Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Boxing) Asp v. Striker

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    A
    Asp

Asp was honest.

"Of course I did. I'm surprised you chose not to, after Leo said covert magic was okay." She gave a little shrug. "Shields and sights up at breakfast and only come down for a good reason, know what I mean?"

Lowering her shields at a gathering like this, with so many odd things going on, wasn't going to happen. There was a lesson in all of this, one that came at the low, low cost of a loss at the Field Day. Armor up. Protect yourself.

But Striker had impressed her. One armed, but that one arm was not to be fucked with.

"That was a hell of a swing, though. And your technique - it was like I was hitting rock. Good on ya."

+1
    SL
    PRE

A note for future reference, we treat mage armors and normal armors differently. Where Kung Fu could be used to bypass normal armors, Magic armors are treated differently on site and apply in full.
    Just your friendly neighborhood gulmoth!

T

Striker's face went from admiration, to confusion, to outrage as Asp continued her explanation.

"What the hell?" Striker was in Asps face now his anger drowning out the voice in his head trying to reason with his primal passion. He continued without a break, his voice raised "When the bloody hell did he say that?" Did I miss it? "I thought this was a skills test," magic's a skill too "not beat up the new guy 'cause he doesn't know I've got shields up day." she beat you up good before you even touched her. "I mean far out! I thought I was in a fair contest." It was fair, you didn't know the rules.

Striker stood breathing short sharp breaths, staring at Asp with eyes narrowed in frustration. Later he may look back on this moment rationally, but at the moment he wasn't thinking, just feeling. And he was feeling cheated.

4. Likes West liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp stared up at him. So the fella was an angry sort, was he? So was she. She just knew when to keep a leash on it.

Her voice was calm and quiet. "Stand down, Talon. Leo said to 'keep it covert'. If you want to contest the result, we can discuss it in private with the First Talon. If you want to shield up and go another three, that's fine too. Nobody here is trying to cheat you of anything. But look around you. You and I are not going to fight about this here, before the Consilium."

The public solidarity of the Ungula Draconis was important. Had Leo heard him shouting at her already?

"Are we."

T

Asp's controlled and calm response kept Striker from exploding into an even more irrational fury. The voice in his head finally got control of his tongue as he realised the stupidity of potentially pissing off someone who just beat the snot out of you. He ignored the bit about looking around. This was the here and now, they were already fighting in front of the Consilum, why not raises voice as well? A problem in the open is a problem everyone can help solve. That wasn't the issue though.

He was silent for a few seconds, still breathing in short breaths, while he actually thought.

Bugger, she's right. 'Keep it covert.' I remember hearin' that before. Damn, I wish I'd put two an two together. Screw the results though I just wanna a fair fight now.

"Go again? Yeah that'd be good." Striker responds in a reasonable tone, "You need me to fix you up first?" he continues seriously, looking at her chin in paticular.

A
    Asp

Asp put her finger on her chin and, with a small exercise of Mana, the injury faded away. Apparently, the Obrimos knew her Life.

"I'm all good. Shield up, heal up, let's do this."

She gave the One-Armed Bandit a minute to top up, and then took her corner of the ring again.

4 sux to heal the 1B, -1M. Initiative 9
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 17:40:49 Asp rolls 1 die for initiative 2
    2014-06-20 17:37:31 Asp rolls 10 to Self-Healing (10 Again) 7, 6, 5, 8, 7, 9, 7, 8, 4, 9 4 successes

T

Striker was glad he wouldn't have to spend the extra Mana on the other mage. Seeing as he had none to spare at the moment. He gritted his teeth as searing pain went through his joints and tendons, pulling supernal power directly from his flesh.
    Striker scours his Dexterity for Mana

He stretched and rolled his shoulders feel like he did a few years ago, all tension and far less flow. No matter he could still pack a punch like this.
    He chanted as set the pattern in place to heal his injuries his dying frustration getting the better of him and forcing him to apply the same spell again. It wasn't the best shield he'd put up, but it'd do.
      Just enough healling
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 17:55:26 Striker rolls 5 to Self Healing (Gnosis+Life+HS) - The rest (10 Again) 8, 7, 4, 4, 6 1 success
    2014-06-20 17:54:58 Striker rolls 1 to Self Healing (Gnosis+Life+HS) (10 Again) 9 1 success
    2014-06-20 17:54:43 Striker rolls 6 to Self Healing (Gnosis+Life+HS) (10 Again) 8, 7, 9, 3, 6, 5 2 successes
      Shield
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 18:00:12 Striker rolls 6 to Organic Resilience (Gn+L+HS) (10 Again) 3, 7, 8, 4, 7, 5 1 success
      Initiative 8
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 18:00:17 Striker rolls 1 die for initiative 1

"Ok let's go" Striker replies ready.

9. Likes West liked this post
    A
    Asp

Asp Morpheuses.

The snakey delays her action.

T

She's waiting for me. Whatever. Striker throws himself All Out into the attack hoping for an early advantage.
      2 Sux
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 18:06:10 Striker rolls 9 to [Boxing] Asp v. Striker (Str+Bra+AoA) (10 Again) 6, 8, 9, 6, 4, 4, 5, 4, 1 2 successes

A
    Asp

Asp patiently slams her guard shut and denies the over-aggressive attack any traction. When the time was right, she would strike.

Asp dodges. Defence 6, Armor 3. Delaying round 2.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 0

You do not have permission to view the list of names.