Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
41 - 50
DISPLAYED
(Private) 'Girl Time'

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

She gave the girl a rather confused look, paying no mind to the beverage the girl was brought even as she sipped at her own after a moment. "... you were serious about the museum earlier, huh?" It wasn't really a question, now, so much as a realization. Mandy smiled a little bit to the other before simply chuckling. "I assure you, I'd probably bore you silly, eventually," she stated with a soft sigh, reaching to put the picture back away.

"Regardless, when it comes to history and archeology in Europe, the Balkans, or the Americas... Feel free to ask. If I don't know, I'm sure I'll be just as pleased to go find the information - and probably even more so to then explain to you. For instance, just a silly piece of knowledge that you should keep in mind if ever you visited Egypt," she wasn't going to use the woman's shadow name, but that seemed like a good seguy, "Asps - the Angelicized version of aspis - are a highly poisonous snake found in the Nile region. Of course, they're more well known in modern times as the Egyptian Cobra, as asps themselves are the more mythological name for them. People seem to think that an asp technically still exists under that name, which is a falsehood, but it's interesting nevertheless.

"In both dynastic and Roman Egypt, asps were considered to be a symbol of royalty, and the venom from the snake was used to grant a more dignified death to certain condemned folks than the typical execution. Cleopatra herself, in fact, is said to have used the bite of an asp towards her suicide. Of course, modern medicine has disproven that, as what was used in fact was a mixture of hemlock, wolfsbane and opium... still, the story has immortalized asps in history."

After a brief pause, Mandy chuckled a little. "Of course, the Asp is also a nine millimetre pistol based on the Smith and Wesson model 39... I suppose it's poisonous in it's own way as well."

2. Likes West, Sirith liked this post
    A
    Asp

Yeah, she'd gotten it. There, within that history, lay the reason for her having selected the name with her mentor's guidance when she had Awakened. The whole thing about a dignified death? She was a trained warrior, but there was little dignified about being beaten to death by a baton. No, what mattered was that the asp represented the Path of the Mighty... as ancient a representation as it may be.

"I totally figured you'd be able to tell me all about Egypt, but I wasn't expecting so much detail! Yes, I'd go to a museum with you, Mandy. Seriously."

Asp grinned, sliding the drink over toward the open side of the table as if to begin a fortress, warding off further visitors. Her phone hadn't yet buzzed back. Was Cut ignoring her flirty-flirts?

He was probably busy blushing, despite having been warned.

"Guns, huh? Just an academic interest, or something a bit more practical?"

Somewhere along the line, the little snake had gotten her talking.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

If her messenger bag has been mentioned, Zoey is carrying an old leatherbound journal, two bottles of gatorade and a waterbottle, a change of clothing, a second small pistol, a couple of snacks and a variety of miscellaneous objects. Don't question a woman's purse.

PRE

"I could go into a lot more detail than that," she chuckled a bit, "that was a reasonably small little detail that was important to note... you always check your attire before you put it on in Egypt. South America, too," Mandy added with a little smile.

"Guns are just a curiousity," the older woman shook her head, "but you learn how to work your way around them when you're a woman in a third-world country. Between predators of the two-legged variety and the four-legged variety, there's a lot to keep yourself safe from."

A
    Asp

"I will bear that in mind. You know. In case of scorpions or snakes or whatever." She had little to no intention of going to Egypt any time soon. Wasn't the area mad unstable?

Wasn't there a war against the Liars to be fought here, too? It seemed seeing the Sphinx would have to wait.

"You ever think about learning any hand-to-hand? I mean, if it's that bad over there, it seems smart to learn to not rely on a firearm, right?" She'd never been accosted in some third world country before, but having been to a nightclub a time or six, she knew some dudes got mad handsy.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Enough to keep myself afloat," she responded, "I figure if I want to be treated with appropriate equality, it means I shouldn't need to be relying on others to come to my aid, either. There are a lot of things you pick up when you're running around various unstable countries that way."

She was, if nothing else, reasonably self-sufficient. She tended to work alone - she needed to be.

A
    Asp

Asp nodded understandingly. "Yeah, fair enough. It's good to be able to handle yourself." She looked around for something to sip at, finally picking up the drink brought to her by the guy with a little sigh and muttered something about how she was caving. Life magic did have the perk of giving her an answer if she felt herself being Roofied.

"Speaking of which. You ever want to train more, let me know. It's sort of my thing."

The small Arrow gestured toward her with the drink, careful not to spill. "And I may have to hit you up for an Egypt textbook or lesson or something. I actually am super interested in learning more about that time period."

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"The time period?" Mandy laughed a little bit, grinning lightly to herself. "Egypt is a place, not a time. There's Ancient Egypt, Middle Egypt, Modern Egypt... there's culture or geography... lots of different parts of it, you know? So you'll have to be a little more specific than... time period," she giggled once more, a little girlishly.

Leaning back in her seat as she finished her drink, Mandy smiled some. "But... we'll see about a little training or something, I'm sure I could use a little bit of that. I'm definitely... spending a fair bit of time at a computer and such lately. I'm sure I could use the practice," she took a moment after her words to shake her head though. "... of course, I imagine I'll need to ask you to take it easy on me. I'm just not as young as I used to be," she teased.

A
    Asp

Asp gave her a 'no shit, Sherlock' sort of look over the green-colored beverage. "Asps were a symbol of royalty in a period of time in Egypt. That's when I'm referring to, smart-ass." She chuckled and stuck a bit of tongue out at her, to let her know she wasn't all that serious. "And yeah. I can go easy on you, if you ask nicely."

Innocent look, sip of drink, like nothing happened even though it so obviously did. Asp wasn't very subtle.

"Zoey"
    Sheet

PRE

"Roman Egypt," Mandy clarified with a smile, before giving the girl a little wink. "But thanks for paying enough attention to my ass to know."

As to asking nicely... well, that was another story, wasn't it? "I could perhaps be persuaded to ask nicely. Maybe."

Hailing the server, Mandy ordered herself another drink before casting a look to Asp. She would have offered but... the girl seemed to have one already. All was well.

A
    Asp

"Roman Egypt, huh?" Asp held the waiter. "This one's on me," she said, motioning to Mandy with a little smirk on her youthful face after that remark.

"I figured you could be... now, Boston up, babe. We all want to hear this."

Tricky snakey.

Page 5 of 6 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 Last
Closed Thread