. ambigious what Galloway said and it made Roderick think back to what he said before on the phone, about his Japanese born Bloodline. Would he really...? Roderick nodded confidently in understanding and replied, "Whatever you need of me, I shall give you my all."

Katsuro Tomori

"I'll expect nothing less...Master Pearson. You and I are entering into a very long partnership. The first act I will require of you is an important one. It will solidify your manumission, your petitioning stage. You will sign over fourty-five percent of your security company to me, in the trust that my guidance will be held in the best interests of the First Estate as things progress. It will show the Powers that Be that we aren't just arming our clan, but our covenant as well." He paused, watching Rodericks reaction carefully. He knew he was asking a lot, but what he was offering would open endless doors for Roderick and August was curious to see how much the matter of Honor truly plagued his cousin.

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M

Roderick wasn't this emotionally conflicted since he became a squad leader. On one hand, to be addressed with a Title from the Invictus was exhilarating. If he had less self control, he might have jumped up and did a jig. But when August asked for a significant stake in the company, that was different. Forty-five percent was a large chuck of it and would give him a lot of power in the progress of the company.

Then again, it wasn't like he had earned it.

"That sounds very fair, Priscus Galloway. You were the one who organized the events leading up to it's founding and have the most stake in it from my opinion."

Katsuro Tomori

"A very good business decision Master Pearson. I'll have the contracts drawn up and sent to you quite soon." August gave a nod of approval.

"Now, we can proceed on actions. I'm sure you've noticed at court and in your interaction there's a certain method to the courtesy shown? How familiar are you with what your roll is in that kind of Danse?" August had left the businessman personae near seamlessly as he shed skins once more into a Mentor role. He was figuring out where his cousin stood in terms of etiquette. That would be the first step, a large crash course on etiquette.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread