Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(Tactics) Ariadne vs Mandy

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Good afternoon all." Leo smiled to the group before looking to Ozymandias. "The others are duking it out right now, but we can go for a game if you like."

It was an offer, not a requirement. It was at least something to physically do while they chatted, which always put Leo at ease. But then he was awkward as fuck for a long while.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Absolutely," she nodded with an incline of her head. "If you'll pardon me just briefly to use the washroom first, however? I'll join you in a moment," Mandy smiled a little bit. Giving a brief nod to the others in the group, with a soft 'excuse me' she shuffled off quickly to the washroom, using it, washing her hands, and then taking a moment to prepare herself for the next match.

Once she'd returned, Mandy quietly sat herself down again, offering the first move to Leo politely. "After you, please."

Augment the Mind: Effective Int 4 for 2 hours -1mana
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-26 00:28:22 Zodiac rolls 6 to Prolonged Augment the Mind (Int) (Mind+Gno+HS)(-2/duration) (10 Again) 9, 1, 6, 6, 7, 2 1 success

Status
    (Entertainment)
    Status
    (News Media)
    New Identity
    (Jack Hoyle)
    Nimbus

The Mirage: Star appears translucent with overlapping and slightly offset images of himself in different identities/disguises.
    Supernal

OCC
    PRE

When Mandy checked out? So did he.

Principal Ari and Santa Claus -- not his thing. Because au-thor-a-tay. He felt like a kid who'd wandered over to the grown ups table.

So he slid out to let them talk about their 401(k)s and joint ointments and, whatever. Whatever people like that talked about.
    Nimbus in MiniSheet 2. Cloaked spells, no overt magical res. Scrut for deets.
    '...Watch With Glittering Eyes...'
    - Roald Dahl

Ariadne
    Ariadne
    Mastigos Guardian

SL 2 (Red Hair, Blue eyes)
    Pres 3 (Diplomatic)
    Consilium: **
    Path: **
    Guardians of the Veil: ***

Under Control: McEl Mis/MS(5 armor, 4 suxx), SuperVis(1 suxx), CreativeThaum@Leo, SpatAwar(Ari,Maich-3suxx) -H: rB,/6, W: 2/6, M: 1/13:4, TPC 1/4 remaining Pledge+2subt
    Consilium: Mis/HS(3 suxx)
    Down by the riber: H: /8, W: 6/6, M: 13/13:4 Misc/MS(Cloaked-3 suxx), Third Eye (cloaked-3 suxx)

PRE

Ariadne watches the two new Veils go off to play against Leo. She looks to Bishop Samaritan . "What do you think?" Her tone is..neutral. It's hard to tell if she's talking about the chess game or the new Veils.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo watched as half the crowd departed. That was a bit disappointing, but at least Bishop stuck around. He had been wanting to talk to some of the new people, so at least he stuck around.

While Ozzy was in the wash, Leo pulled an empty chair over to the table with the Epopt. "Switch seats?" He said with a smile as he reset the board. He took Ozymandias's old seat, which he had set up with the white pieces.

"So, I know one of you." Leo said as Ozy returned. "But I don't believe I've met everyone here. I'm Leo Lockheart, First Talon of the Ungala Draconis and Counselor of the Archangel cabal."

Leo opened the game with his knights. As turns went by he swiftly and adeptly moved them around Ozy's own pieces. It would seem Leo was rather good at this.

5/10 on the first roll
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-27 23:27:50 Leo rolls 7 to Chess (Int+Res+EM) (10 Again) 10, 3, 6, 9, 10, 8, 3, 9, 4 5 successes

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"Ozymandias," she offered in return as she sat to play. "Just Mandy is sufficient." How many times would she say that today? Though... a part of her was amused that Cut had chosen just that moment to walk away.

"If we're going to be formal, I'm with the Visus Draconis, Lorekeeper and Sigil Holder for the Veiled Threats cabal," she recited calmly, her own pieces moving with precision across the board. Just a little behind the First Talon - she knew he had an edge, here, though she was still carefully analysing the situation. She was far from lost.

"On which note, if anyone would be so kind as to direct me to the Herald later, I suppose the formal announcement of that ought to go to him given the state of flux on our Hierarch?"

4sux - total 4
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-27 23:42:46 Ozymandias rolls 8 to Chess vs Leo 1 (Int+Res+Academics) (10 Again) 6, 9, 2, 10, 7, 6, 10, 4, 3, 10, 1 4 successes

7. Likes West liked this post

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo was impressed. A new cabal and they had their shit together? Better then some of the current ones could say, his own included. Then Bishop spoke about his disappointment in the cheating Leo wasn't doing, but that he expected it from the Arrow. Seriously dude, put a fucking sight up.

"So glossing over the cheating accusation that's unfounded on my end," He wasn't glossing, the insult to his honor was rather personal. Leo rolled his eyes before pointing to Orpheus . "The Herald you want to talk to is Orpheus. I can just pass the note along to whoever wins the duel next month if you like, or you can do the formal announcement then if the Herald is busy."

He then returns his gaze to the board, where knights and bishops continued to dance around the board.

+2 suxx for 7 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-29 00:22:22 Leo rolls 7 to chessing (Int+Res+EM) (10 Again) 2, 7, 8, 3, 4, 5, 9 2 successes

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

Mandy had no idea what her opponent was prattling on about, but she followed his gesture to the Herald for a moment before simply nodding. "I see. I'll take care of things myself, thank you."

With pleasantries out of the way and the other's moves making themselves plain to her, she was quick to make a distinct point about the game, focused as pieces played themselves out in her mind, her fingers almost making absent movements along the way before she finally made the quiet final statement. "Checkmate, Mister Lockheart," Mandy smiled as her hands folded in her lap, leaving her to look up from the board. "Thank you for taking the time to play me."

+8 sux total: 12sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-29 03:07:10 Ozymandias rolls 11 to Chess vs Leo 2 (Int+Res+Inv) (10 Again, WillPower) 10, 2, 9, 9, 9, 8, 9, 5, 5, 7, 8, 10, 5 8 successes

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

<Sharp ears for an arrow. One would expect them to be deaf from the noise they usually make with all their thunder and lightning.> Bishop thought.
    Or maybe he lost his own hearing due to old age and too many concerts and had not whispered at all. At any rate, the match was concluded, so he could speak.
    "Mr. Lockheart, forgive me, but I have not accused anyone." <...yet.>
    "I merely express doubts, that what we see is actually what we would get under any other circumstances. This being the domain of the dragons claw, one would be a fool to keep assets aside. It is in the nature of this event, that you go all out. That is your philosophy, is it not?" Bishop tilted his head to one side slightly.
    "What would be the greater challenge? Limiting yourself with restraint and playing the sleeper way or altering reality to your convenience? You are ensuring success but loosing sight of your own actual capabilities in my eyes."
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo watched Mandy move the pieces. Though Leo had taken out the last First Talon with his knights and bishops, This woman crushed him so quickly he could only sit there with his mouth slightly ajar as if to ask 'What?'

"Uh," The First Talon started before looking to Ariadne. He wondered if this was how she fared. "Next I believe is Seren."

Then the elder gentlemen began talking again and Leo listened halfheartedly. "Going all out assumes I want to win, and I'm not the type of douchebag that hosts an event to show off." Finally he looks up to Bishop. "And there is far more to my Order then winning. Service, responsibility, and honor being the major ones."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread