Watch

Sunset Entertainment

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    T

1 suxx to Pulse of the Living World
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-07 07:37:21 Striker rolls 6 to Pulse of the Living World (L3+G1+HS2) (10 Again) 4, 4, 2, 8, 6, 5 1 success

As he walked among the Sleepers he ignored the un-Awakened except for those who gave him dirty looks or shuffled to the other side of the pavement as they passed by. He fixed those who disdained him with an intimidating stare. How dare yous judge me. Sure I got a missing arm, scary tattoos, a leather jacket and look a bit rough around the edges but that's no reason to look at me like that as though I'm somehow less than you. I'm more than yous will ever be. I'll show yous one day.

Striker angrily munched on some jerky he'd found on a bench in the park as he wandered the streets of Sacramento. It was dusk and he was taking in the feel and rhythm of the populace of the city while being increasingly frustrated by the individual people in it. Everything seemed more alive to him as his Supernal senses made the people, the scant animals he saw, and even the trees, bushes and grasses dance with supernal Life in a myriad of colors even as the people's attitudes darkened his mood. A stray dog wandered up to him and lifted his spirits for a few seconds. Hey fella, how's the city treating ya? He gave the mutt a scratch on the head before it wandered off again. Dogs don't know any better, but people... Content to live their pointless lives, never even striving to be good at what they do, let alone reach their potential, or even move beyond what the universe has planned for them.

He was walking through a medium sized park now, though he didn't know which one. The sun was low in the sky and the trees cast long shadows across the cooling grass. Just off the concrete path snaking through the small vestige of nature, a few people were pulling items out of bags and long black rolls of heavy cloth. Striker saw a long stick with something on each end that came from a thick fabric bag. Someone pulled out what looked like two chains with large wads of some sort of weave at the end of each one. Next he noticed what must have been a bottle of about 4 litres of some type of liquid which was poured into various containers. By now Striker was interested. These people weren't just continuing their existence. They looked like they were doing something interesting. He approached and stood watching a girl who looked like she was in her early twenties untangle a pair of chains.
    2_fire_poi__45684_zoom.jpg
    What's she going to do with them? Is this some sort of martial art?
    Each chain now loose she dipped them both in the liquid.
    And she's putting... Oil to stop it rusting? Nah it didn't look that thick.
    Then pulled out a lighter and flicked the trigger.
    Flammable. It's something bloody well freakin' flamable.
    The scent of kerosene wafted over Striker as others in the group began pouring out their own supplies. His breath started coming in short, shallow bursts and as the girl's lighter didn't produced the expected flame he winced slightly, disappointed. She flicked it again and then the tiny flame was there in her hand, under her control. Strikers eyes widened as she set it to the poi pois she held and the flame covered them in an orange light, creeping up the chain a little as if trying to escape. Then he stood enraptured as she began to spin them around and around her body, turning and twisting at the last moment to get out of the way of the ever moving flames, moving in more and more complicated arcs and circles as her body remembered the moves and patterns she'd done before.

I've never seen fire used so... Beautifully. She's tamed the freakin' fire. It's. It's. It's. The fire's alive but she's controlling where it goes.

A drumbeat was soon started by another member of the group who had some small bongos and soon there were half a dozen sets of flames dancing and spinning in time to the music as the sun sank beyond the horizon. Striker eventually settled down on the grass and continued to watch the group, oblivious to all else. He sat with the flames dancing before his eyes while he pondered the differences between raw power and finesse.

Free Council

Temoins du Sud, Doorwarden
    Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley stalked through the dusk: a shadow, a wraith.

He was waiting for the appointed time, you see. The band wasn't due to start for some hours and he had no desire to waste time sitting in some dingy bar. This day, he was feeling more reflective than usual; so he let his feet wander and fate decide where he should end up. He had time.

Dressed in ratty black jeans, boots, ratty T with a faded picture crumbling on the front, he quietly relished the stares and the physical distance people gave him. That was fine by him; it meant he didn't have to hide the gleam in his eye, or the slight smile that teased at the corners of his mouth as the shadows grew and the sun sank. His time was coming - but not yet!

His feet found them before his eyes ever did. He found himself standing by a tree, facing a steadily growing group of performers. Fire danced. Drums beat. That one dancer was something!

Interest piqued, he leaned on the tree, head forward, body cleaving to shadow, eyes watching.

Temporal Dodge
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-14 03:33:27 Crowley rolls 4 to Gno 2 + Time 2 (10 Again) 9, 7, 4, 3 1 success

Temporal Eddies
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-14 03:32:59 Crowley rolls 4 to GNO 2 + Time 2 (10 Again) 2, 9, 5, 2 1 success

3. Likes Teeramus liked this post
    T

Enraptured as he was with the fire dancers, Striker had spent enough time on the streets to be actively aware of his surroundings. The flames of the girl he was watching died out and when she went to refill the pois with kerosene he glanced around at the darkening park.
      2 suxx on Perception to notice active spells on Crowley
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-14 19:23:27 Striker rolls 3 to Perception (W2+C2) To notice active spells on Crowley (The rest) (10 Again) 2, 9, 4 1 success
    2014-06-14 19:22:53 Striker rolls 1 to Perception (W2+C2) To notice active spells on Crowley (10 Again) 9 1 success

He supernal sense showed him the signs of active spells under a tree.
    Hello then. What's this? Another mage maybe? Could be a sleeper with a spell, but that's not likely. Then again I don't really know what is likely in this town. Could be a hostile mage for all I know. Can't be too careful I guess.

Striker muttered the High Speech as the shielding spell formed in his mind then settled over him.
      2 suxx Organic Resilience
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-14 19:34:19 Striker rolls 6 to Organic Resilience (Gn1+L3+HS2) (10 Again) 3, 9, 9, 6, 5, 6 2 successes

Happy that he was proteted, He stood up and walked directly towards the active spells he saw, expecting to be noticed if it was another mage who had their sight active. He was confident he could look after himself, and wanted to know who else was on the streets with spells active.

It was dark under the tree and Striker's eyes were still adjusting after staring at the flames. He approached and called out, not too loud in his Aussie accent, "Evening mate. Have I seen you round at 5 corners? I work at the archery shop." It wasn't a very good attempt at talking about the pentacle orders and the Adamantine Arrow with mentioning them, but Striker never liked messing about with double talk and preferred a more direct approach. Besides, if they knew what he was talking about he'd identified himself as an Arrow so they should know they were in for trouble if things got violent.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

Crowley didn't shift from his position as the other magic wielder approached. He at least, was as well protected as he could be, and he sincerely doubted someone would start something physical in plain view. Magic users were too tricky for that sort of thing, or so he thought.

"Me? Maybe. I prefer the freedom to make my own choices, myself."

Very slick.

His eyes ran over the fellow, alighting briefly on the missing on, then sliding off.

"Nice to meet ya. Name's Crowley." He extended a hand.

T

The other man seemed to understand him. "Freedom to make choices", Striker wondered if he was saying outright that he was an Apostate or hinting that he was Free Council. Either way he seemed genuine. "Call me Striker. I'm new to Sacro, but I'm startin' to get to know the place. Good to meet cha. You watching the spinners?" He asked, motioning back to the fire dancers.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"For the moment. They are pretty impressive, I gotta say. Yeah, I've only just arrived myself. Home again after a lifetime away, that sort of thing."

Crowley responded, letting his eyes be drawn back to the fire dancers.

"How long you been out here?" He asked, eyes narrowing as he recognised the different accent.

T

"Damn impressive if you ask me." Striker turns to look at them again...
      Stops being distracted by the entertainment
    Date Action Roll Result
    2014-06-15 02:26:45 Striker rolls 5 to Stop being distracted by the entertainment (10 Again) 7, 2, 3, 6, 9 1 success
    .. before turning back to Crowley.
    "I've been here a couple of weeks. Got sent here from Rockhampton, 'Straya, to get some experience and 'cause the consilium there likes talkin' more than doin' and get their knickers in a twist when you do stuff before they've finished talkin' about it." Striker sounds a bit frustrated by the end of the sentence but laughs it off. "Ha. Bunch of old farts never did anything useful. Home again? So Sacro's home for ya?"

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Eh. I was born around here. Grew up around here. Once we got ourself going we moved to the big smoke, you know. More of an audience. And then... well... it was fun." A manic grin stretched across his face. "We burned like stars." The smile faded into a nostalgic half smile. "Haven't been back in ages! Before that I was down in L.A. but its not a good town to summon new material you know. Not now. A little too anarchic. Bad chaos. Good chaos... well... things'll just flow as they're meant to, you know."

T

Striker listened to Crowley's story. It sounded fascinating. He wasn't exactly sure what the mage was talking about, but Crowley was obviously passionate about it and Striker liked passionate people. We? "You in a band or something then? That's awesome. Yous still together?" Striker was engaged. It was something about the way his expression seemed somewhat unhinged, not at all like normal people. Normal people are boring.

Free Council

Crowley

Free Council

PRE

"Yeah. Friends from before high school. Good friends. Band. Done all that. Good times. We rocked." Crowley could not help but chuckle. They had been good times.

"So. You're a man of action, are you?" He turned the conversation to the present, deflecting it back onto Striker.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread