Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1406) (AFD) Tactics match

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

Leo Lockheart

PRE

Set up along a wall opposite the snack table is a line of tables and chairs for the chess match. Each board was already set up and ready to go.

Leo was already seated with the white pieces, eyes watching the black king on his board. The smile on his face suggested fond memories, even if the people in them had long since left.

Rules for this event can be found here. Please remember to split into side threads as instructed here.

Idun

PRE

Idun approaches the table that sports a chess board and pieces arranged upon board. She nods to Leo as she looks up at him. Then she waits for others interested in this to show up.

Orpheus approached the chess area with a wide smile on his face. A fond remembrance of the match between he and Gallows so long ago. He could've almost felt the frustration coming from the man.

To Leo and Idun, Orpheus smiles and gives a quick "Hey."

The Sewnskin Doctor

Geist straightens out his sleeves and buttons up his blazer as he steps toward the tactically minded Magi. He knows a little bit of chess from his sister so he doesn't have to ask what the horsey thing does. He sucked at it then and he hasn't been particularly inclined to practice in his adult hood. But, his excellent memory of his mother and sister playing fills in the rest of the basics.

The Moros walks over to the group with a wave and a hand on the hip. "So whose up against who? I'm good for anyone."

Avis
    Avis

Vulgar: Color drains from the immediate area and depth perception becomes temporarily skewed, everything seeming to draw in uncomfortably close, making rooms smaller and all but distant objects seem in reach.
    Vice: Color drains from Avis and her facial features seem indistinct and grainy, as though her identity is growing less defined.
    Virtue: Colors appear more vibrant and everything seems to become grander in scale.
    Merits

PRE

Avis walked over the the chess tables, hands in her pockets. She thought about taking the seat opposite Leo. He'd have the advantage but maybe if she lost to her Order head it wouldn't matter that much. But no, that was silly. She'd try and stay in the competition as long as she could. She wasn't bad at the game but she'd never won while playing it. Well, not without someone letting her, anyways. Of course, according to her old chess-partner he always had 'help' from his grandfather's ghost, so that wasn't really fair, either.

"I don't know. You want to face-off? Fresh blood versus fresh blood?"
    "Aw-Vee". Pres 2 (Moody). Mastigos, Adamantine Arrow. Trace of a Cajun accent.
    Defense: 8. 3 cloaked spells. Phone (pot 6), Belt (pot 5), Self (pot 2 +3) Spell tolerance: 1/3, Accumulation: 3/7

Orobas lets out a whistle at the sight of the chess boards. It'd been a good long while since he indulged in games, but this certainly promised to be interesting.

"Anyone mind pairing up with me?" he asks with a quick glance to the competition. "Don't worry, I'll go easy on you."

He lets out a laugh and a smile. Today is going to be fun!

Bishop

Presence: ●●● (Professional)

Status (News Media): ●
    Status (Concealed Firearms License): ●●
    Status (P.I.): ●
    Status (Consilium): ●
    Status (Guardian of the Veil): ●

Bishop had made his way over to the chess boards. He liked playing this game immensely, but he had been lacking in suitable opponents. He was looking forward to this. When he arrived, he had found most of the players already paired up, so he made his way over to the Leo.

"Since the others are apparently already paired, would you mind, if I take this seat, First Talon?" he inquired politely.
    Health: [][][][][][][] | Willpower: ●●●OO | Basic Mana: 6/11 |
    „Spoken.“ | Thought | Done
    War is worse than Hell - in Hell, there are no innocent bystanders...

"Orobas, over here; I'll play ya." Orpheus called out to his fellow Mystagogue, having picked out a table to play at.

Orpheus v. Orobas over here

R
    Rhapsody032590

Seren glanced along the wall, the scene of the chess boards reminding her of her Gran. They had played chess together almost every day. She hadn’t really looked at the game since her Gran died. But she was looking to make a good impression on her new Consilium. She stiffened slightly at the sight of the first talon, still nursing hurt pride at being ignored. She gave a nod at Geist, and started walking towards him and Avis.

"Hey, is there supposed to be brackets or something or are we just choosing partners among ourselves? " She smiled at the two Mages giving Geist a wink.

Ermon
    Alfred Coldwell

Pre 2 (cheerful), Sl 2 (honest)
    Mastigos, Apostate

PRE

Ermon walks over to the chess boards. It's not really his thing but today ain't about winning. It's about learning something. About somebody. Right now, the bossy-looking gal seems fun, so he walks up to Seren:

"Hi, I'm Ermon. Mastigos, Apostate, Unbound Smoke. How about a game?"
    Alfred 'Ermon' Coldwell, Pre 2 (Cheerful), SL 2 (Honest)
    Mana: 8 WP: -2
    Oblations: 1, 2

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread