Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(Blades) Leo Lockheart vs Striker

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo rested the giant wooden blade on his shoulder. He felt.... weird, about fighting someone with a physical handicap. It was like dumping a guy out of a wheel chair or back handing a woman. Just didn't sit well, nor should it. But still, the man was an Arrow, so Leo wasn't holding back on this.

"You ready for this?" He smiled. This was his best event after all.

Init 15
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 02:10:44 Leo rolls 1 die for initiative 9

T

"You betcha I'm ready." The one armed mage said as he climbed into the ring. "An' don't you dare go easy on me 'cause of this," he tapped his left shoulder with the flat of his 'blade', "This is who I am." What's the point in beating someone who's going easy on you?
      Init 11
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 04:09:08 Striker rolls 1 die for initiative 4
    He raised the blade and nodded to Leo.

Leo Lockheart

PRE

With a sigh Leo raised his weapon. This felt...weird, but he still followed the man's request. To treat him as anything less because of his missing arm is an insult to his honor, and honor was important to the Arrow.

So Leo raised the wooden blade and swung. It hit full force in Striker's side. That one had to hurt.

5 bashing before defense
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-18 23:20:56 Leo Lockheart rolls 9 to Attack! (Str+Wea+1 Equip). (10 Again) 8, 9, 9, 8, 1, 5, 10, 3, 7, 3 5 successes

Reminder to roll the full dice pool when Armor and defense are unknown. The defender will subtract their own defense and armor from the right. For example with this attack strikers defense drops the 7 and the 3 from the end, resulting in the full 5 bashing going through.

T

Striker has 1 point of armour against bashing damage as well from Kung Fu. Because of this, by my count he should take 4 bashing.

Striker grunted in pain as Leo seemed to casually knock the wind out of him. Damn. So much for seeing how I do against him. I'll be lucky to stay on my feet if he keeps this up.

The one armed mage swings his own sword in a wild arc hoping to get a strike on the First Talon.
      1 suxx: apply defense/armour
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-19 08:45:05 Striker rolls 1 to [Blades] Leo Lockheart vs Striker (Weapon bonus) (10 Again) 6 failure
    2014-06-19 08:42:47 Striker rolls 6 to [Blades] Leo Lockheart vs Striker (Str+Wea) (10 Again) 4, 9, 3, 5, 7, 4 1 success

Leo Lockheart

PRE

'No control.'

Leo shakes his head and brings the sword back around. This one needed to be tamed a little. A one armed Arrow who was too out of control to fight effectively? Yeah, no thanks.

The First Talon took a grave expression as he waited for the inevitable opening and swung once more. Had to be Thyrsus for the wold child crap, maybe an Acanthus who's luck picked the wrong time to crap out. Either way he'd walk away with a lesson or two.

2 more bashing for 6 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 00:39:43 Leo rolls 9 to Attack! (Str+Weap+Equip) (10 Again) 10, 6, 3, 7, 1, 7, 9, 7, 7, 10, 2 3 successes

T

Striker sacrifices his defence to do an All out Attack

Striker thought Leo looked bored as he hits him again. Striker wildly lashed out again hoping to inflict at least some damage before he was knocked down.
      3 suxx before defence/armor
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-20 06:46:09 Striker rolls 7 to [Blades] Leo Lockheart vs Striker (Str+Wea+Equip-Dam+AoA) (10 Again) 8, 5, 4, 10, 5, 10, 6, 4, 5 3 successes

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo shook his head at the man's flailing. Sure, he was getting some results, but in a real combat Leo could've dropped the man by now. It was the price of fighting so recklessly.

Bringing his wooden sword once more to bear. It was Leo's final strike, and he hoped the Talon would bow out graciously if he managed to stay up.

2 more bashing for 8 total
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-21 19:21:04 Leo Lockheart rolls 9 to Attacking (Str+Weap+Equip) (10 Again) 9, 6, 5, 8, 6, 3, 1, 5, 7 2 successes

Striker needs to roll just his Stamina. On a single success he stays standing, otherwise he falls unconscious.

T

1 suxx Stamina roll
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-21 20:32:07 Striker rolls 2 to [Blades] Leo Lockheart vs Striker: I get knocked down, but I get up again... (10 Again) 8, 4 1 success
    Striker flinches is pain as he's battered by Leo relentless attack. Finding it hard to breath now he can barely focus, but he throws himself at the First Talon, desperate to get at least one good strike in.
    All out Attack once again as Striker continues to flail wildly.

Everything becomes clear for a second and he knows his swing may actually get through this time, though he's not sure.
      2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-21 20:40:30 Striker rolls 6 to [Blades] Leo Lockheart vs Striker: Str+Wea+AoA+Equip-Dam (10 Again) 10, 1, 8, 3, 7, 7, 5 2 successes

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Leo dealt 8 bashing Striker dealt 5. Leo wins the Blade match.

Closed Thread