Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1406)(AFD) Reverb & Autolycus

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Autolycus

"Autolycus, mystagogue," He responds, shaking Reverb's offered hand. There's the spark of recognition in his eyes when the man introduces himself. After all, how many one eyed members of the Royce family were there? He'd have to look back at his records, but he's probably stolen from the Royces, or Royce funded galleries at least.

Imagine his mirth. Not that he'd tell the man. "So is this a common thing at these? Denunciations, accusations of malfeasance and challenges for position? Or did I get lucky?"

Fame Recognized
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-15 01:58:07 Autolycus rolls 7 to Recognizing Reverb Wits + Composure + Fame (10 Again) 8, 5, 3, 5, 9, 3, 6 2 successes

B
    Beej

"Oh nice. Free Council. Looks like everyone's getting new members. Uh.." While he doesn't need to actually turn his head, he reflexively turns his head toward the dormitory door for a second. "Yeah.." he chuckles looking back to the Mysti-Q. "Well the last one I got jumped by a newbie. Uhm..the first one I attended the Hiearch stepped down and they ditched the standard model for the cabal council we have right now." What other crazy has happened? He ponders the matter a moment. "Then again we've held DJ contests and the last Field Day was fun all around so I guess Conscilli are kind of like a box of chocolates when it comes to Sacto." he concludes with a shrug and grin.

Orpheus had made a beeline for the first mage he recognized. "Hey, Reverb." He called out. God it sucked walking into the door just as things got good.

Well, maybe not good, that bit was still up in the air.

Auto got a quick smile and a nod "Hey." before Orpheus turned back to Reverb. "What'd I miss?"

Autolycus

"Well Cha-Ching for me then." Auto said, cynically. "All that stuff about Seers, Banishers and Scelesti true?"

When the other man made the beeline to the conversation, Auto tensed up. Easily explained away by the current air in the room. Reverb would probably need to introduce them.

B
    Beej

"Uh...don't know what Scelesti are but Banishers..Banishers I can attest first hand to. They pulled a hit in one of our old hang outs, Written in Water. They also kidnapped one of your people..." he didn't look at Miach. "We got'em back and broke up that particular cell but there are others out there. If you're out and about and hear people talking about a drug named 'glo', get the name of the guy selling it and then GTFO for back up. Its some weird super addictive mojo coke that they're pushing."

Luckily Orpheus showed up right about that time. "Hey Orpheus. You really missed out man. This is Autolycus. He's one of yours." he gestures. "Orpheus is one of our Heralds." he adds for Auto's benefit. "Some new Ladder challenged Avalon to a duel for the crown and San Fran may or may not be fixing to take over the city." short sweet and not complex words. "And there's beer."

Orpheus blinked. "Oh, that's all?" He gave a laugh that inevitably turned into a sigh. Nothing is ever easy... A duel, Christ what a way to start off today. Still, "Beer's good, god knows I'll need one soon."

And San Fran looking at taking over? Suppose if they wanted a shot at the Banishers they were free to it.

Orpheus turned to Auto and offered a hand "Always good to see new faces, well, when they aren't challenging the leadership to duels or anything. Probably missing some context there." Then he added "Regardless, nice to meet you Autolycus."

Autolycus

Auto shakes Orpheus' hand easily. "Likewise. Since I hit the ground here, I've met the Curator. I was hoping that I'd get a chance to meet other mystagogues here, before the next formal get together." The upcoming Mysteriorum Arche was honestly no one's business but the Order's. Autolycus just wanted to put out there that he was aware that it was coming up.

B
    Beej

Undoubtedly the new guy had Order stuff he'd like to ask the senior Mysti-Q so Vincent decides now is a good time to grab a drink. "You probably have shot-talk for Orpheus so I'll leave you two to it. Nice meeting you Autolycus and welcome to our crazy." he grins and then turns to the Herald. "Swing by the Byzantine sometime Orpheus, drinks on the house." he says giving Orpheus on the arm and then heads for the snacks and drinks table.

Reverb wanders off to the Snack Table

Orpheus grinned back "Will do." He'd been about to say 'free drinks? Can't say no to that!' but cut himself short since Reverb was already gone. That and it might've been rude, too, but whatever.

Autolycus, though...

Never heard of him.

If he and the Curator had spoken already, then he probably knew what was what already. "Ah, yes. Been trying to clean up a little for that, the museums been having a bit of an animal problem lately." God I can't stand double-speak "But that'll get sorted. Where're you from if you don't mind my asking?"

Part of the Mystagogue was telling him to head upstairs and figure out what this business of duels was about. By now though, he was probably seriously behind the curve anyway. It wouldn't hurt to talk with one of the Order and avoid the political snafu that was up there.

Autolycus

"I'm sure everyone will find the experience very illuminating," he says, smiling but cryptically referring to the upcoming Initiation. Auto certainly did.

"I just moved from New York, but I traveled a lot before my Awakening. I was a security consultant, working with the Order." It was a polite euphemism for what he did and it was largely true, if he needed to break in to your home and take something from you, obviously your security measures needed improvement. "I'm finding the rent much more reasonable here. Have you been in the city for long?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread