Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Beej
    <Talk about fate...> Bishop thought, amused by the fact, that his second contest would be against Reverb again. <Looks like I will get to know him a little better.>

Bishop was not the man to interpret too much into getting people to know over contests, he preferred more pleasant events, but there was some truth in seeing the real person when he is trying to fight you. He took a seat at his board and waved Reverb over.

"I'd say, we do this the traditional way." he said, after offering Reverb his hand over the board.
    He took a white pawn and a black pawn, juggled them in his hands behind his back and offeren Reverb both hands in order to pick one.

OOC
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

B
    Beej

ooc

Grabbing the chair opposite his cabalmate Vincent ponders his choice for a second. "Uh..that one." Vincent points at a hand and is rewarded with the white piece. "Right. Okay then."

He replaces the pawn on the board and after a moment begins his openning Gambit. "Orpheus took me out in the first round last year so I have no where to go but up..hopefully." he chuckles quietly.

3suxx Int+Res; 3 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 12:48:19 Reverb rolls 6 to Chess round 1 (10 Again) 10, 5, 4, 1, 8, 6, 9 3 successes

Bishop

2suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 12:57:26 Bishop rolls 6 to play Chess Round 1 (Int 2 + Res 2 + EM 2) (10 Again) 2, 5, 3, 4, 8, 9 2 successes

Bishop sighed inwardly. He was bested. He had thrown down an early gambit but Reverb clinged to his head start with initiative and traded down pieces on the board quite in his favour. He was able to get back in the final moves of the game, but was deadlocked behind a row of three pawns and conceded, when Reverbs Rook was about to outstep him.

"Looks like you are on the right track." he said, his voice playful. "Do you play regularly? I mean, since we are neighbours, we could get ourselves a decent board and set it up somewhere in the common area of our lair."

Bishop returned to setting up the board for game number two, the white pieces on his side this time and opened with his queens pawn.

1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 13:05:32 Bishop rolls 6 to play Chess Round 2 (Int 2 + Res 2 + EM 2) (10 Again) 2, 2, 4, 5, 5, 10, 7 1 success

B
    Beej

Watching the board he thought he was going well, but you never knew if you were kicking ass or being lead into a land mine. "I play some, not a ton. Usually it goes I'm either super lucky or go down like a zeppelin. But yeah, that's not a bad idea. I could definitely use the practice." Lair, I like that. "Meanwhile in their lair..." he mentally conjures up overly dramatic Super Friends narrator voice.

2suxx; 5 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 13:10:01 Reverb rolls 6 to Chess round 2 (10 Again) 10, 2, 3, 2, 10, 5, 7, 3 2 successes

A pawn is moved here, a knight there. "Have you run into any new Guardians? So far in 'New Arrival Bingo' all I'm missing is a Guardian and an Apostate."

2suxx; 7 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 13:10:30 Reverb rolls 6 to Chess round 3 (10 Again) 9, 1, 3, 2, 5, 10, 4 2 successes

Bishop

<What the hell am I playing here?> Bishop thought by himself. He was in one of those rare positions, where having an extraordinary memory was actually a bad thing. Every single mistake was played out before his minds eye time and again.
    Desparately trying to achieve at least parity, Bishop failed to actually push Reverb at least into a position where he could offer a Remis and thus lost game number 2 as well.
    "Well, you seem to get around the block more than me, it seems. But then again, I don't run an establishment for social callings. I have not met any other guardians nor apostates and quite frankly, most of the faces around here..." he gestured through the whole cathedral space, "...are pretty new to me. But don't take it personal, if you have not met any other guardians. We tend to be a very private bunch and it is not unheard of, that some of us avoid any kind of social happenstance, if they can avoid it. I haven't met any of them either. I was busy." The last word carried a subtle emphasis.

While he reset the board for the last match, this time with black again, Bishop gave a wan smile. "Of course, some people I have met I could probably have done without."

4suxx; 7 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 15:08:56 Bishop rolls 6 to play Chess round 3 (Int 2 + Res 2 + EM 2) (10 Again) 8, 10, 10, 7, 10, 1, 4, 4, 3 4 successes
    Maybe Reverb had tried the same tricks from their first match. Maybe Bishop had actually remembered some important bits. This last match was at least a worthy last stand. On a very personal touch, he was able to finish the match with a decent bishops-gambit, before delivering a check-mate with a combination of both rooks and a knight. It would not matter, of course, since Reverb had won the first two rounds. But it was at least a statement, that their matches in the future would hold some points of interests for both parties.
    "Well played. Congratulations, Mr. Reverb." Bishop nodded in acknowledgment, showing some grace in defeat. He offered his hand.

B
    Beej

"Oh? Busy?" Busy Guardians...a good thing? Probably better than bored Guardians looking for something to do. Then again a bored Guardian means its quiet for everyone. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. And perhaps Bishop was right. He had not run across too many social Guardians. "Anything juicey?" Part gossip, part 'is something crawling out from out of the bed'.

The third game came and went, with the Obrimos loosing. Which made sense to the mage's mind. "Thanks." he smiled taking the hand. "Good game Bishop. You must have caught me on a good day. We definitely need to set up a game next month." Perhaps with some regular games he could move beyond hoping for dumb luck.

Bishop

Bishop gave a mischieveous grin.
    "Yes, busy. But since we are an order of secrets, you can try and find out for yourself." he said, half playful, half dead sincere, while he made his way over to the main table with the roster in order to note down the games results.
    "But we need to repeat this. It's good for the mind. Oh, and one of those days I might actually get a chance to come over to see your club and play a tune or two, since you offered."

Puck Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bump! You need to reach 10 suxx in Chess matches. If the 48 hour rule needs to be brought up again the match will be forfeit to the last person to post.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

B
    Beej

As luck would have it...
      3suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 01:49:26 Reverb rolls 6 to Chess round 4 (10 Again) 4, 7, 8, 9, 6, 9 3 successes
    so end result is the same.

Closed Thread