Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(Blades)Orpheus Vs Reverb

B
    Beej

"Looks like its you and me." Vincent grins at Orpheus and heads for the blade ring. This was going to be a quick match ending him with himself going to grab a drink after the first round. I guess I need to find a hot fencing instructor and date her too then before next year.

Once inside Vincent looks at his blade and then Orpheus. "I feel I should be saying something piratical but all I'm coming up with is Star Wars."

Wooden Rapier in hand, Orpheus raised an eyebrow up slightly and grinned; Star Wars was speaking to the inner nerd in the Mystagogue "Eh, an eye and a hand are close enough." Then he added, jokingly "Unless you wanna try throwing lightning about?"

He'd tried it before. Hadn't quite figured it out yet though. Hopefully Reverb hadn't either, or things might get hairy real quick for Orpheus.

2+5=Init 7
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 15:13:52 Orpheus rolls 1 die for initiative 2
    Defense 2

B
    Beej

8+5=12init
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 16:44:39 Reverb rolls 1 die for initiative 8

"Well to be fair, I'm strong with the Forces right now so you might want to get in touch with your inner Jedi." Vincent takes a step back. He wanted to win but he wasn't going to be a dick about it.

Reverb holds his action for a round.

Orpheus chuckles, he would have to make sure to continue his Forces training more deeply if he wanted to keep up with his inner Jedi.

"Anyway, ready when you are. En Guarde and all that!" The Rapier snaps up and the Mystagogue seems to spring forward, the blunted tip of the blade closing the distance between the two in a moment.

The distance between was just slightly too much for the blade to connect, though, but not by much. An effective feint.

Applying Dexterity as per the Fighting Finesse merit and using the second dot of FS:Fencing - Feint; Should Orpheus still have at least one suxx after defense is subtracted Reverb loses his defense against the next attack on him.

2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-19 05:31:54 Orpheus rolls 9 to En Guarde! (Dex+Wea+Equip+FS+Spec) (10 Again) 3, 6, 9, 1, 5, 1, 1, 6, 10, 7 2 successes

B
    Beej

You son of a bitch. Give a guy a chance to magic up and he hits you instead. There's a life lesson in there. Somewhere.

Giving a "Ugh" from Orpheus' hit, he jovial expression turns remarkedly frowny faced and rushes the other man. Its rather obvious the Obrimos doesn't really have a lot of experience of swinging stuff at people.

fail
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-19 11:26:23 Reverb rolls 2 to Blade (Forgot AoA) (10 Again) 3, 6 failure
    2014-06-19 11:24:45 Reverb rolls 4 to Blade str+weap+1 (10 Again) 5, 7, 6, 7 failure

Reverb -2Def/-3armor for ease of rolling. Orpheus scored 1 Bashing Round 1.

C
    Cross

ST Note: FS maneuvers need to be set out in the dice roller line or before, for fairness' sake. Reverb takes 1B, but does not lose his defence in the next round.

B
    Beej

Like a six year old with a nerf lightsaber or an arcade button masher, Vincent goes hell for leather against the Mysti-Q. No style, substance, just a flurry of strikes. If you throw enough bullets down range you will eventually hit the other guy, or die reloading.

4suxx before def/armor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 02:29:33 Reverb rolls 6 to Blade 2 (Str+Weap+Equip+AoA) (before Def/Armor) (10 Again) 5, 10, 7, 10, 6, 10, 1, 3, 9 4 successes

All out Attack used, only 3 armor for Round 2

Orpheus suddenly found himself the victim of a wild assault, he could feel the air being displaced by Reverb's blade as it passed his head

And then turned around and smacked hard into his left jaw. The blow stung like hell, and for an instant the Mystagogue thought he was seeing stars.

Seeing an oppurtunity, Orpheus twisted the blade in his hand and stabbed low for the gut, under the mass of crazy swinging.

Nothin', pretty sure the 1suxx is absorbed iirc
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-22 02:22:34 Orpheus rolls 9 to En Guarde! Round 2! (10 Again) 3, 3, 8, 6, 4, 7, 4, 6, 5 1 success

B
    Beej

Reverb 3 / Orpheus 2

Vincent grunts as the blade smacks him. As it was the finally stretch he didn't see a reason to slow down now and went hard at the Mysti-Q one more time.

1suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-23 12:15:38 reverb rolls 4 to Blade 3 (Str+Weap+Equip+AoA-2Def) (10 Again) 2, 4, 10, 6, 5 1 success

Reverb used AoA this round. Armor 3 applies only.

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Past the 48 hour mark by a while. Reverb ( Beej ) wins by default)
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.