Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Quid Pro Quo

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Katsuro Tomori

August nodded. "On the street? Sometimes. Obviously with Carlos..." the Ventrue paused, his right hand tightening into a fist. He still needed to visit that giant of a Kine. The Icarians fury had clearly not abated...

"Well, yes. In the boardroom however, or in a polite setting...it's easier, yes." His tone was flat as he spoke of the overgrown ruffian, but softened as he passed over the unpleasant memory. There was no note of question, no doubt of The Voices purpose however. In fact, if Jennifer thought about how eager he was to shackle the will of others, it was his go to option, one might wonder exactly where his humanity stood on things....though he is a Southerner who was alive for the War of Northern Aggression. Maybe the shackles of others never bothered him in life?

Billy sits quietly, watching the two contentedly. Was his previous orders still held in place? It seemed so. Billy takes another shot...the bottle nearly emptied.
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

Seneschal, Baroness Notary, Priscus of Nosferatu
    City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

Jennifer nods at Priscus Galloway's point, showing that she was actively listening to him while she was watching Billy. It was the reason for the caution to never look a Lord in the eye? She recalled her Sire's words, nearly thirteen years ago. Her Sire had been paranoid about many subjects, yet this looked to be rooted in absolute fact. It definitely was something that Jennifer would pull tightly into her every day business with the Ventrue. Jennifer recalled how the Ventrue had captured Billy's compliance and began to draft her own words.

Jennifer tried to bolster herself against humiliation. A child of the Haunts, her Blood would not naturally lend itself to this application. She would have to guard against Nightmare asserting itself. Priscus Galloway had proved to be the sort not to gloat nor betray her to the harpies in the past. She would trust that he'd be consistent as she stumbled through this first attempt. Tonight, Jennifer would be initiated into the Blood Gift of the Ventrue.

Jennifer leans forward to Billy, capturing his eyes with another hand wave. The Nosferatu captures Billy attention and strums her Blood.

"Stand up."

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-22 11:55:00 Jennifer Hazelton rolls 4 to Capture Billy's eyes (10 Again) 9, 8, 6, 7 2 successes

No roll for Dom yet

August Galloway
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

3. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

Billy looks at her and turns his head curiously. Clear eye contact is made.

"Well...I uh...that's a bit hard." he said, holding up the empty bottle of liquor. The man leaned over for a moment like he might stand, but then just kind of fell back into his seat. "Sorry Miss Caroline. Looks like I'fve been drinking a bit tooo mujch. Gimmieabit and we can move to a different room or sommat."

Augusts look remained starkly neutral as he spoke from his corner of the room.

"One word, Miss Caroline. Start with just the one, focus wherever it is you draw your strength from and make that strength cause him to bend...or stand as it were."
    Katsuro Tomori Presence 1 (Reserved) H:7 V:5 (Blush) W:6 French Japanese English

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Nosferatu curse: A voice that withered like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise
    Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"No problem, Billy. Take a moment." Jennifer suggests. She churns her thoughts on the matter for a moment, investigating why her word had failed. It was simply her doubt. Her indecision, she tells herself. Her affinity and loyalty to the Nightmare that had been her Blood's first glove. Jennifer pushes her Blood to where it was a strange and uncomfortable new place. Time to rise to the occasion.

"Stand." Jennifer commands, infusing her voice with the Blood Gift of the Ventrue.

Something happened and she could feel her Beast stir, then purr within her chest. It was pleased. Stirring slightly, urging her for more. Push harder, make it bend, make it snap beneath her. Jennifer's rib cage tightened, containing her greedy Beast.

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-22 12:10:59 Jennifer Hazelton rolls 6 to Dominate 1 (10 Again) 10, 2, 9, 4, 4, 7, 1 2 successes

Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-22 12:14:12 Billy rolls 1 to Resist Jen (10 Again) 3 failure
    Nosferatu Curse: Jennifer's voice withers like a snake sneaking through the grass, plummeted like an old man's nearing his demise.

6. Likes Jaqen liked this post

Katsuro Tomori

Billy snapped up to attention, legs locked tightly in place. I...w...hmm...." the only sounds to come out of his voice. He hadn't spoken, after all...the command still firmly in place. The Icarian didn't say the man couldn't sound surprised.

August gave a devilish smile. His Pride showing as the only time he has mentored Madame Hazelton went so well.

Clapping his hands a few times in a slow motion his Southern drawl rings out. "Very good Miss Caroline. I knew you had the Will in you."

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

What else do I have in me? Jennifer wondered. Inside her rib cage, her Beast chuffed. Encouraged her to sate itself on Billy, to ravage, rend and rip. How do Ventrue learn restraint? Jennifer marveled.

"Thankyou." Jennifer replies, her voice only slightly wooden with shock and surprise. The Nosferatu battles her vice back into it's cage, struggles to be fully present in the moment.

"Does it always feel like that?" Jennifer elaborated. "Do you ever see instances where it should not be attempted?"

Katsuro Tomori

August chuckled a bit. "Oh no, you see a land of opportunity. One must of course be wise with such a power. Others of our kind resist the lure much more easily if your Voice isn't strong and they are Old. Our family are Regal for a reason, one must know when to apply force, and when diplomacy is necessary, when allies are forged...the ability to make your will a reality changes everything you see as I'm sure you can imagine. I strongly recommend using it only when necessary if your demon is stronger than your Resolve...of course I imagine your family makes for excellent Devils." what he said was clearly a cautionary word of warning with clear meaning. Use it wisely, but I didn't teach it so you couldn't use it. The latter bit about the Nosferatu was quite the compliment, though upon speaking it, he wondered if she understood his meaning. She wasn't of the Spear, and didn't seem familiar with it's parlance.

Katsuro Tomori

Seryna just reminding you this is up. We can move to wrap it up quickly, if you want?

City Status
    Invictus status
    Presence (Lady)
    Resources
    Jennifer Hazelton

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

Jennifer Hazelton Scenes
     Blush, 
     Blush, 

Blush, Imbibe, 

NOS
    PRE

"It's fantastic." Jennifer noted after several more minutes of silence. She is pondering how this discipline is going to be used in regards to her blood oaths. Can it infuse her voice with the power over others, forcing them to agree to the terms that they write in their own vitae mystically? The oath that utilizes her Family Gift and this mystical power over others now intrigued and yet terrified her. She would have to pay very close attention to the language and turns of phrase in the compacts that she wrote. These were not play things to be trifled with. Perhaps more than a few minutes tick by as Jennifer starts mentally drafting ideas.
    She comes to the present situation with a start and a somewhat embarrassed laugh.

"The door that you have opened is full of possibilities. I do hope that I've made my appreciation clear. Let us help this gentlemen to a comfortable bed and call it a night. Please do come to call on me so that I may share my knowledge with you."

ooc

Katsuro Tomori

August nodded appreciatively at her first response of praise for the Voice. He allowed the silence to stretch as long as necessary. When he himself grasped this particular power of the Damned and what the future held for one with it's ability his Demon whispered incessantly in his ear for decades...Hell, it still did.

When she spoke he agreed. "Indeed, I'll have a chat with him, make sure he's aware of what all happened tonight and then drop him off safely. I'll come calling soon enough Miss Caroline." he gave a smile as he moved to help Billy get situated for a long conversation.

August will spend an hour or two talking with billy, making sure there are solid memories in place and then plop him at a hotel that takes cash for the night.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread